Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

APC Crisis: Way Forward ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Way Forward ? (2609 Views)

Say No To Tribal Crisis , Way Forward / Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum / APC Crisis: Why Tinubu Unleashed His Bloggers Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 9:25am On Jun 26, 2015
In all this matter, Nigerians are the ones at the receiving end.

We expressed our fears when APC was congregated, you cannot import all known criminals and labeled them ‘Progressive’ just because you wanted to take-over power by all means.

You labeled PDP evil, corrupt and useless, yet you imported and glorified the decamping members into your folds, with incessant testimonies after every defection.

“There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone”. (Sylvester Stallone); when the then ACN supported and takes glory in denying the then party in government (PDP) its internal arrangement which favors Hon. Mulikat Akande from Ogbomoso, by given the speakership position to another dissident, Hon. Tambuwal, I expect APC to know that what goes around comes around.

There are many things wrong with the APC government.

However, I pray the government succeed so that Nigeria and Nigerians would be delivered from the selfish cabals.

At this juncture, what do you feel could be the way forward on this present crisis rocking Nigeria political landscape?

What are your thoughts?

Please be fair in your response without been biased.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2015
The way forward is for nigerians to stand up and fight for what they deserve
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2015
Your opinion(s) required,

Cc:

francizy, ideology, pazienza, SeverusSnape, dein77, Louislewis, agabaI23, sleekp1, ceo4eva, gunuvi, Mogidi, VICTORCIZA, Truckpusher, barcanista, cleverly, egift, omenka, beremx, et al.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 26, 2015
Personally, Saraki should not be allowed to manipulate the names of the party nominees for the principal positions. Instead he should allow the members elect their leaders. This is the most acceptable thing.

The APC has to must do a soul searching and redefine what it stand for.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Mogidi: 9:46am On Jun 26, 2015
The only way forward here is for APC to let NASS appoint their own officers, the other option is for Buhari to take leadership role in bringing aggrieved parties to the table, seems Buhari is not interested in that option.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Jamean(f): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Luedave:
The way forward is for nigerians to stand up and fight for what they deserve

Stand up to fight? I thought that was what Nigerians did by shouting change and voting APC forgetting that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

APC we are waiting, put your house in order and perform.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
Personally, Saraki should not be allowed to manipulate the names of the party nominees for the principal positions. Instead he should allow the members elect their leaders. This is the most acceptable thing.

I sense conflict of interest in Saraki's game, after having won against the party choice, he should have allowed the party next nomination to be effected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by p1jiobi: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2015
The way forwarD is: those boxers currently serving as legislators should immediately sign u with d nig. Boxing federation to represent nigeria in d 2016 olympics boxing event.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 10:11am On Jun 26, 2015
Mogidi:
The only way forward here is for APC to let NASS appoint their own officers, the other option is for Buhari to take leadership role in bringing aggrieved parties to the table, seems Buhari is not interested in that option.

APC allowing NASS to elected her own officers could be counterproductive, I believe at this point the party's choice should prevail having failed to abide with the party's choice at the initial stage.

To me I see it as a check and balance thing.

What do you feel ?

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:

I sense conflict of interest in Saraki's game, after having won against the party choice, he should have allowed the party next nomination to be effected.
Saraki assumes that the four principal offices are to be appointed by the presiding officer. He doesn't know how stuff work. Let him destroy himself abeg

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Mogidi: 10:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:

APC allowing NASS to elected her own officers could be counterproductive, I believe at this point the party's choice should prevail having failed to abide with the party's choice at the initial stage.

To me I see it as a check and balance thing.

What do you feel ?

I think this is a master stroke by Saraki and Dogara, you don't allow those who meant you harm to appoint your principal officers.
Am in support of what Saraki did to protect his position, he needs trusted people from his camp. Agreeing to the party's candidates is akin to sitting on a timebomb.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 10:18am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
Saraki assumes that the four principal offices are to be appointed by the presiding officer. He doesn't know how stuff work. Let him destroy himself abeg

And what do you think could be the way forward since the principal officers has been named already ?
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:

And what do you think could be the way forward since the principal officers has been named already ?
His nomination can't hold.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by omenka(m): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2015
Here's my opinion firefire:

It is better for Buhari and APC to retain the support of the generality of the electorates and damn the consequences of losing Saraki, Dogara et al.

The Governors, who happen to be the next major power brokers after the president, are all in agreement with the principle of party supremacy which is where the presidency and the party is leaning towards. Jonathan's case got worse because he lost the loyalty of PDP governors. They have far greater control over the electorates than the president and assembly members.

These guys (assembly members) are just flexing biceps because elections are still somewhat far off but they would never notice the passage of time as they bask in the euphoria presently going on in NASS.

