Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

APC Crisis: Way Forward ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Way Forward ? (2619 Views)

Say No To Tribal Crisis , Way Forward / Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum / APC Crisis: Why Tinubu Unleashed His Bloggers Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by patrickmuf(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2015
cold:
Funny how omenka,passingshot and gbawe,the three musketeers leading the APC charge on NL have suddenly fizzled out like a candle that has run out of wax since the Nass crisis broke out. It is at a time like this you'll read retorts like 'listen,i have a life outside nairaland' or some other feeble defence they can muster..sigh
Grow up...
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2015
Something tells me Saraki just made the biggest mistake of his political career. The man is politically finished!

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
Jorussia:
.For me,there is only one way forward for APC,and that is to expel saraki and his men.Tambuwal did rebellion against his party, but he was wise enough not to interfere in party's choices for the remaining principal officers.Not many people here, remember that majority of PDP members rejected akande as the majority leader.It took several months of appealing from tambuwal to his fellow PDP members, before they finally accepted her as their leader. Majority leader is a diehard party man and ndume does not fit into this quality. Most people here,may not also remember, that ndume was the minority leader of the 6th house of reps,ndume decamped to the PDP. No reasonable party will allow those positions to be filled by the senate president.In the 7th senate,the PDP zoned the position of the deputy Senate leader to d North East.This same Ndume was interested in position, but by the time the leadership of PDP forwarded names to the Senate, They gave the position to Abdul ningi(bauchi),because they couldn't take the risk of making SB whose loyalty is questionable as deputy senate leader. I am not a fan of tinubu,because I have some reservations about his character. The APC will lose nothing if saraki and dogara are expelled from the party.The worst that will happen to APC will be that kwara governor will follow his boss.It is better,for APC to be in minority in the Senate, than be majority with disloyal members.

Expel? NO!

I think they should reconcile their differences instead of fragmenting the party further.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by cold(m): 11:56am On Jun 26, 2015
omenka:
One says they would refrain from using curse words on this forum but foolish kids like you make it more and more difficult to keep that pledge. How the fvck has the rubbish you just typed addressed the issue raised by the op?? If you are so mentally handicapped to comment on the topic itself why couldn't you just read comments and bounce? Must you show the world how daft you are waving your foolishness like it were some priceless medal of valour??

Before the election someone, a PDP supporter, given their imaginary confidence in the outcome of the poll, created a thread and the topic mentioned the names of the most ardent supporters of GMB and asked what we would do when the General loses again. Most of us said regardless of the outcome, we don't see ourselves as active on the forum as we were anymore. Our activity was largely due to the fact we were in the campaign season and had to back our man. He contested and won. Now the rest if history.

Now, how difficult is that for you to handle??

Abeg, face your front and reserve your jaundiced personal opinion to claptraps like yourself.

Such annoying piece of sea urchin.
Tired noise son..soured grapes. Like i said earlier,you and your ilk will definitely come up with some feeble defence to explain away your absence without leave. I was spot on! No need trying so hard kid,i see through your shenanigans. You'll have to do better than throwing tantrums like a toddler who had his candy taken away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 11:57am On Jun 26, 2015
francizy:

Which other way other than to watch them display their madness while we plot our revolution?

My brother, I do not think plotting anything at this moment is productive.

Nigeria needs to move forward, this fighting and fracas could slow down our dreams, the wicked and selfish cabal would be rejoicing already. undecided

I am a full supporter of GEJ but I think Nigeria interest comes first over any party ambition.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by francizy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:

My brother, I do not think plotting anything at this moment is productive.

Nigeria needs to move forward, this fighting and fracas could slow down our dreams, the wicked and selfish cabal would be rejoicing already. undecided

I am a full supporter of GEJ but I think Nigeria interest comes first over any party ambition.

By plotting, I mean, #occupying their wardrobes.. angry
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
APC is the present opposition party in the NASS and there is no end in sight to this development.

This is a lesson for a political system of winner takes all.

Nigeria will be better with parliamentary system of government.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
APC is the present opposition party in the NASS and there is no end in sight to this development.

Nigeria will be better with [b]parliamentary system of government.
[/b]

I tend to agree with you on the parliamentary system to be re-introduced back in Nigeria.

Nigeria practiced parliamentary system of government in the First Republic between 1960 and 1966.

While in a parliamentary system, the executive and the legislature are fused, with an executive Prime Minister chosen from within the legislature usually the head of the ruling political party or the heads the ruling coalition.

