Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 (4240 Views)

Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL / Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 / Toyota Corolla 2005 Vs Lexus ES300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by mikkhon(m): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
Dear NL I am not a regular poster though I read post a lot. I trust ur judgement n advice here I have come to seek ur advice. I am in a fix here as regards buying a MB 200c class or a LX RX330. I love both cars but am finding it difficult to decide. Heard d MB has good fuel economy n d Lexus is a V6. Am scared of V6 heard many stories abt v6. Use ur expertly experience to advice me as regards. Both are 2005 model. Thanks
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 26, 2015
mikkhon:
Dear NL I am not a regular poster though I read post a lot. I trust ur judgement n advice here I have come to seek ur advice. I am in a fix here as regards buying a MB 200c class or a LX RX330. I love both cars but am finding it difficult to decide. Heard d MB has good fuel economy n d Lexus is a V6. Am scared of V6 heard many stories abt v6. Use ur expertly experience to advice me as regards. Both are 2005 model. Thanks

theres no need advicing you since youre buying on hear say or better put rumour... The Lexus is V6, it consumes fuel like mad duck, its an interference engine so any small timing belt cut na to condem the engine, its a toyota hence its not sporty..... What more? Abeg leave the lexus, no buy am... Another person wey appreciate am go buy am... undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by nurey(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2015
merc C200 1.8L engine while the C200CDI (diesel) is a 2.2L.
the Lexus Rx 330 is a 3.3L engine due to the year you are buying.

the merc is more fuel efficient than the lexus which is expected concerning that the merc in question is an inline 4cylinder engine while the lexus is a powerful V6 engine powered vehicle.

I will not compare them pass this cause to me your query get as it be.
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by mikkhon(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
nurey:
merc C200 1.8L engine while the C200CDI (diesel) is a 2.2L.
the Lexus Rx 330 is a 3.3L engine due to the year you are buying.

the merc is more fuel efficient than the lexus which is expected concerning that the merc in question is an inline 4cylinder engine while the lexus is a powerful V6 engine powered vehicle.

I will not compare them pass this cause to me your query get as it be.

Lol Nurey thanks all d same at least I have an idea of both now. Can u help compare d Benz with 2010 camry LE. I no u know much abt cars. Kindly assist
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by nurey(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
mikkhon:

Lol Nurey thanks all d same at least I have an idea of both now. Can u help compare d Benz with 2010 camry LE. I no u know much abt cars. Kindly assist

every car guru here became so not because we are the best by birth, we attained it by research, what I will like you to do is to just Google search the merc C200 and toyota camry and follow the wikipedia link and read about both cars. in comparison really, the C class should be compared to corolla while E class is almost same size as camry. the camry has a inline 4 cylinder of 2.4L and a V6 of 3.0L according to law of physics, the benz should still be more fuel efficient than the camry but life isn't about fuel efficiency, read what both cars have to offer in terms of function, luxury and efficiency. pick the one that tickles your fancy and go for it

1 Like

Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
nurey:

every car guru here became so not because we are the best by birth, we attained it by research, what I will like you to do is to just Google search the merc C200 and toyota camry and follow the wikipedia link and read about both cars. in comparison really, the C class should be compared to corolla while E class is almost same size as camry. the camry has a inline 4 cylinder of 2.4L and a V6 of 3.0L according to law of physics, the benz should still be more fuel efficient than the camry but life isn't about fuel efficiency, read what both cars have to offer in terms of function, luxury and efficiency. pick the one that tickles your fancy and go for it

in 2010; toyota updated the camry from a 2.4l to a 2.5l i4, the camry had been using the 3.5l v6 since 2007 which was an update from 3.3l v6 smiley

1 Like

Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by nurey(m): 5:31am On Jun 27, 2015
lomomike:

in 2010; toyota updated the camry from a 2.4l to a 2.5l i4, the camry had been using the 3.5l v6 since 2007 which was an update from 3.3l v6 smiley

yes you are right it was a typo error due to distraction
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by chucky234(m): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
nurey:

Naturally the C class compete with Corolla but a C class of same year will make Camry of same year look so empty and dumb.
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by nurey(m): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
chucky234:
Naturally the C class compete with Corolla but a C class of same year will make Camry of same year look so empty and dumb.

yes you are right because the C-class is stated as Executive car, the E-Class is a LUXURY car only the avalon comes close to them.
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by chucky234(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
nurey:

yes you are right because the C-class is stated as Executive car, the E-Class is a LUXURY car only the avalon comes close to them.
Avalon?
Not even close, a base model C class will make Avalon of same year look like an empty vessel.
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 28, 2015
nurey:

c class was and still continues to be an entry level luxury car, while the E class is a midsized luxury executive sedan which competes with a Camry which is a midclass sedan based on body size (in US, the camry is a mass produced fleet car) .
Based on regions, a camry moves up to become classified as a mid sized luxury executive sedan
chucky234:
Avalon?
Not even close, a base model C class will make Avalon of same year look like an empty vessel.

bro i know youve got an aversion for toyota, but stop exaggerating rubbish. Meanwhile, let us not derail this thread whos focus is rx330 vs c200
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by chucky234(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2015
lomomike:
c class was and still continues to be an entry level luxury car, while the E class is a midsized luxury executive sedan which competes with a Camry which is a midclass sedan based on body size (in US, the camry is a mass produced fleet car) .
Based on regions, a camry moves up to become classified as a mid sized luxury executive sedan

bro i know youve got an aversion for toyota, but stop exaggerating rubbish. Meanwhile, let us not derail this thread whos focus is rx330 vs c200
I said it up there that naturally C class being an entry level car competes with a Corolla, don't try to teach me about car category Mr. ITK.
Like I said a base model C class will always make top trim Corolla, Camry and Avalon look empty and dumb and my comparison got nothing to do with category/class but head-to-head comparison.
Toyota fan boys (yourself inclusive ooo) always make mockery of themselves by mentioning Benz and those bland Toyota sedans in same sentence.
Now bring better argument and stop about category, imagine you of all people pitting Camry against E class simply because they're both mid-size sedan, hmmm I'll just reserve my comment.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 28, 2015
chucky234:
I said it up there that naturally C class being an entry level car competes with a Corolla, don't try to teach me about car category Mr. ITK.
Like I said a base model C class will always make top trim Corolla, Camry and Avalon look empty and dumb and my comparison got nothing to do with category/class but head-to-head comparison.
Toyota fan boys (yourself inclusive ooo) always make mockery of themselves by mentioning Benz and those bland Toyota sedans in same sentence.
Now bring better argument and stop about category, imagine you of all people pitting Camry against E class simply because they're both mid-size sedan, hmmm I'll just reserve my comment.

you seem seriously pained that i mentioned a toyota and compare it to the almighty benz.. undecided Chai.... E pain am o.... cheesy grin
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by chucky234(m): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2015
lomomike:

you seem seriously pained that i mentioned a toyota and compare it to the almighty benz.. undecided Chai.... E pain am o.... cheesy grin
hahahaha in short you're banned for comparing a Camry to E class, oya ban yourself now.
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 28, 2015
chucky234:
hahahaha in short you're banned for comparing a Camry to E class, oya ban yourself now.

we ain't Japanese who practice 'Kamikazee' well back to OP's quest....
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by auhanson(m): 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Wonders shall never end, when you see people compare the strip down budgeted Toyota (or the most hated lexus brand rx among lexus enthusiast) to the fully loaded luxury compact size sedan Benz C class or any other Mercedes brand.. Is it the the high grade pan of the benz chassis they are comparing to the bournvitalike pan grade of the chassisless Toyota; or is it the sophisticated 5 independent rods that connect each of the rear wheels of a Mercedes Benz to that of a single miserable rod Toyota or Rx; or is it the superior back axle differential driven mechanism of the Mercedes Benz to the cheap inferior front wheel shaft of the the Toyota or Rx; or is it the everlasting superior loaded engine block of the Benz(with metallic Timing chain) to that of the dilapidated half bake Toyota or Lexus Rx engine with a timing belt(rubber inside engine); or is it the loaded torque,stability control, luxury, driveability, superb handling and aura of the Mercedes Benz, just to mention but a few, to that of the Toyota or Lexus Rx? i tire oh...

