Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. (19150 Views)

IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha / Garba Shehu Get Your Records Straight- Niger Delta Avengers / Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by attacker231: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
BDSMangela:
sweet nonsense.

You lot need to stop deciving yourselves. Nobody stopped an ibo man from contesting and winning a presidential election in Nigeria. Your political miscalculation and shortsigthedness have always been your undoing.

After the civil war, in the 2nd republic, nnamdi azikwe an ibo man contested in the presidential election and he lost, partly because the winner, alhaji shehu shagari, made another ibo man, alex ekweme his vice presidential running mate. It was this same shagari that granted amnesty to ojukwu in other to win the ibos support at the polls.

In the fourth republic, ojukwu, the greatest ibo man that ever lived, contested for the presidency twice and he lost woefully on both occasions, why? Because his ibo kinsfolk didnt even vote for him. You 'v also had five different ibo senate presidents viz:

evans enwerem
chuba okadigbo
adolphus wabara
ken nnamani
pius anyim

what did you make out of their tenure? Werent they all kicked out of office with the aid of their fellow ibo senators?

In the last election, didnt Chekwas Okorie, an ibo man contest in the election? Una vote for am? No be una talk say jonathan na una son?

Now about the Biafra war wey una wn fight? When did ibo industralists like arthur eze, emeka offor, ifeanyi ubah, cosmos maduka, innoson, ibeto etc say anything about Biafra? When did ibo politicians like ike ekweremadu, stealer oduah, willie obiano, ifeanyi ugwanyi etc say anything about Biafra?

Nobody is going to take your Biafra nonsense serious as long as you have online miscreants like nnamdi kanu championing your agitation. Nobody will take your threat serious as a national security threat as long as you continue to attempt attacking yoruba owned churches(Deeper Life - Kumuyi) instead of military installations, police stations etc

Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 11:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
The Yoruba would not want to be involved in any fight against the Igbos again especially if the Eastern army makes no advance towards the west like what happened during the last civil war in the march to librate Lagos from northern occupier army which had occupied the west. I am not a Yoruba man but I doubt very much that the Yoruba would willingly just jump into battle to assist the core north. The Yoruba would do all they can to try and stay out of any fighting and would prefer to be on the fence. They might however be forced into the war from either flank.

Correct!

Killing Yorubas will force Yorubas into war.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by OreMI22: 12:06am On Jun 26, 2015
[size=15pt]When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT! [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:10am On Jun 26, 2015
BDSMangela Are you a spy?
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:12am On Jun 26, 2015
harde2lah:

Who cares? When you're ready to start the war, bring it on. We will be glad to smash your Biafra into smithereens once again. I hope Nmadifool will not run away just like ojuukuu
Cool down!
Shebi u are Yoruba?
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:15am On Jun 26, 2015
OreMI22:
[size=15pt]When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT! [/size]

The oil in Igboland isn't even enough for Igboland. South-South, Lagos and ondo is where the oil is at.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:16am On Jun 26, 2015
chuna1985:

lmao!!!

Yoruba insisting that igbos must be part of Nigeria, lwtms.

U guys r really scared ooo. U know u can't do without us ..

#COWARD

How are Yorubas holding you back? By Chains? By lock?

Are Yorubas that strong?
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2015
mulattoclaro:
The igbos are a greedy bunch who want to control and dominate other ethnic groups and when they see they're not given the chance to they start crying of marginalization. I've always known them to sore losers and cry babies. All this noise making simply cos Gej lost to buhari. I'm from the South South and I really wanted jonathan to win. But let's tell ourselves the truth cos the truth they say is bitter. What did Gej do they actually requires him being reelected? Igbos need to stop disturbing this country otherwise what happened to them in the civil war will be a little compared to what will hit them now.
Them don open ur cage...
You sounds like a kid.....

Did you diluted the article into your faculty of reasoning before commenting?

Stop behaving kiddish in this thread...

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:20am On Jun 26, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Why shouldn't I be angry when everything about you is writing trash.
How can I be happy when my people are treated differently in a place they called their country.

the difference between Igbos and Yoruba is tha Yorubas can accept being in servitude all his life but an average Igbo is republican and always like to excercise his liberty.

