Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure (16247 Views)

The Real Reason Interviewers Ask This Question. / Aptitude Test & Interviews for Graduate roles At M-P Infrastructure meet here! / Female Needed in Urgent Vacancy 4 self-employment role in sales outlet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by micronut(m): 11:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
THE REAL STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE

Each time i see what "Bayo Omoboriowo" does with photography, even as a 4.26 graduate of chemistry.....

I ask my self what is the essence of Education? if doing what you like pays the bill and makes you shine like Buhari shoe and keep your head high like Jonathan's Fedora hat..

....then that is the true essence of schooling.....to polish your skills and give you opportunity to think wide.....

Think like Whizkid, Dare Art alade, Runtown, flavour, 2face et.al to write rhymes and flows that would change your life for good..

.if writing your way to the top like "Japheth Omojuwa" would save your ass from GNLD Job invites.........then keep the ball rolling.

if only we know what the future hold for us, may be we would be more tactical and change our views about life and what true Education is all about.

Who buys all the buggati, verari, 4matics, fords of this world? Business men and people with skills and great dexterity and not civil servants.

Who travels around the world and see places? definitely not 8-6 workers.

Who builds all the mansions we all see on the front covers of magazines? definitely not paid workers but innovators.

Possibly when we start thinking out of box, of how to at least put food on our table, may be would stop distributing cv's to all our enemies.

Every job interview is another story for another day, the agony and level of HR constant show of remorse and ineptitude is so down casting.. Until we are able to tell them, that we are better than that piece of paper called certificate, then we shall trample on vices that has always been stopping us from progressing.

Job Applicants, Lets think, follow our subconsciousness, lets listen to our inner minds, work on our ideas, ideas are mind virus the replicates with time. Ideas rules the world, it can take us to places, it gives us the only secured job we all have been looking for. After all, what we are looking for is survival, conviniency and satisfaction.

If that hobby we overlooked is giving us stipends, then its safe to say we can get much more from it, if we devout more time and becomes more passionate.

We can make it as a standup comedian, if "i go die" can do it.

We can make it as an On Air Personality (OAP) if we start a little as functions/programmes MC.

We can create better Apps, better blogs than Linda ikeji, better forum than even Nairaland..

We can do well as a fashion designer, if wasiu taiwo (wessy fashions) who use to be M.K.O'S Tailor can today build a continental suites.

Today we see how all this small artistes, buying flashy cars and mansions all around, yet most didn't even do up to one-quarter of what we went through in the university.

Lets look around our environment, what problem can we solve that can fetch us something, no matter how small it is, definitely we won't be where we are yesterday even though we may not in any way near where we want to be.

Lets keep an open mind and do something behind while we keep sending our CV's (if we still feel the need). Indeed, opportunities abound if only we can comb and scan our environments.

After all Paid Jobs = Money
Service Provision & Talents = Money
Business = Money

ALL WOULD PUT US FOOD ON OUR TABLE AND MAKES US RESPONSIBLE.

Still on the street sha........... Every man must live his on path.......Every odenigbo, adisa and garuba would one day find his level.

Then, we shall say we have arrived..

God bless all the "never say never" dudes and chicks still on the street......
Shout out to those Street dons giving us the "can do" spirit and the "going inspiration".

WE SHALL GET THERE.................ONE DAY!

Just thinking........Echoes from the voice of the wriggling Nigeria youths on the street.

It shall be well with us.........

226 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Abraham92: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2015
Great piece!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by micronut(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
Abraham92:
Great piece!
thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Creamychic(f): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Really thought-provoking and inspiring. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Gherrokid(m): 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
A very inspiring write-up.
Thumps up OP!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by busuyem: 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
I hear u, sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by timilehing(m): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nice one but you should know that;

It's not everyone that will make it in life
It's not everyone that will make it in business
It's not everyone that singing will favour despite having a sonorous voice
Dreams are different, destinies ain't same, background varies and most importantly - we all have different attitude.
Life was supposed to be easier if we all know that very thing we'll do to succeed but the fact remains
Some will be the boss and others will be servants;
some will be at the top while others are below;
some will be kings while some will be the subject;
Some will be Tinubu while some will be Buhari,
Some will be Don Jazzy while some will be Korede Bello

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 17, 2015
Very insightful.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
"Every man must live his on path" wise words op.
I wonder why such articles never make front page.

Cc: lalasticlala.

