Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations (3194 Views)

10 Technology That May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / Prof. Tyoden Plans To Make Plateau State’s Economy IT Driven / A Project On Pneumatics Driven Soap Cutting Machine: Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
Developed countries spend billions of dollars every year on research and development of new technologies to make our lives easier.
Scientific research has become an integral part of a nation's economic stability. We present the Top 10 List of the world's most technologically oriented nations.

1. Finland
Finland is most technologically-oriented country in the world.
Well known for high-technology projects and healthcare facilities, Finland ranks as the best country in the world in the 2010 Newsweek survey in terms of health, economic dynamism, education, political environment and quality of life.
Finland has a highly industrialised mixed economy with a per capita output equal to that of other European economies such as France, Germany, Belgium or the UK

2. USA
The United States has been a leader in scientific research and technological innovation since the late 19th century.
Alexander Graham Bell won the first US patent for the telephone in 1876. America holds the credit for some of the major inventions like the long-lasting light bulb, and the first viable movie camera, alternating current, the AC motor, and radio.
The government has invested in scientific research and technological development leading to major breakthroughs in spaceflight, computing, and biotechnology. It also has the world's highest number of scientific research papers.Developed countries spend billions of dollars every year on research and development of new technologies to make our lives easier.
Scientific research has become an integral part of a nation's economic stability. We present the Top 10 List of the world's most technologically oriented nations.

3. Japan
Japan is known for its prowess in consumer electronics, robotics and the automotive industry.
Japan is one of the leading nations in the fields of scientific research, technology, machinery and medical research. It has world's third largest budget for research and development at $130 billion and over 677,731 researchers.
Japan also holds the distinction of receiving the maximum number of science Nobel prizes in Asia. Japan has more than half of the world's industrial robots used in the manufacturing sector.

4. Sweden
A research powerhouse, Sweden allocates about four per cent of GDP to research and development (R&grin).
Sweden tops European comparative statistics both in terms of research investments as a percentage of GDP and in the number of published scientific works per capita.

5. Republic of Korea
Korea shines in the field of electronics, automobiles, ships, machinery, petrochemicals and robotics.
The world's second walking human robot-HUBO was made in Korea. Korea plans to have a robot in every house.
The broadband speed is unparalleled, almost 3 times than that of United States.

6. The Netherlands
The Netherlands has a highly developed electrotechnical industry that manufactures computers, telecommunication systems, electronic measurement and control equipment, electric switching gear and transformers, and medical and scientific instruments.
Dutch firms play a major role in the European Space Agency. The Netherlands has made significant strides with inventions like the artificial kidney, compact disc, microscope, pendulum clock and telescope.

7. United Kingdom
The world's sixth largest economy by nominal GDP and eighth largest economy by purchasing power parity plays an important role.
The world's first industrialised country has to its credit the discovery of hydrogen, invention of locomotive engine, jet engine, World Wide Web, incandescent light-bulb; world's first working television, electric motor, and commercial electrical telegraph.

8. Singapore
Singapore has been ranked amongst the world's ten most open competitive and innovative nations.
One of the most business-friendly economies, it has a S$1.35 billion Industry Alignment Fund to help Singapore become an innovation driven and knowledge-based economy.
The fund will be used for public and private-sector projects in research and development.

9. Canada
Canada has a highly developed technology sector. The government allocates 1.8 per cent of its GDP for research and development.
The Science, Technology and Innovation Council was launched in May 2007 to improve quality of life for Canadians through science and technology.
Canada is investing heavily in science and technology to create more jobs and build a stronger economy.

10. Australia
Australia is the world's thirteenth largest economy.
It scores high in human development, quality of life, health care, life expectancy, public education and economic freedom.
The main focus of research and development is on information and communications, biotechnology and manufacturing.
Australia's strength lies in the areas of astronomical and space sciences.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/money/slide-show/slide-show-1-tech-worlds-top-10-technology-driven-nations/20110331.htm
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 26, 2015
What about Nigeria

We are busy watching wrestling at NASS.

I am just looking.
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
What about Nigeria

We are busy watching wrestling at NASS.

I am just looking.
If not crude oil, i wonder what would be of Nigeria. We definitely can't boast of anything.
What annoys me most is that we have the brains here in Nigeria but they are wasting in oil companies.
And this companies make them think they are practicing engineering whereas i call it ENGINE NEARING

1 Like

Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 26, 2015
offspec:

If not crude oil, i wonder what would be of Nigeria. We definitely can't boast of anything.
What annoys me most is that we have the brains here in Nigeria but they are wasting in oil companies.
Don't mind them!
Most Nigerian youths are actually selfish and lazy. They expect the government to do everything for them. They have forgotten that the government does not have time.

There is an adage that says, he who has no one to help him, should face his business squarely. But trust Nigerian youths to ignore this and wallow in suffering while blaming some 72 year old guy who has built them castles in the air.

Nigerian youths are intelligent. But they would rather use those brains to double and triple date, scam, cheat, steal, smuggle, and all sort of rubbish.

The morons will see an inspirational story about a fellow Nigerian youth that has made their mark. And the next thing would be to start claiming tribe, or giving excuses that that person was based abroad. Honestly! It frustrates me to see young minds who should be pushing forwarded the economy . . . insulting, exhibiting tribal bigotry . . . shouting that they want war and that they are ready to give their life for secession! What foolishness. Don't they have better things ti do with their lives? That offering it in a violent secession is the next step?

We really need to start thinking straight in Nigeria. We cannot succumb to the crabs-in-bucket situation. We should learn to work with each other despite differences. We should learn to help, we should learn to give and not take. We should learn to pull ourselves up. We should learn to be bright examples for either west African tribes.