When the time comes for a return to the
chambers, the governors would still be the ones
in control of the party delegates and we would
have the same recalcitrant congressmen come
grovelling at their feet for support. That is when
the party would take its own pound of flesh if
they chose to remain in the party or the party
allows them to stay. Should they decamp, the
same power tussle as is being witnessed now
would consume all of them. The old guard in
PDP wouldn't wanna relinquish power to the
new comers from APC, moreso because they've
learnt a thing or two about betrayal.

Buhari simply needs to concentrate on delivering on his promises, find a way of doing so without recourse to the National Assembly because what they would want to do should any matter be presented before them from the executive is not to grant ascent to it as a way of punishment irrespective of its benefit to the people, and retain the loyalty of the party and her governors, and mend whatever damages exists between him and Tinubu.

Can he find a way to do these, he's sure gonna write his name in gold in the history books of the country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by dunkem21(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:

See JAMB question ..

..waiting for the reply, though I know that there is no answer to it.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by dunkem21(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
His nomination can't hold.

Boss, what can be done to quash the nominations and the nominees? ..

For me, I think the milk is already split.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Jorussia(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2015
.For me,there is only one way forward for APC,and that is to expel saraki and his men.Tambuwal did rebellion against his party, but he was wise enough not to interfere in party's choices for the remaining principal officers.Not many people here, remember that majority of PDP members rejected akande as the majority leader.It took several months of appealing from tambuwal to his fellow PDP members, before they finally accepted her as their leader. Majority leader is a diehard party man and ndume does not fit into this quality. Most people here,may not also remember, that ndume was the minority leader of the 6th house of reps,ndume decamped to the PDP. No reasonable party will allow those positions to be filled by the senate president.In the 7th senate,the PDP zoned the position of the deputy Senate leader to d North East.This same Ndume was interested in position, but by the time the leadership of PDP forwarded names to the Senate, They gave the position to Abdul ningi(bauchi),because they couldn't take the risk of making SB whose loyalty is questionable as deputy senate leader. I am not a fan of tinubu,because I have some reservations about his character. The APC will lose nothing if saraki and dogara are expelled from the party.The worst that will happen to APC will be that kwara governor will follow his boss.It is better,for APC to be in minority in the Senate, than be majority with disloyal members.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Jorussia(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2015
dunkem21:

Those four positions are decided by the party,the party has stated who they want for those positions, and there is nothing saraki can do about that.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2015
dunkem21:

The positions are very partisan and sensitive and once majority of the party reject them, they won't be able to work. Who will the chief whip discipline when he already is an erring member? Who will the "majority leader" lead when the majority don't see him as their leader? So you see that it will lead to chaotic situation

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by cold(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2015
Funny how omenka,passingshot and gbawe,the three musketeers leading the APC charge on NL have suddenly fizzled out like a candle that has run out of wax since the Nass crisis broke out. It is at a time like this you'll read retorts like 'listen,i have a life outside nairaland' or some other feeble defence they can muster..sigh

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Jesusloveyou: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2015
The way forward, anything bulld on illegality wil not stand, saraki should step down, every member should have a right to vote,for their senate president, or if saraki should be allow, he should as well accept d party nominees, for peace to reign,

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by dunkem21(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
The positions are very partisan and sensitive and once majority of the party reject them, they won't be able to work. Who will the chief whip discipline when he already is an erring member? Who will the "majority leader" lead when the majority don't see him as their leader? So you see that it will lead to chaotic situation

I have watched the political space enough to know that once someone is s(elected), it becomes difficult to reverse those decisions.

What happens if Saraki defies his party, remains adamant and insists on working with his men?
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2015
Jamean:

Stand up to fight? I thought that was what Nigerians did by shouting change and voting APC forgetting that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

APC we are waiting, put your house in order and perform.
they stood up to vote. now we have to fight for the change to change
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2015
dunkem21:

I have watched the political space enough to know that once someone is s(elected), it becomes difficult to reverse those decisions.

What happens if Saraki defies his party, remains adamant and insists on working with his men?
That is what I am saying. If the majority of APC Senators insist on the party nomination, we won't have any business proceeding in the Senate as the Saraki candidate will be leading himself in vacuum. What is the use of majority leader when the majority members of the Senate and the Party don't see you as leader? What is the use of Chief Whip when you are seen as an impostor by both the party and your colleagues in the Senate?
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Jesusloveyou: 10:55am On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:

d simple way is to change those names to party nominees

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2015
cold:
Funny how omenka,passingshot and gbawe,the three musketeers leading the APC charge on NL have suddenly fizzled out like a candle that has run out of wax since the Nass crisis broke out. It is at a time like this you'll read retorts like 'listen,i have a life outside nairaland' or some other feeble defence they can muster..sigh

Bro, it's a very daunting task to always defend illegality.

