Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. (1139 Views)

Research Work On CV / Importance Of Including Hobbies And Interest On CV / Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm just wondering how employers view self employment on resume. And also, if one has previously worked with a sole proprietor who own no office space, no online presence or website but get print business of 2 million worth monthly. I don't know if I will be perceived negatively because I have been out of the work with the printer (man) for so long.
Re: How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. by bodeoni: 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
In my opinion, self-employment doesn't really translate to relevant work experience for obvious reasons like the fact that you answer to no one hence you may not have tested your limits.

I think it should go under achievements. What I mean is that you outline what you have achieved. You could also do a functional CV where you list out the skiils you have honed through self employment.

Another way to do it, that's if you want to list it as work experience, is to write something like
Freelance Programmer. 2014-present
. Designed an ERP system for XYZ group of companies linking over 200 branches together
. Designed a remote catalouging system for ABC blah blah blah

Something like that. You can list all your achievements under.

As regards the sole proprietor, he must have a company name. The address is not so important. These days we have many online companies that don't have an office space.

Please note that should you get invited for an interview, you should be ready to answer questions as to why you want to leave freelancing for a paid job. You should also be ready to convince the recruiter that you will be devoted to the job and won't be double dealing.

Cheers
Re: How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
bodeoni:
In my opinion, self-employment doesn't really translate to relevant work experience for obvious reasons like the fact that you answer to no one hence you may not have tested your limits.

I think it should go under achievements. What I mean is that you outline what you have achieved. You could also do a functional CV where you list out the skiils you have honed through self employment.

Another way to do it, that's if you want to list it as work experience, is to write something like
Freelance Programmer. 2014-present
. Designed an ERP system for XYZ group of companies linking over 200 branches together
. Designed a remote catalouging system for ABC blah blah blah

Something like that. You can list all your achievements under.

As regards the sole proprietor, he must have a company name. The address is not so important. These days we have many online companies that don't have an office space.

Please note that should you get invited for an interview, you should be ready to answer questions as to why you want to leave freelancing for a paid job. You should also be ready to convince the recruiter that you will be devoted to the job and won't be double dealing.

Cheers
Wow! Thanks so much. God bless.
Re: How Do One State Self Employment Or An Unregistered Company On Cv. by herkeym001(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
I say a very big THANK YOU to both the questionrer and the answerer.

(1) (Reply)

Vacant For Academic, Non-academic Positions At Unilag-apply Here / Driver Wanted For Pure Water Factory / Beware Of Fake Recruiters: Here Is A List Of Fake Recruiters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.