Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates (1331 Views)

Will Change Of Age Ruin My Certificates? / Is This Student Dumb Or Smart? [hilarious Pics] / Photo: When You Trying To Help Your Dumb Friend Cheat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
Most people live the better part of their life within the walls of a class room, reading and answering questions that they might never understand. By chance people move through the educational system by memorizing and cramming ,never understanding or finding meaning in what was said in the lesson. This set of people might spend their life time Without knowing their true potential. In my opinion this is because they never questioned their existence or stop to ask why. ALot of people go through primary,secondary and universities and after all the hundreds of hours spent on education. They are presented with a certificate , if asked a simple question; WHY THEY STUDIED WHAT THEY READ IN SCHOOL? ONLY then people realize that they have no answer because they had never discovered meaning in studying dozens of courses. Very SAD. Question Everything and have a mind that Telescopes fat into the universe.
PLS DON't Be DUMb

Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Hero10001: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Superman11:
Most people live the better part of their life within the walls of a class room, reading and answering questions that they might never understand. By chance people move through the educational system by memorizing and cramming ,never understanding or finding meaning in what was said in the lesson. This set of people might spend their life time Without knowing their true potential. In my opinion this is because they never questioned their existence or stop to ask why. ALot of people go through primary,secondary and universities and after all the hundreds of hours spent on education. They are presented with a certificate , if asked a simple question; WHY THEY STUDIED WHAT THEY READ IN SCHOOL? ONLY then people realize that they have no answer because they had never discovered meaning in studying dozens of courses. Very SAD. Question Everything and have a mind that Telescopes fat into the universe.
PLS DON't Be DUMb
most pple are dumb o
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Edwardhead(m): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
[size=15pt]see dis one undecided[/size]

1 Like

Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by dkronicle(m): 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Needs to be

Floged...
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
That is why when some people say School is overrated , I see such folks as dumb especially some nairalanders that usually clamour for business against schooling ......

School is an avenue to get informed and trained about your chosen course of endeavour , how U market such skills you achieved through the trainings to convince clients (companies or govt) you are the best bet is simply left to you.

I am an Accountant by academic and professional orientation and a businessman because the essence of my certificate is to use it to do business and make money .... I market my accounting skills to suit my clients needs and that is business.

Folks believe since they have certificate they should have the job ..... The fact that emeka put market for shop no mean say e go sell am ........ e must get sweet mouth, convince customer say na wetin ihm want na ihm he dey sell , say this one na quality and na only ihm side e go get am ..... tell am how many folks don try am and their compliments ....... tell am make e go use am say if the good no good make e return am , U go give back D money .....

This bolded is howfar one should go though officially , formally and moderately to sell your certificate and get your dream job.

1 Like

Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by neahyo(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
@poster above, i doubt if u know the difference between education and schooling. The Emeka you used as an example is educated about his venture but he doesn't have certificate........................
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hero10001:

most pple are dumb o

thanks for adhering to the fact because most Nigerians would actually avoid having this conversation .. it is a testament of slow growth and crawling development.. In most sectors like agriculture people lack the real understanding. I try in my own little self to put this information out there. I wonder what young people discuss about mostly? wasting the blessing of youth, sad it won't last too long
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 10:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
dkronicle:
Needs to be

Floged...
we all need to be flogged!!
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
neahyo:
@poster above, i doubt if u know the difference between education and schooling. The Emeka you used as an example is educated about his venture but he doesn't have certificate........................

If you read my post very well you would see clearly that i used words like understand,finding meaning and discovering. These words qualify the objective of education which is learning. "Schooling" is just partaking or being in attendance to an educational system and not nessesarily making sense of what is being taught. This is the case in where than 60% of students don't know what a teacher says after a class in Nigeria. What do you mean by venture in this context?
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 11:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Edwardhead:
[size=15pt]see dis one undecided[/size]

na your brother ?? haha shocked shocked shocked
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Lushcream:
That is why when some people say School is overrated , I see such folks as dumb especially some nairalanders that usually clamour for business against schooling ......

School is an avenue to get informed and trained about your chosen course of endeavour , how U market such skills you achieved through the trainings to convince clients (companies or govt) you are the best bet is simply left to you.

I am an Accountant by academic and professional orientation and a businessman because the essence of my certificate is to use it to do business and make money .... I market my accounting skills to suit my clients needs and that is business.

Folks believe since they have certificate they should have the job ..... T go get ahe fact that emeka put market for shop no mean say e go sell am ........ e must get sweet mouth, convince customer say na wetin ihm want na ihm he dey sell , say this one na quality and na only ihm side e go get am ..... tell am how many folks don try am and their compliments ....... tell am make e go use am say if the good no good make e return am , U go give back D money .....

This bolded is howfar one should go though officially , formally and moderately to sell your certificate and get your dream job.

Thanks for sharing similar ideas. yes school and certification is highly overated , the attendance of a school does not quarrantee the acquisition of skill , like you rightfully said only through training would skill be developed in mathematics,capentry,agriculture, people management, governance e.t.c But most people see a certificate as a ticket for a job, most of them practically understand nothing very sad.
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
neahyo:
You can only get educated through school (we have many type of schools) thus I know the difference between education and schooling.

School is the citadel of education where knowledge is impacted on an individual or group of individuals. Such knowledge impacted upon you with your own maggi and salt is what you are expected to demonstrate out there to win yourself some jobs or customers.

