Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Politics Of Poor Quality Education In Nigeria: A Bill For Consideration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of Poor Quality Education In Nigeria: A Bill For Consideration (673 Views)

Fayose's Wife, Feyisetan, Paying Hospital Bills Of Poor Women (pics) / (stella Oduah)five More Airline Begging For Consideration To Ply AIIA, ENUGU / Sokoto, Katsina Top List Of Poor States... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics Of Poor Quality Education In Nigeria: A Bill For Consideration by Afaukwu: 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2009
If I were to become a lecturer in Nigeria (infact whether a lecturer or not), I will advocate for far-reaching reforms in the education system, especially with regards to examination and assessment. At the National Assembly, I will lobby for a law allowing for the introduction of oral examination with appropriate checks. During my studies in Europe, I did written, oral, and written-oral exams; and the olodos are easy to spot during oral exams. I know that naija lecturers may want to exploit the oral exams to victimize students, but the check will be that the proceedings will be recorded for future reference (an audio wil do). Only maths, statistics and like courses will be fully written. By oral exams, expo will be reduced and the best students will shine. In addition to these advantages, oral exams will also inculcate the culture of boldness and overcoming stage fright early in our lives. What thinkest thou?
Re: Politics Of Poor Quality Education In Nigeria: A Bill For Consideration by Afaukwu: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2009
Guys, una no wan contribute here? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Politics Of Poor Quality Education In Nigeria: A Bill For Consideration by davidif: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2009
Its called viva voce.
Re: Politics Of Poor Quality Education In Nigeria: A Bill For Consideration by davidif: 10:00am On Mar 01, 2009

(1) (Reply)

This Will Help Nigeria To Improve / Reps Pass Confidence Vote On Iwu / Rotimi Now Wants To Play The Good Boy (sorry Man)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.