Edited:
Finally made FP grin
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by aaamos(m): 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
h
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by naijainfogalery: 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
Entrepreneur rocks, sometimes i feels like making free money LOL

1 Like

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Calebosko(m): 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
e no easy o,to be a man

1 Like

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
I'm just here to occupy space and time eventhough my words carry no weight.
Kudos OP on ur theory of relativity.
U must be 26
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by samintegrity(m): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
When will my dare country get to her promise land.
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by warrior01: 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Please help me tell my brothers o
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by elohorayodele: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
Some people be quoting me asking ‘must everyone be self employed’?
I don’t bother answering them anymore because they should know better.
SME/entrepreneurs are the real drivers of the economy, they create wealth and the good ones turn their enterprises into corporations and become millionaires/billionaires.

here are the ten reasons why I love being an entrepreneur so much!

1 – Stick it to ‘The Man’

Being able to send that email to my last boss and truly ‘stick it to the man’ felt amazing. It was something that I had been wrestling with for a while. Everything from financial security and the fear (if I’m to be totally honest) of potentially falling flat on my face, came into play. But, when I made the decision to quit, once and for all, I did it, and I’ve never looked back.

2 – Work Your Own Schedule

Most days I will have ‘something’ on my schedule. But, having the ability to dictate when I work, when I’ll be ‘in the office’, available for meetings, etc., is freedom that I simply never want to let go of. If I want to take the afternoon off to play with our youngest, Charlie, then I can. You can’t do that working for someone else.

3 – Work Where You Like

Most days I work at home. Some days in our HQ facility, and other days from a coffee shop. From time to time I’ll even work from a resort (one of the advantages of living in Cebu, Philippines).When I’m not doing any of that, you’ll no doubt catch me working in airport lounges and in hotel rooms, as I travel extensively. I love being location independent.

4 – Work With People You Like

One of the major benefits for me, being an entrepreneur, is the ability to be able to pick and choose who I do business with. Life is too damn short to be stressed out by having clients that drive you nuts (I’ve fired several clients in the past) and to hire employees that either don’t deliver, or you don’t get on with. Teaming up with the right people is key to a happy working relationship, and as the ‘big cheese’, you get to call the shots. Cool, huh!?

5 – Create Your Own Opportunities & Destiny

Continuing from No.4, as well as choosing the PEOPLE you work with and partner with, as your own boss, you also have the ability to create your own opportunities by doing things like attending conventions, networking with like-minded people online and much more. In doing this, you shape, almost carve out your own destiny.

6 – Develop and Sell Products & Services You Love

I can honestly say that every product and service I’ve produced for my own companies I’ve whole heartedly believed in, and thoroughly love. We felt just like this when we launched Virtual Staff Finder in 2010 – based off of a blog comment we received. Since then we’ve helped thousands of stressed-out, over-worked entrepreneurs find great quality, enthusiastic virtual staff here in the Philippines. Bringing that ‘virtual freedom‘ to fellow business owners is something I’m very proud of..

7 – Solve Problems and Make a Difference in the Process

Solving a problem for someone, or a company, is the time-honored ‘Sales 101′ strategy of business. Give people want they need to get over a hurdle and you’ll enjoy success. You’ll also create a huge number of raving fans that’ll ultimately become customers. People want to do business with people that help them. It’s a no-brainer.

8 – Be the Boss

Being the boss is good. It feels good. Don’t get me wrong, it comes with it’s challenges, for sure (perhaps thats another post?!), but being known as someone that is ‘leading the way’ for a company and those involved in that company is a huge ego stroke, lets face it. As long as you keep it in check, stay focused and make sure that you deliver on promises (to staff and clients alike!), then you’ll be fine.

9 – Stand Up for What You Believe In

Being an entrepreneur also gives you the chance to stand up for what you believe in, and spread the word. I’ve been fortunate enough to be invited to numerous conferences and business events to speak on the subject of virtual assistance and outsourcing – strategies that I believe every business owner should be engaging in to build their businesses.

10 – Affect Change in People’s Thoughts & Actions

And for me, the absolute BEST thing about being an entrepreneur is the ability to be able to change peoples perceptions about how ‘this or that’ should ‘be’. I’ve been in rooms where I’ve given presentations and literally heard pennies dropping as the attendees understand where I’m coming from and start to think about taking action on whatever it is I’m waffling on about!

When other business owners come to me saying that they don’t think that a virtual assistant can help them in their business endeavors I take it personally. Not in a bad way, but in a way that spurs me on to try and prove to them, without a doubt, that VA’s will help them and their businesses – in a number of ways. Then, after they take action by hiring a VA for the first time… I smile.

In fact, I smile a lot more nowadays, as an entrepreneur – than I ever did working for someone else!!!