[size=18pt]Why is it that its only in East that reprisal attack alway occur in Nigeria whenever this bloodshed in North but other regions remain calm while others play Ostrich of "we are not affected".
[/size]
Igbos are not happy being in servitude, get that into your head, look at how the Gambaris have turned you minority in your majority party and your here still talking while Biafra is a bad idea.

Am angry and I must bare my heart.

Nigeria is built on injustice, inequality and impunity.

Because other regions aren't blood-thirsty?

Yorubas will not attack people from the North/S/E just because there's a crisis in those region.

What do Northerners living in Yorubaland have to do with Northerners attacking each other in the North? Leave innocent people alone.

Calm down and use your sense.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:22am On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

The oil in Igboland isn't even enough for Igboland. South-South, Lagos and ondo is where the oil is at.
They aren't mining the oil in SE... They only mine the ones in SS...

Igbos don't believe in Oil...
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:22am On Jun 26, 2015
NAIJASOM:
People who disagree with the op are delusional and lying to themselves to feel good. The truth is that times have change and it's not in Nigeria favor anymore. The way the world responded to Boko haram crises gives me and idea what would happen if a full blown civil war breaks out. Continue lying to yourselves in the name of one Nigeria.

If Biafra tows the way of terrorism as Radio Biafra is risking, the world will tag you as terrorist as they did boko haram.

Who will sympathize with terrorists? You say you have a cause? Well, so does boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:23am On Jun 26, 2015
Macelliot:

They aren't mining the oil in SE... They only mine the ones in SS...

Igbos don't believe in Oil...

Okay.

I don't remember oil in igboland being relevant to our economy.

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:25am On Jun 26, 2015
Idrismusty97:
We want another civil war please! This time it would be all or nothing! Finally we shall have access to the sea, The SE would be one state and the different areas like Anambra, Imo etc would be ruled by Emirs. Our children will grow up to called the SE their land....It would be renamed Nyamiri. The Igbo's would be minority in their own land. Please just start the war already! Nigeria may not survived another civil war but Arewa will! This would simply be an expansion of the Northern territory provided you fire the first shot. Thanks

You want war? Will you fight?
Do you have defense plans for your children and women and elderly?
Bullets do not discriminate. When it starts flying, it won't stop.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:28am On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Because other regions aren't blood-thirsty?

Yorubas will not attack people from the North/S/E just because there's a crisis in those region.

What do Northerners living in Yorubaland have to do with Northerners attacking each other in the North? Leave innocent people alone.

Calm down and use your sense.
Has Igbo ever attacked Hausas in North = NO

Has Igbo ever attacked Yorubas in the West = NO ....

Has Hausas ever attacked the Igbos in North = YES ... In the East = YES...

Has Hausas ever attacked Yorubas in North = YES .... In the West = YES...

Infact, The Fulanis has attacked All Ethnic groups in Nigeria in their different indigenous homes...

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:28am On Jun 26, 2015
Don't get me wrong, you can clamour for war and get it diplomatically. But a violent war, especially attacking the Yorubas and Hausa WILL end in a lot of casualties.

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:30am On Jun 26, 2015
Macelliot:

Has Igbo ever attacked Hausas in North = NO

Has Igbo ever attacked Yorubas in the West = NO ....

Has Hausas ever attacked the Igbos in North = YES ... In the East = YES...

Has Hausas ever attacked Yorubas in North = YES .... In the West = YES...

Infact, The Fulanis has attacked All Ethnic groups in Nigeria in their different indigenous homes...

Refer your post to the Igbo guy I quoted.

He's the one that said Igboland is the only region that retaliates against innocent northerners in Igboland when Northerners attack Igbos in the North.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:31am On Jun 26, 2015
carnegiefan:
Another (and perhaps the most important reason) why this time things will be better for the Igbo is the large Igbo diaspora. If it ever gets to war, they can fund the war by investing up to $2-5 billion every year (and they can do so forever if need be!) to arm those fighting for their freedom from the Nigerian slavery.
And above all, the war will NEVER stop until Biafra is liberated, because losing is not even an option for Igbo this time. cool
Conversely we can simply wait for Nigeria to go bankrupt soon because of poor oil earnings. Once that happens, to you tents o Israel. cheesy

Don't we have other Nigerians in diaspora?