Their new role isn't enviable at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by omenka(m): 11:04am On Jun 26, 2015
cold:
One says they would refrain from using curse words on this forum but foolish kids like you make it more and more difficult to keep that pledge. How the fvck has the rubbish you just typed addressed the issue raised by the op?? If you are so mentally handicapped to comment on the topic itself why couldn't you just read comments and bounce? Must you show the world how daft you are waving your foolishness like it were some priceless medal of valour??

Before the election someone, a PDP supporter, given their imaginary confidence in the outcome of the poll, created a thread and the topic mentioned the names of the most ardent supporters of GMB and asked what we would do when the General loses again. Most of us said regardless of the outcome, we don't see ourselves as active on the forum as we were anymore. Our activity was largely due to the fact we were in the campaign season and had to back our man. He contested and won. Now the rest if history.

Now, how difficult is that for you to handle??

Abeg, face your front and reserve your jaundiced personal opinion to claptraps like yourself.

Such annoying piece of sea urchin.

4 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:

You can't say redefine when they have never defined what they stand for !

They need to define what they stand for cos I am yet to know their plan for Nigeria

Would Buhari have won election anywhere else in the world? Both at party level and national level?

His election represents everything wrong about Nigeria and all those who voted Buhari needs to do some soul searching.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by francizy(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2015
Firefire:
Your opinion(s) required,

Cc:

francizy, ideology, pazienza, SeverusSnape, dein77, Louislewis, agabaI23, sleekp1, ceo4eva, gunuvi, Mogidi, VICTORCIZA, Truckpusher, barcanista, cleverly, egift, omenka, beremx, et al.

Which other way other than to watch them display their madness while we plot our revolution?
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:40am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:

Please I beg to differ based on prevailing developments after APC won the 2015 general election.

Without nPDP joining APC, APC would still be minority and still lost the presidency.

See what a shame and ridicule the leadership of APC has put Rotimi Amaechi through that he is now being referred to Judas of Ubima.

After winning 2015 general elections, ACN and CPC decided to marginalised nPDP in sharing the elective posts and political offices while demonizing the nPDP as corrupt elements of previous administration.

Upon sensing this ugly development, the nPDP has regrouped with the help of PDP to teach former ACN, ANPP and CPC the bitter lessons of their lives.

This present development has degenerated to the extent that nPDP will stop at nothing in ridiculing Oyegun,Tinubu and Buhari for neglecting the contributions of new PDP to their victory in last elections.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by Firefire(m): 11:40am On Jun 26, 2015
omenka:
Here's my opinion firefire:

It is better for Buhari and APC to retain the support of the generality of the electorates and damn the consequences of losing Saraki, Dogara et al.

The Governors, who happen to be the next major power brokers after the president, are all in agreement with the principle of party supremacy which is where the presidency and the party is leaning towards. Jonathan's case got worse because he lost the loyalty of PDP governors. They have far greater control over the electorates than the president and assembly members.

These guys (assembly members) are just flexing biceps because elections are still somewhat far off but they would never notice the passage of time as they bask in the euphoria presently going on in NASS.

When the time comes for a return to the
chambers, the governors would still be the ones
in control of the party delegates and we would
have the same recalcitrant congressmen come
grovelling at their feet for support. That is when
the party would take its own pound of flesh if
they chose to remain in the party or the party
allows them to stay. Should they decamp, the
same power tussle as is being witnessed now
would consume all of them. The old guard in
PDP wouldn't wanna relinquish power to the
new comers from APC, moreso because they've
learnt a thing or two about betrayal.

Buhari simply needs to concentrate on delivering on his promises,
find a way of doing so without recourse to the National Assembly because what they would want to do should any matter be presented before them from the executive is not to grant ascent to it as a way of punishment irrespective of its benefit to the people, and retain the loyalty of the party and her governors, and mend whatever damages exists between him and Tinubu.

Can he find a way to do these, he's sure gonna write his name in gold in the history books of the country.

Hi Omenka,

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

I am aligned with the bolded, delivering the campaign promises is key to Nigerians.

The over ambitious legislators who is known to be very selfish will not hold us to ransom.
Re: APC Crisis: Way Forward ? by francizy(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2015
cold:
Funny how omenkus, passingshyt and gbewa, the three musketeers leading the APC charge on NL have suddenly fizzled out like a candle that has run out of wax since the Nass crisis broke out. It is at a time like this you'll read retorts like 'listen,i have a life outside nairaland' or some other feeble defence they can muster..sigh

What do you expect from the supposed "progressives"? They have done what politicians sent them to do and are reaping their reward. If their actions eventually destroys Nigeria, I hope they will not come here to blame GEJ again (their number one scape goat)..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Parade Killers Of Delta Ubulu-uku Monarch-photo / Take Out Boko Haram,northern Nigeria Will Be Richer That The South / I Hope Aisha Buhari Will Not Suffer Same Fate As Sefinat Buhari - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.