However, for the currently running Presidential system of government and the current challenges, what do you feel could be the approach to get-out of this situation ?
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Wildrage: 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
The political space needs serious fulmigation and most political actors addicted to belligerence needs detoxification. The preceding year and months leading to the last election were made volatile by political actors and their supporters, what we are witnessing now is a natural spill over of the intolerance of that period. Like in war situation, most retiring combatants are debriefed and re orientate from their state of mental warfare to that of peaceful co-existence. APC politicians need to urgently switch back from that mental state of guerrilla warfare now that the "war" is won, otherwise the sharing of the spoils of war will remain acrimonious and the attainment of the objectives that sent them to the trenches will remain elusive. Unless the spoil is the main objective

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Wildrage: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:

I tend to agree with you on the parliamentary system to be re-introduced back in Nigeria.

Nigeria practiced parliamentary system of government in the First Republic between 1960 and 1966.

While in a parliamentary system, the executive and the legislature are fused, with an executive Prime Minister chosen from within the legislature usually the head of the ruling political party or the heads the ruling coalition.

However, for the currently running Presidential system of government and the current challenges, what do you feel could be the approach to get-out of this situation ?

Hahahahahaha with parliamentary system, Nigeria would have a new prime Minister every other week
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wildrage:

Hahahahahaha with parliamentary system, Nigeria would have a new prime Minister every other week

cheesy
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wildrage:

Even Japan had 5 Prime ministers in 6 years.

That's not a problem, competence will prevail in the long run.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Wildrage: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Even Japan had 5 Prime ministers in 6 years.

That's not a problem, competence will prevail in the long run.

Japan has strong institutions that can sustain the incessant transitions and they do not contend with the fault-lines of tribal and religious sentiments that has kept us in doldrums since amalgamation
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wildrage:

Japan has strong institutions that can sustain the incessant transitions and they do not contend with the fault-lines of tribal and religious sentiments that has kept us in doldrums since amalgamation

Since the establishment of State of Israel, only one government was able to complete its tenure.

Remember, Israel became a country in 1948 and has fought many wars.

Today, she's a developed country notwithstanding her Arab, Settlers, Jewish and Bedoiun populations.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by OAM4J: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Please I beg to differ based on prevailing developments after APC won the 2015 general election.

Without nPDP joining APC, APC would still be minority and still lost the presidency.

See what a shame and ridicule the leadership of APC has put Rotimi Amaechi through that he is now being referred to Judas of Ubima.

After winning 2015 general elections, ACN and CPC decided to marginalised nPDP in sharing the elective posts and political offices while demonizing the nPDP as corrupt elements of previous administration.

Upon sensing this ugly development, the nPDP has regrouped with the help of PDP to teach former ACN, ANPP and CPC the bitter lessons of their lives.

This present development has degenerated to the extent that nPDP will stop at nothing in ridiculing Oyegun,Tinubu and Buhari for neglecting the contributions of new PDP to their victory in last elections.

Does that nPDP include Kwankaso and Amaechi who are not in support of Saraki?

This is just Saraki and Atiku rebellion. APC can do without them for now.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by onatisi(m): 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
The way forward is to let the senate decide what it wants . Apc should retreat and allow the senators and saraki to solve their problems.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by OAM4J: 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Nigeria will be better with parliamentary system of government.

That is the reality I want APC to formally accept. There is no point claiming a majority that is out of your control.

Let Saraki and his supporters form majority with PDP and allow those who are loyal and disciplined member of the party be in the minority while APC and Buhari focus on delivering their campaign promises.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
OAM4J:

Does that nPDP include Kwankaso and Amaechi who are not in support of Saraki?

This is just Saraki and Atiku rebellion. APC can do without them for now.

Kwankwaso and Amaechi may not be for Saraki but indifferent and definitely for Akitu Abubakar who is the architect of the coup.

APC members with Saraki in the Senate is more than pro Akume hence the widely support for zonal caucuses against party directive.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by raumdeuter: 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
Who is a Majority leader? He is a leader of the ruling party senators in the house. How can you be a majority leader when you dont enjoy the support of most of your party members

OAM4J:

That is the reality I want APC to formally accept. There is no point claiming a majority that is out of your control.
Let Saraki and his supporters form majority with PDP and allow those who are loyal and disciplined member of the party be in the minority while APC and Buhari focus on delivering their campaign promises.

I am against this slightly. If those senators or members dont want to follow the APC national authority then they should leave the party or be expelled.

If Saraki wants to form majority with his PDP friends then no problem, but leave the APC and go form your own govt.

I dont have a problem being the minority with APC as long as the core of the party remains core like GMB, Tinubu, Oyegun, El Rufai, AKume, Ngige and those who started the party.