Though, some folks may go to school without getting or being educated maybe the school is not adequate enough for education or those folks don't have interest in education.

Anyhow, nothing is easy in life even Business is more difficult than school ..... before Dangote , Otedola, Adenuga , Osewa, Zuckerberg, Bill gates reach this level wey dem dey no be small effort ...... A PhD holder doesn't passed through what those guys passed through.
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Superman11:

Thanks for sharing similar ideas. yes school and certification is highly overated , the attendance of a school does not quarrantee the acquisition of skill , like you rightfully said only through training would skill be developed in mathematics,capentry,agriculture, people management, governance e.t.c But most people see a certificate as a ticket for a job, most of them practically understand nothing very sad.
Our people are still living in the past ooo . in the olden days when the good of today were best ..... U no go even finish school before company go don dey queue to take you over because School was school .... no magomago like today .. U see folks doing waec for seven years before they pass O'level ...... ... Jamb for 6years before you pass and gain admission but nowadays all those exams are pure water via special
centre and other runz ....

Certificate of olden days speaks volume because if you are certified then no need for aptitude test or interview before you are employed ... The paper in your hand is enough to speak for you but nowadays wey 2'1 may not write his name correctly while first-class is stammering just to introduce himself ...Runz/Parolz things .. ..... 3rd class use his/her life to party while in school instead of reading while everybody now cram to pass without understanding the course understudy ..... Lecturer no get student time and student masef no care ....

Employer gat to sieve Job seekers to pass through aptitude test and many stages of interview before you become employed ..... You have to tell them you are the one they want and you are the true owner of your certificate and you are what you certificate said you are and more better.

No be small thing .... No be small work.
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 12:03am On Jun 27, 2015
Lushcream:
Our people are still living in the past ooo . in the olden days when the good of today were best ..... U no go even finish school before company go don dey queue to take you over because School was school .... no magomago like today .. U see folks doing waec for seven years before they pass O'level ...... ... Jamb for 6years before you pass and gain admission but nowadays all those exams are pure water via special
centre and other runz ....

Certificate of olden days speaks volume because if you are certified then no need for aptitude test or interview before you are employed ... The paper in your hand is enough to speak for you but nowadays wey 2'1 may not write his name correctly while first-class is stammering just to introduce himself ...Runz/Parolz things .. ..... 3rd class use his/her life to party while in school instead of reading while everybody now cram to pass without understanding the course understudy ..... Lecturer no get student time and student masef no care ....

Employer gat to sieve Job seekers to pass through aptitude test and many stages of interview before you become employed ..... You have to tell them you are the one they want and you are the true owner of your certificate and you are what you certificate said you are and more better.

No be small thing .... No be small work.

THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE OLDEN DAYS SPEAKS VOLUME AND KNOWLEDGE THAN THE CERTIFICATION OF THE MODERN DAY WHICH BARELY STATES WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN NOT NECESSARILY WHAT YOU MAKE SENSE OF. I HAVE LEARNED TO PAUSE, REASON AND UNDERSTAND THEN AND ONLY THEN WOULD I HAVE CLEARITY WHICH IS TRUE POWER..
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Hero10001: 8:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Superman11:

thanks for adhering to the fact because most Nigerians would actually avoid having this conversation .. it is a testament of slow growth and crawling development.. In most sectors like agriculture people lack the real understanding. I try in my own little self to put this information out there. I wonder what young people discuss about mostly? wasting the blessing of youth, sad it won't last too long
I think the system of our education is bad, why on earth would one spend 16 years to get a bsc?!
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by neahyo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by neahyo(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
These people were educated not schooled......................
They knew what they were doing, I can be a successful farmer if i learn the techniques of farming from an older experienced farmer who will teach me how to farm, when to farm et al, that way i can be educated about farming and be a successful farmer without me passing through the gate of any university..
Hence, I'm EDUCATED about farming even if i'm an illiterate
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hero10001:

I think the system of our education is bad, why on earth would one spend 16 years to get a bsc?!

The people running the system don't know what to do. they are bad for the system. The people are the system. WE ARE THE SYSTEM.
The 16 years is supposed to be 16 years of mastery but that is hardly the case...
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
neahyo:
They knew what they were doing, I can be a successful farmer if i learn the techniques of farming from an older experienced farmer who will teach me how to farm, when to farm et al, that way i can be educated about farming and be a successful farmer without me passing through the gate of any university..

Define what you mean by schooled? Is it sitting in a class and being told a bunch of so called important stuff?
DO you think learning is only hearing from older and more experienced people ? In my clear view Learning is only achieved through careful observation which most of the worlds scientist achieved solely from isolation. Connect the dots and understand things more clearly my brother
Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
neahyo:
Immediately you approached that experienced farmer to teach you farming during the period of your learning you are already schooling.

School is beyond four wall of universities and secondary school.

But the best form of education is formal education then you can add other informal ones to it to blend it all up.

1 Like

Re: If You Just Found Out That Your Dumb After Those Certificates by Superman11(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Immediately you approached that experienced farmer to teach you farming during the period of your learning you are already schooling.

School is beyond four wall of universities and secondary school.

But the best form of education is formal education then you can add other informal ones to it to blend it all up.

thank you jare help me preach for this farmer

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Scholarship / Polytechnic Degree Will Now Be Converted As Bachelor Of Technology- JAMB / 2016/2017 Literature Jamb Syllabus. Which Is Real? (critical)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.