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:33am On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Okay.

I don't remember oil in igboland being relevant to our economy.
You see!

You still don't understand...

There's no difference between SS oil and SE...

SS receives the highest allocation because of oil mining.. Mining those in SE will bring fort high FG allocation in which the Dominant North doesn't want...

Since all this Years, OBJ just an added Imo and Abia to Niger delta.... Even Anambra is yet to be added...

There are oil in Anambra than Edo state....

This all politics....

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2015
BiafranPr1nce:

Okada riders indeed, please next time don't be ignorant in your utterances, I have traveled many countries because of this Biafra struggle, if u think we are foolish for supporting Nnamdi, then get ready to be schooled by me showing you many hardcore high class Biafrans supporting Biafra.

It's not good to reveal secrets.

If u take me on, I will floor u with documented evidence and videos.

Let me tell you one simple fact, Americans are not happy with the neo-colonialism happening in Africa, and the backwardness, they only want u to rise up and they will help you on a just course. British government is playing ping-pong with Nigerians and Africans, and I pity the gullible few who wants Nigeria to remain the same. Without Britain getting off Nigeria's butt, we will all continue to run in cirlces, and can't make any meaningful achievement.[

lol is this a joke?
You think Americans want Africa to progress? grin With unending racism in America? Ngga have a sit.

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:35am On Jun 26, 2015
Macelliot:

You see!

You still don't understand...

There's no difference between SS oil and SE...

SS receives the highest allocation because of oil mining.. Mining those in SE will bring fort high FG allocation in which the Dominant North doesn't want...

Since all this Years, OBJ just an added Imo and Abia to Niger delta.... Even Anambra is yet to be added...

There are oil in Anambra than Edo state....

This all politics....

Lol you seem a bit confused.

Tell an Ijaw man that.

Oil in the SE won't feed the SE for a year.

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by IlekeHD: 12:36am On Jun 26, 2015
Honestly, most of you people sound ignorant.

This is why Ojukwu ran to IVC during the war, he bit more than he could chew.

I'm gonna have to exit.....

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:38am On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Tell an Ijaw man that.
We don't believe in Oil...
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:38am On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Tell an Ijaw man that.
We don't believe in Oil...
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Macelliot(m): 12:40am On Jun 26, 2015
IlekeHD:
Honestly, most of you people sound ignorant.

This is why Ojukwu ran to IVC during the war, he bit more than he could chew.

I'm gonna have to exit.....
Pot calling kettle black...

See what North did to ....
Afonja
Awolowo
Abiola M.K.0
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by ikeyman00(m): 12:56am On Jun 26, 2015
@@

Say what u like .

Let the yorubas cry as far as they could.

This Nigerfraud is going down right before your very eyes. I told yall we cant be stopped. Ndi ara

RĂ¡dio biafra london santizing our people towards the restoration of Biafra.

We know IBB OBJ are listening under their bed.

Tell your mummy Biafra is coming.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by GentleToks(m): 1:15am On Jun 26, 2015
leke12:
We are not the problem, our Elites and their children(our tribes) are the enemies! If war breaks out, they will all fly out in their private jets to their foreign homes seeking political asylum. When the war start they will be d one to be selling arms and ammunitions to us to kill ourselves just like the political thug wars,riots, religious war and even during the civil war. Obasanjo will flyout,Atiku will flyout, edwin clarke will, kanu(biafra leader) will fly too and so with other elites with their families. We the average citizens will remain,killing ourselves from every angle, u might loose ur father/mother, u might loose ur brother/sister, u might loose ur children/our ur life, can you afford that? After the war is over the Elites family will return having making so much money from the war, they will come back with their family more stronger and richer to rule every divisions in pretense of peace brokage agreement. THE WEAK WILL CONTINUE TO BE DEVOUR BY THE STRONG UNTIL THE WEAK LEARN TO BE STRONG!!!peace

The most smartest Nigerian ever liveth( This is what you deserve after death. This should be written on a special marble)

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Duru1(m): 1:17am On Jun 26, 2015
mulattoclaro:
The igbos are a greedy bunch who want to control and dominate other ethnic groups and when they see they're not given the chance to they start crying of marginalization. I've always known them to sore losers and cry babies. All this noise making simply cos Gej lost to buhari. I'm from the South South and I really wanted jonathan to win. But let's tell ourselves the truth cos the truth they say is bitter. What did Gej do they actually requires him being reelected? Igbos need to stop disturbing this country otherwise what happened to them in the civil war will be a little compared to what will hit them now.