We needed those PDP defectors to win at the center, they are not needed anymore, elections is 4yrs away before then lets see what they would amount to

APC should close ranks with the governors and let expel the erring Senators.

APC should come out with a statement that they fully support PMB for 2015 and 2019 (So that all the pro-Atiku 2019 senators would be put on the spot) and expel all dissidents

E.g in Kwara state 2019. Lets see under which Party Saraki would run. WHen the APC refuse to give him the ticket and the governor has exhausted his 2 terms. Let him go back to PDP and test his popularity
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Wildrage: 3:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Since the establishment of State of Israel, only one government was able to complete its tenure.

Remember, Israel became a country in 1948 and has fought many wars.

Today, she's a developed country notwithstanding her Arab, Settlers, Jewish and Bedoiun populations.

The population of Arabs settlers and Bedoiun in Israel are quite negligible and totally dissimilar to the tribal and religious mix in Nigeria. Israel , to a large extent is a homogeneous society and the issues that drives their politics are not as divisive as we have in Nigeria. There is nothing like power shift/rotation due to fear of political/economic domination by any region. There has never been any military incursion so the democratic culture has been nurtured since they became a nation state
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wildrage:

The population of Arabs settlers and Bedoiun in Israel are quite negligible and totally dissimilar to the tribal and religious mix in Nigeria. Israel , to a large extent is a homogeneous society and the issues that drives their politics are not as divisive as we have in Nigeria. There is nothing like power shift/rotation due to fear of political/economic domination by any region. There has never been any military incursion so the democratic culture has been nurtured since they became a nation state

In parliamentary system of government as it relates to tribes in Nigeria, what matters are Hausas, Igbos and Yorubas, every other tribe/group can build alliance and fall behind them thereby narrowing our diverse differences to only three groups hence parliamentary system of government is advisable.

On this premise, each block can even have 3 political parties and are free to form alliances each even across the bridges.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Wildrage: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

In parliamentary system of government as it relates to tribes in Nigeria, what matters are Hausas, Igbos and Yorubas, every other tribe can build alliance and fall behind them thereby narrowing our diverse differences to only three groups hence parliamentary system of government is advisable.

With the manipulated census figure as we have it now, you can be sure that the North would forever produce the prime minister or determine who emerges as one and without the constitutional impediment of states 2/3. It was easier to practice in the first republic because we had regions instead of states and an alliance between two regions was needed to form the govt at the centre. With Zik and Awo forming an alliance in the 60s , wresting the power from the North was a very bright prospect until NPC sourced an over ambitious Akintola and rigged the election in the western region. That was what led to the collapse of the first republic. The North will never accept an arrangement that gives the other major/minor tribes equal opportunity/access to power
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by laudate: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Something tells me Saraki just made the biggest mistake of his political career. The man is politically finished!

In what way? shocked shocked Pray, do tell.... undecided
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
APC is a disgrace to democracy

A party that benefited from the grace of PDP to put the country first and accept defeat can not even accept the fate of House of Reps election which for all intents and purposes produced an APC speaker.

Nigeria has clearly passed this level that APC are trying to drag us back to!

APC should calm down and start the business of Governance.

In America Presidents get to find ways to govern even when the opposite party control the legislature. But somehow APC can not tolerate fellow APC leadership in the NASS that they don't agree with.

So much for democracy/progress/change!
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by ideology(m): 4:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
The way forward, anything bulld on illegality wil not stand, saraki should step down, every member should have a right to vote,for their senate president, or if saraki should be allow, he should as well accept d party nominees, for peace to reign,
party's nomination is legal abi. Saraki was duly voted in even Tinubu and APC knows that
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by ideology(m): 4:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by ideology(m): 4:22am On Jun 27, 2015
Firefire:
Your opinion(s) required,

Cc:

Tinubu needs to learn from obj how he has managed his relationship with the North and how he keeps to his words, and how he tries not to have the final say all the time, else. APC is going down.

WARS TO COME -2019
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by ideology(m): 4:28am On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
His nomination can't hold.
Show me constitutional that the party is meant to anoint principal officers.

Meanwhile read up senate standing orders, chapter 6, Rules 28, 29 &31.

Nigerians voted change abi.

This is change, where an individual or groups of individuals will no longer decide who is who

Nigeria belongs to everyone and nobody

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Jesusloveyou: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2015
ideology:
party's nomination is legal abi. Saraki was duly voted in even Tinubu and APC knows that
saraki duly elected? Wonders shall never end

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Speedy Action On Re-establishment Nigeria Airways / The Hypocrisy Of "One Nigeria" / I Miss Fashola. Fashola Appreciation Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.