So, there you have it – my reasons behind loving what I do, why I do it, and what it means to me to be an entrepreneur. This type of list will no doubt be a little different for everyone, but I believe a lot of the reasons will remain the same.

http://www.chrisducker.com/love-being-an-entrepreneur/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by williams368(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
KICKING OFF WHEN?
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by asumo12: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
cool

Lemme goan learn how to plate shuku (hair) iyen gan lejaowo nah? Abi

Ggrin self na transgendered !!!

Check em PM ashewo ni

tongue
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
micronut:
THE REAL STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE

Each time i see what "Bayo Omoboriowo" does with photography, even as a 4.26 graduate of chemistry.....

I ask my self what is the essence of Education? if doing what you like pays the bill and makes you shine like Buhari shoe and keep your head high like Jonathan's Fedora hat..

....then that is the true essence of schooling.....to polish your skills and give you opportunity to think wide.....

Think like Whizkid, Dare Art alade, Runtown, flavour, 2face et.al to write rhymes and flows that would change your life for good..

.if writing your way to the top like "Japheth Omojuwa" would save your ass from GNLD Job invites.........then keep the ball rolling.

if only we know what the future hold for us, may be we would be more tactical and change our views about life and what true Education is all about.

Who buys all the buggati, verari, 4matics, fords of this world? Business men and people with skills and great dexterity and not civil servants.

Who travels around the world and see places? definitely not 8-6 workers.

Who builds all the mansions we all see on the front covers of magazines? definitely not paid workers but innovators.

Possibly when we start thinking out of box, of how to at least put food on our table, may be would stop distributing cv's to all our enemies.

Every job interview is another story for another day, the agony and level of HR constant show of remorse and ineptitude is so down casting.. Until we are able to tell them, that we are better than that piece of paper called certificate, then we shall trample on vices that has always been stopping us from progressing.

Job Applicants, Lets think, follow our subconsciousness, lets listen to our inner minds, work on our ideas, ideas are mind virus the replicates with time. Ideas rules the world, it can take us to places, it gives us the only secured job we all have been looking for. After all, what we are looking for is survival, conviniency and satisfaction.

If that hobby we overlooked is giving us stipends, then its safe to say we can get much more from it, if we devout more time and becomes more passionate.

We can make it as a standup comedian, if "i go die" can do it.

We can make it as an On Air Personality (OAP) if we start a little as functions/programmes MC.

We can create better Apps, better blogs than Linda ikeji, better forum than even Nairaland..

We can do well as a fashion designer, if wasiu taiwo (wessy fashions) who use to be M.K.O'S Tailor can today build a continental suites.

Today we see how all this small artistes, buying flashy cars and mansions all around, yet most didn't even do up to one-quarter of what we went through in the university.

Lets look around our environment, what problem can we solve that can fetch us something, no matter how small it is, definitely we won't be where we are yesterday even though we may not in any way near where we want to be.

Lets keep an open mind and do something behind while we keep sending our CV's (if we still feel the need). Indeed, opportunities abound if only we can comb and scan our environments.

After all Paid Jobs = Money
Service Provision & Talents = Money
Business = Money

ALL WOULD PUT US FOOD ON OUR TABLE AND MAKES US RESPONSIBLE.

Still on the street sha........... Every man must live his on path.......Every odenigbo, adisa and garuba would one day find his level.

Then, we shall say we have arrived..

God bless all the "never say never" dudes and chicks still on the street......
Shout out to those Street dons giving us the "can do" spirit and the "going inspiration".

WE SHALL GET THERE.................ONE DAY!

Just thinking........Echoes from the voice of the wriggling Nigeria youths on the street.

It shall be well with us.........

Good one, it is once said" work on your weakness"
but now I said into you "work on your strength, it pays a lot"

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
Being an entrepreneur is great but in nigeria's state and condition one finds it hard to start a business tho one can start small and latter you'll see the reward. But its not everyone who has the patience and environment to do so. Gob bless 9ja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by HirstMOG(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
One love to ya brov!!
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
stop distributing cv's to all our enemies.
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by 2scorehigh(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice points you've raised here.
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by hensben(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by emmygzy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
OKAY NA
Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by damiloladuke: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
I must read this

READ MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT LAUGH TIRE TONIGHT

1 Like

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by yusufu16: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
This is really inspiring. OP please do you have a blog. How can I connect with you

1 Like

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by iamauxin(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
One of the best articles I've read here...

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment: The Real Stomach Infrastructure by Realdeals(m): 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice piece! I told some of my colleagues during the service years that i do not think i'll work under anyone after NYSC. They tried to convince me about the risk involved with practically no capital to startup anything, i really understand their fear, but am determined, armed with the necessary practical skill i knew i will survive it and that was it, 3 years after i don't have any regret.

7 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-Power: Why We Introduced The "Resign From Program" Button On Your Dashboard / Vacancy With Icsl / Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.