When a petulant scallywag such as you join the bashing of Igbo yet claimed to have hailed from south-south, it a behavior noted among those whose forbearers where slaves and very mush ashamed of their ethnicity. Please if you want to join in the idiotic bashing of Ndiigbo, it will be a honorable endeavor to uncover your expendable ethnicity. I guess you realized there are certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria that do not deserved to be mentioned in discussion that involve Igbo. By the way, you are entitled to dislike your empty self.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Duru1(m): 1:27am On Jun 26, 2015
wirinet:

Can you please expantiate on the above. Nigeria recovered fully from the civil war within 10 years. By 1977, Nigeria's had so much money that she decided to host the whole of Africa in a Jamboree. Even Gowon Boasted that money was not the problem, how to spend it is. The problem we have today is a cummulative effect of greed, avarice and vanities of our leaders (Biafrans included) and the seeming helplessnes of the people.

A second civil war will only be bloodier and more viscious than the first one because the hatred on all sides is much more intense than the last time, no thanks to the struggled for power at the centre. But i truly cannot see how the result would be different.

Once a person becomes handicapped, there is no amount of money he or she deposited in the bank(s) can change the fact he/she is partially damaged. Nigeria is a damaged good.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by boladeen(m): 1:28am On Jun 26, 2015
Now let me liken Nigeria situation to soccer fans. Fans of 3 teams vying for the same goal wouldn't want d progress of d oda teams due to d glory he takes(selfish interest). As soon as any 2 of d teams got eliminated from d tournament (differences)they form a strong opposition against d remaining 1.yes! This might not b 1967.Diego amando maradona beats virtually all d opposition players to goal and record repeated itself with mess even in d so called modern footballi.all these might be hilarious , but dats d truth.Nigeria has lots of differences b4 d 1967 civil war starting from different coup plots but still managed to scape tru.
War is easy love is hard. Sometimes its not on the battle field real courage is shown. Love requires trust and trust requires honesty.long live Nigeria
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by nduchucks: 1:30am On Jun 26, 2015
Duru1:

When a petulant scallywag such as you join the bashing of Igbo yet claimed to have hailed from south-south, it a behavior noted among those whose forbearers where slaves and very mush ashamed of their ethnicity. Please if you want join in the idiotic bashing of Ndiigbo, it will be a honorable endeavor to uncover your expendable ethnicity. I guess you realized there are certain ethnic groups in southern Nigeria that do not deserved to be mentioned in discussion that involve Igbo. By the way, you are entitled to dislike your empty self.

I detect a cheap shot thrown at my brothers from the SW in this post. Why not just name the certain ethnic groups if fear is not a factor? undecided

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Duru1(m): 1:30am On Jun 26, 2015
GentleToks:

The most smartest Nigerian ever liveth( This is what you deserve after death. This should be written on a special marble)

There is nothing smart about a person talking of war in a matter of disintegration of Nigeria instead of song. Nigerians do not need to go to war for them to go their separate ways.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Duru1(m): 1:35am On Jun 26, 2015
nduchucks:

I detect a cheap shot thrown at my brothers from the SW in this post. Why not just name the certain ethnic groups if fear is not a factor? undecided

Please redirect your knowledgeable antenna and you easily detect there was no iota of cheap shot in previous post. Remember he who comes for equity must come with clean hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tricycle Ban: PDP Faults Sanwo-Olu For Not Providing Alternative, To Protest / EFCC Arrests Abdulaziz Yari, Former Zamfara Governor / If Not Infrastructure, Then What - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.