There is this funny thing in Nigerian youths:
20-30 years ago it was the Peugeot as if there weren't any other vehicle brand;
10-20 years ago it was the Benz 190;
5- 10 years ago it was the funny Camry aka tiny light as if any other car brand wasn't it:
3-5 years ago it was the highlander and
now it is the half bake Lexus Rx as if there is no other car brand .

Infact, it's like saying that cowbell is a superior milk to peak milk and so on so forth , very funny indeed in their wildest imagination.

Op,google the 2 cars and browse down , understand the two brand , and just pick the one that tickles your fancy most, dnt mind anything any fanatic has to say-you'll be the one to enjoy the car and not any Toyota fanboy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by lonelydora: 3:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
I would have said something but since you have heard a lot about V6 no need to comment.

Run as fast as your legs can carry you from V6, e dey drink fuel. You will spend all your money on fuel.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by chucky234(m): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
lonelydora:
I would have said something but since you have heard a lot about V6 no need to comment.

Run as fast as your legs can carry you from V6, e dey drink fuel. You will spend all your money on fuel.
Another well crafted LIES.
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by Readonee35L(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
chucky234:
Another well crafted LIES.
Dont you get the drift in that statement
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by chucky234(m): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
Readonee35L:
Dont you get the drift in that statement ,
Sarcasm I guess...
Re: Please Help Choose From A Benz C Class 200k Vs Lexus Rx330 by REDDEVILS1(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2016
auhanson:
Wonders shall never end, when you see people compare the strip down budgeted Toyota (or the most hated lexus brand rx among lexus enthusiast) to the fully loaded luxury compact size sedan Benz C class or any other Mercedes brand.. Is it the the high grade pan of the benz chassis they are comparing to the bournvitalike pan grade of the chassisless Toyota; or is it the sophisticated 5 independent rods that connect each of the rear wheels of a Mercedes Benz to that of a single miserable rod Toyota or Rx; or is it the superior back axle differential driven mechanism of the Mercedes Benz to the cheap inferior front wheel shaft of the the Toyota or Rx; or is it the everlasting superior loaded engine block of the Benz(with metallic Timing chain) to that of the dilapidated half bake Toyota or Lexus Rx engine with a timing belt(rubber inside engine); or is it the loaded torque,stability control, luxury, driveability, superb handling and aura of the Mercedes Benz, just to mention but a few, to that of the Toyota or Lexus Rx? i tire oh...

There is this funny thing in Nigerian youths:
20-30 years ago it was the Peugeot as if there weren't any other vehicle brand;
10-20 years ago it was the Benz 190;
5- 10 years ago it was the funny Camry aka tiny light as if any other car brand wasn't it:
3-5 years ago it was the highlander and
now it is the half bake Lexus Rx as if there is no other car brand .

Infact, it's like saying that cowbell is a superior milk to peak milk and so on so forth , very funny indeed in their wildest imagination.

Op,google the 2 cars and browse down , understand the two brand , and just pick the one that tickles your fancy most, dnt mind anything any fanatic has to say-you'll be the one to enjoy the car and not any Toyota fanboy.
Boss abeg no vex. Am abt to buy my first car and I drive alot within the town everyday cos of the nature of my new biz. Cos of the nature of my income and the recent hike in fuel price I was thinking of buying a 1999 camry because of its fuel consumption that is low as advised by friends. But I hv always loved benz products. Someone told me that c class fuel economy is like that of a camry, pls advise me on the make of benz that is of the same fuel consumption with a camry. It will be a burden lifted if there is any. Thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

Can Brainbox Be A Challenge For Poor Gear Transmission / Best Sounding Production Cars(w/pictures) / I Need An Audi Mechanic In Lagos Oh!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.