Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 (3715 Views)

Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? / Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL / ML320 vs ML500 Which is better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by gpsmiles: 4:12pm On May 25, 2016
Am considering buy an SUV but I don't know which one to go for:
Mercedes ML320 2001 and Lexus RX300 2001 model. Kindly advise and share your thoughts.

many thanks to your contribution.
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 25, 2016
Haba! In ijebu we do not compare sleep with death even though they're cousins.

Take cover, the Germans are coming! grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 25, 2016
I really don't know how someone will just wake up one morning and start comparing a German machine with an upgraded camry on 4 high heels.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by diportivo: 3:47am On May 26, 2016
Make i jejely park my armoured keke here

Warriors on both sides will soon start throwing missiles at each other

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On May 26, 2016
M$
diportivo:

cool

guy and you no call me.... (Daris godooo
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by kingreign(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2016
diportivo:

cool
grin grin
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by nurey(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2016
What I observed about both cars

Reliability I will give the lexus

Rugged I will give the benz

Comfortability is a tie, but the ml has a 3rd row option

Fuel economy the lexus has a slight advantage
Both are head turner

Luxury, the lexus has an advantage here

Resale value the lexus wins here

Maintenance the lexus has an edge

Robber magnet lexus nag chairman, in fact the rx300 has displaced the corolla in terms of over night break in.

If I were in your shoes and with all things been equal in both vehicles I will pick the the ml320 lexus may be luxurious but the benz still got it. Besides lexus/toyota are over priced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by kingreign(m): 8:39am On May 26, 2016
Dem don show
dumo1:
I really don't know how someone will just wake up one morning and start comparing a German machine with an upgraded camry on 4 high heels.
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by kingreign(m): 8:40am On May 26, 2016
nurey:

Both are head turner

Robber magnet lexus nag chairman, in fact the rx300 has displaced the corolla in terms of over night break in.

If I were in your shoes and with all things been equal in both vehicles I will pick the the ml320 lexus may be luxurious but the benz still got it. Besides lexus/toyota are over priced.

Another biased reviewer.

Hey Nurey, awfa ya supercharged bajaj keke almera turbo AMG?
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by nurey(m): 8:51am On May 26, 2016
kingreign:

Another biased reviewer.

Hey Nurey, awfa ya supercharged bajaj keke almera turbo AMG?

You have followed me here again, nawa ooo almera has been dashed out in kano. So you want to compare the solidly built engine and informative engine management of the benz to the lexus. I don't care about German machine or not, but the ml wins the lexus in some areas.

But the lexus nah elongated camry pencil nah tongue
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by diportivo: 12:03pm On May 26, 2016
Lifezone247,

This thread is for u

Come and school us

grin
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by lifezone247(m): 1:02pm On May 26, 2016
dumo1:
I wonder too. I use to tell them, there is only two brand of cars in the world, Mercedes-Benz and others.
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by lifezone247(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2016
diportivo:
Lifezone247,

This thread is for u

Come and school us

grin
bro shey you knw that Lexus is a Toyota brand? The Lexus in its name is also known as luxurious. It's Toyota but luxurious brand of Toyota.
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
lifezone247:
I wonder too. I use to tell them, there is only two brand of cars in the world, Mercedes-Benz and others.
Preach on brother I feel you. only if we had experienced mechanics to handle a benz like they do a Toyota and a Honda then everyone would be riding a benz I tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by gpsmiles: 3:51pm On May 26, 2016
nurey:

Both are head turner

Thanks for tips
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by CreativeWeb(m): 4:30pm On May 26, 2016
@gpsmiles, it appears the same spirit possessed both of us lately. I was exactly between two opinions over RX300 and ML320. I consulted a friend who is a guru about car issues, he told me to go for ML320 and thank him later.

I am currently making arrangements to buy the ML320. See picture.

1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by gpsmiles: 5:54pm On May 26, 2016
CreativeWeb:
@gpsmiles, it appears the same spirit possessed both of us lately. I was exactly between two opinions over RX300 and ML320. I consulted a friend who is a guru about car issues, he told me to go for ML320 and thank him later.

I am currently making arrangements to buy the ML320. See picture.

WOW!!!!!
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by kingreign(m): 6:39pm On May 26, 2016
Standing from the point of reliability, luxury, resale value, longevity and ease of maintenance plus fuel economy, I'd pick up an RX300 anytime any day.

I'm saying this in an unbias manner both as an owner and a car technician points of view.
Ask any RX300 owner both in real life and online reviews. Test drive both and also you'd see why the lexus 300 is more expensive and more sort after both in US and in Nigeria.
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2016
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by ataspray(m): 10:08pm On May 26, 2016
here is my contribution
on cartalk here, there is a thread on a knocked rx300 engine
cannot find a thread on a knocked ml320 engine

bye.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by kingreign(m): 11:16pm On May 26, 2016
ataspray:
here is my contribution
on cartalk here, there is a thread on a knocked rx300 engine
cannot find a thread on a knocked ml320 engine

bye.

Wrong basis for deciding a better car. Totally wrong basis. A vehicle with with poor maintenance culture can experience same knocked engine. A car with bad cats can damage the engine when driven anyhow. Anything can destroy an engine, even water can hydrolock an engine and break it. These factors are owners/maintenance factors.

Well, you may have not seen a knocked ML320 engine, but I've dropped Mercedes engines down and an ML is amongst them.

QED.
Re: Mercedes-benz ML320 Vs Lexus RX300 by Danfuster(m): 11:22pm On May 26, 2016
[i][ benz had my total respect the day my dad drove his E420 from Abeokuta to Asaba in emergency mode, he was still doing 100/120kmh before he ripped the engine @ Isele-Asagba through the bottom when he overshoot the rpm cos it was getting dark and it was his first time routing Asaba.

My point is...Can a Lexus handle that?.

Now the benz is an E430 cos he replaced it with a 16plug engine. See picture below.
/i]

(1) (Reply)

Reliability Of VOLVO XC 90 / Rx330 Problems / Honda’s Bad Wheels Doesn’t Occur Only In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.