Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Contemplate And Be Thankful To Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Contemplate And Be Thankful To Allah (1490 Views)

Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Contemplate And Be Thankful To Allah by Abuklaw(m): 9:44am On Jun 25, 2015
CONTEMPLATE AND BE THANKFUL TO ALLAH

Indeed all praise and adoration are due to only Allah, the Lord of incomparable majesty, the Giver of good and the paradigm of philanthropist. May His peace and benediction be upon the noble soul of Muhammad (SAW), his household, his companions and the generality of Muslims till the Day of Judgment.

Do you ever think, ponder, meditate and contemplate on the innumerable mercies of Allah that cannot be evaluated? Do you think everything that happens to you is by accident?
Allah SWT says in the glorious Qur’an “Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you both [jinns and men] deny? (Qur’an 55:13)

It is not a coincidence that you were born with functioning eyes, nose, ears, tongue and other functioning parts of the human body. Your sense of sight, hearing, speech, touch and smell are blessings from Allah to you. But nay! You have taken them for granted; you think they are your birthright. You have at your disposal all this things which many others are deprived.

To know the worth of the abovementioned mercies; you have to imagine yourself without feet, picture yourself in the midst of thousands without sense of hearing, envisage the emotional trauma you will be going through if you cannot talk.

“Saheed played with his family, joked and had fun before he went to bed the previous night but he woke up to realize that he could neither talk nor hear. He initially thought it was a dream and tried as much as he can, not believe his predicament. He wept bitterly but that couldn’t remedy his present situation.”

Imagine what saheed went through the morning of this tragic occurrence. You fill your belly with delicious food and cool water while the pleasure of food and water is impossible for some due to illness and disease. Don’t you ponder on your ability to think and reason rationally while some are suffering from mental disorder? But you are too busy to contemplate on this and give thank to Allah for his mercies. You always complain and bicker when you lose things (materials), you always whine when things don’t go the way you want it, you feel dejected because you lost that job and sometimes, you become emotional because you are unable to get your dream job.

If saeed could be given the opportunity to trade his condition with yours, he would gladly do and smile over what you worry about because he is seeing what real trials are. Would you sell your ability to hear and speak for 100 million naira if you had the offer? You have been given abundant favours yet you feign ignorance. You think about what you do not have and you are ungrateful for the mercies bestowed upon you. You worry over loss of wealth while you have been given the key to happiness. Contemplate and be grateful to Allah oh you who is dejected!

“And also in your ownselves [are signs], will you then see” (Quran 51:21)
And He also reiterates “They recognize the grace of Allah, yet they deny it” (Qur’an 16:83).

Today and now is the time for you to make it up to Allah for His mercies on you. Be grateful to him for the protection over your life. You enjoy things in the midst of the deprived, you laugh when some cries, yet you are not thankful.

Seek forgiveness from Allah with the following prayers or anyway you deem appropriate: Oh Allah! Forgive me for I have wronged my soul, Oh Allah! Forgive me for I have been ungrateful to you, Oh Allah! forgive me when I whine and complain.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Proove It If Quran Is Really God's Word And Not Man / Difference Between Shia And Sunni Muslims / Can We Get #freegawat Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.