Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

We Need To Stop Comparing Our Struggles To Other People's Highlight Reels! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Need To Stop Comparing Our Struggles To Other People's Highlight Reels! (386 Views)

Name The Bad Habit That You Have Been Trying To Stop / Some Struggles From The Past Kids Today Will Never Understand / Stop Comparing Yourself To Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Need To Stop Comparing Our Struggles To Other People's Highlight Reels! by churific(m): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
We continuously compare our struggles to other people’s highlight reels (successes, FB & Instagram posts, etc.) We never compare our struggles to their struggles. If we knew what some people had to sacrifice, do and endure to become successful, some of us would rather remain poor.

Although perceived as successful, I am actually still in a transitional phase between struggle and success, yet, I get scores of people asking me for monetary and other assistance on a daily basis. While I love and live to help people, it scares me a bit to wonder what would actually happen once I am successful!

Here’s a conversation I had yesterday with a high school mate I haven’t spoken to in over 10 years:

Mate: Chu! I see you doing big things. I want to be like you when I grow up.
Chu: Dude, you’re 3 years older than me…but longest time. What have you been up to?
Mate: You know, I’m just slinging work
Chu: I don’t get it. What does that mean?
Mate: You know, I gotta get it how I get it!
Chu: That’s cool man. Keep getting it how you get it…and don’t give up.
Mate: For sure! But bro, can I hold like $60 though…I know you got it?
Chu: Yeah you can hold like $60 but I’ll be holding the other end!

Source: www.humoredin.com

(1) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explosion Kills 5, Injures 6 In Kebbi. / Today Is CEO Webheart Birthday! Help Me Thank God. Special In Front Of God 7.7 / CULT: Police Rescue 46 Ebonyi Secondary School Students From Initiation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.