Only then . . . can we become developed. angry

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 26, 2015
chai................................why not naija?
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Blakjewelry(m): 1:55am On Jun 26, 2015
Nigeria is not a tech nation, we are more of art oriented nation. my solution is I think we should form a science group where people with special interest could work together to a specific end. take for instance a person with an idea without the required skill can present the idea to the group and work with those with the required skill to perfect the idea.
I will give you an example, I was considering an app that can predict the female ovulation circle, by giving time warning on ovulation and menstrual date. now I have worked out the basic parameters, my plan was to use either one or Two methods .but the problem is I don't have programming skill,andi have nurse this plan for like two years now I got to hear it is coming out soon

1 Like

Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Nigeria is not a tech nation, we are more of art oriented nation. my solution is I think we should form a science group where people with special interest could work together to a specific end. take for instance a person with an idea without the required skill can present the idea to the group and work with those with the required skill to perfect the idea.
I will give you an example, I was considering an app that can predict the female ovulation circle, by giving time warning on ovulation and menstrual date. now I have worked out the basic parameters, my plan was to use either one or Two methods .but the problem is I don't have programming skill,andi have nurse this plan for like two years now I got to hear it is coming out soon
sire, what about the science chatroom?
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Blakjewelry(m): 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
sire, what about the science chatroom?
the chatroom is broad and does not identify people with specific skill set. what I have in mind is something like e-lab where people can discuss,theorize,show their scientific work,working independently and seeking advice where necessary or pick people with specific skill set and working on a project, I was even thinking about a voluntarily contributions wallet to finance scientific projet. I have already perfect plan for such platform before my laptop crashed totally.
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
Blakjewelry:

the chatroom is broad and does not identify people with specific skill set. what I have in mind is something like e-lab where people can discuss,theorize,show their scientific work,working independently and seeking advice where necessary or pick people with specific skill set and working on a project, I was even thinking about a voluntarily contributions wallet to finance scientific projet. I have already perfect plan for such platform before my laptop crashed totally.
well, do you intend to dis this on naira land? Or would you rather a unique website?

BTW, a similar thing happened to me, I was about to create something truly wonderful . . . and my laptop crashed totally.
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Queed: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
Don't mind them!
Most Nigerian youths are actually selfish and lazy. They expect the government to do everything for them. They have forgotten that the government does not have time.

There is an adage that says, he who has no one to help him, should face his business squarely. But trust Nigerian youths to ignore this and wallow in suffering while blaming some 72 year old guy who has built them castles in the air.

Nigerian youths are intelligent. But they would rather use those brains to double and triple date, scam, cheat, steal, smuggle, and all sort of rubbish.

The morons will see an inspirational story about a fellow Nigerian youth that has made their mark. And the next thing would be to start claiming tribe, or giving excuses that that person was based abroad. Honestly! It frustrates me to see young minds who should be pushing forwarded the economy . . . insulting, exhibiting tribal bigotry . . . shouting that they want war and that they are ready to give their life for secession! What foolishness. Don't they have better things ti do with their lives? That offering it in a violent secession is the next step?

We really need to start thinking straight in Nigeria. We cannot succumb to the crabs-in-bucket situation. We should learn to work with each other despite differences. We should learn to help, we should learn to give and not take. We should learn to pull ourselves up. We should learn to be bright examples for either west African tribes.

Only then . . . can we become developed. angry

Well said bro, I get your points and I also feel your pain becose I have got this deep part of me in science/tech too. But we still need government backup, scientists from those countries mentioned had and are still having full support from their government. Our government care less about science/tech. they still see it as 'oyinbo magic/juju', they believe ours is to dance around in rags (fu.ckin called masquerade). Until they change this prospective, am afraid we might not get there too soo

btw,,, Op, why is germany not on the list
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Queed:

Well said bro, I get your points and I also feel your pain becose I have got this deep part of me in science/tech too. But we still need government backup, scientists from those countries mentioned had and are still having full support of their government. Our government care less about science/tech. they still see it as 'oyinbo magic/juju', they believe ours is to dance around in rags (fu.ckin called masquerade). Until they change this prospective, am afraid we might not get there too soo

btw,,, Op, why is germany not on the list
There was a time in the world! When inventions were never funded by the government.

It still remains truth that, where there is a will, there is a way. Once the perseverance is high enough, there is nothing we cannot do.

By the way, who said all scientific achievements require money? It costs absolutely nothing to prove a mathematical equation. undecided there was the Indian guy that postulated over 3000 mathematical concepts. He was so poor . . . he often starved.
There are always ways to source for funds, trust me. We just need the will first.

1 Like

Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Blakjewelry(m): 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
well, do you intend to dis this on naira land? Or would you rather a unique website?

BTW, a similar thing happened to me, I was about to create something truly wonderful . . . and my laptop crashed totally.
it will have to be a new site, but my only worries it might not get the needed attention because most science oriented students in Nigeria do not go into science field of their love for knowledge but because they believe engineering is a high paying job.
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
Blakjewelry:

it will have to be a new site, but my only worries it might not get the needed attention because most science oriented students in Nigeria do not go into science field of their love for knowledge but because they believe engineering is a high paying job.
Don't worry. Post the link in the science chatroom whenever you are ready and mention me. I will convince them smiley smiley
Re: World's Top 10 Technology Driven Nations by Blakjewelry(m): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
Don't worry. Post the link in the science chatroom whenever you are ready and mention me. I will convince them smiley smiley
OK, but that will when I get a new system

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank NIN Linking Code / List Of Nigerian Banks USSD Codes To Transfer Money / Why Are There More Men Than Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.