Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Tutors Needed In Pogramming - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Tutors Needed In Pogramming (1491 Views)

Web And App Development Tutors Needed Urgently! / We're Hiring Web Developer Tutors / Web Developer Tutors Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
Without wasting your time oh ye gurusgrin my name is eric i am an ss3 stdnt, i just finished my NECO so i will be home for a while... I love mathematics a lot, so some1 reffered my to projecteuler.net, bt to my total disappointment i was only gonna b able 2 solve d problems by a kind of programming: and i again seeked help as at which language to learn as a 'jjc' (knw absolutely nothing) in programming, then i was told python or php... I here by request of oh ye kind hearted gurus to assist my in a step by step procedure in any or both of d afore mentioned languages. Ehm.... I am aspiring to learn on a laptop(IBM,WINDOWS 7 ULTIMAtE)....... ericdachung@gmail.com
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by Karleb(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
www.w3schools.com
www.tutorialspiont.net

Read through those websites, Godspeed!
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Karleb:

Read through those websites, Godspeed!
can i look up to u when ever i am entangled?
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by Dmayor7(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Karleb:
www.tutorialspiont.net

tried d website bt kept on getting an error messsage...
Tnx
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by Karleb(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
LORDDICE:
can i look up to u when ever i am entangled?

No. Reason being I'm not into programming.

You can post your problems in this same section.

If you are going into web application programming i.e website design, start with HTML, CSS, Javascript, Bootstrap... It's not advisable for you to jump to PHP just like that. Just follow the course modules on w3schooos and you will never go astray.

The Cyberspace needs you bro.

1 Like

Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by Karleb(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
LORDDICE:

tried d website bt kept on getting an error messsage...

Tnx

It's perfectly working at my own end, could be browser issue.
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by FincoApps(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
You can start with Java, and yea can ask for help cause that's my specialty
LORDDICE:
Without wasting your time oh ye gurusgrin my name is eric i am an ss3 stdnt, i just finished my NECO so i will be home for a while... I love mathematics a lot, so some1 reffered my to projecteuler.net, bt to my total disappointment i was only gonna b able 2 solve d problems by a kind of programming: and i again seeked help as at which language to learn as a 'jjc' (knw absolutely nothing) in programming, then i was told python or php... I here by request of oh ye kind hearted gurus to assist my in a step by step procedure in any or both of d afore mentioned languages. Ehm.... I am aspiring to learn on a laptop(IBM,WINDOWS 7 ULTIMAtE)....... ericdachung@gmail.com
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Karleb:

No. Reason being I'm not into programming.

You can post your problems in this same section.

If you are going into web application programming i.e website design, start with HTML, CSS, Javascript, Bootstrap... It's not advisable for you to jump to PHP just like that. Just follow the course modules on w3schooos and you will never go astray.

The Cyberspace needs you bro.

tnk u sir, i will alwayss remeber u for dis vital vital aid.... Hope u will still be on nairaland when i write my 1st program grin
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by Karleb(m): 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
LORDDICE:

tnk u sir, i will alwayss remeber u for dis vital vital aid.... Hope u will still be on nairaland when i write my 1st program grin

Of course, I'm always a mention away.
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
Pls dnt get bored with me cos am a newbie, i have another problem.....

If i wanna develop a kindda program or whatsoever dat can help me do some mathematical computations...
Better still, my facebook i.d is ..Dice Dachung..

Thanks Alot

Eric Dachung
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by Antiparticle(m): 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
My guy, if you want to learn a programming language specifically to solve as many mathematical problems as possible, then your best bet is either Python, MATLAB, or Mathematica.

Python may be the most preferred because it is free, open-source, and has a vast range of publicly available mathematical and statistical libraries. Some of the Python libraries that would be valuable to you for mathematical or "scientific computing" are Scipy, Numpy, and Matplotlib. Python is also extremely versatile as you can also use it for back-end web programming and more.

MATLAB is an application that provides an environment to write code that can be used to solve mathematical problems. The code syntax is similar to simplified versions of java/python. MATLAB has a large range of mathematical and statistical libraries, but the catch is that it is expensive and is not open-source. Some people go around this illegally though. If it were free, I would say you should go with this.

Mathematica can be used for mathematical and scientific applications, though it is not a programming language. It shares the drawback of not being open-source and costly. Unlike MATLAB and Python, Mathematica can be used easily to "symbolically" solve (or manipulate) mathematical expressions and equations. For instance, you could use it simplify and factorize equations and so forth. You could also use it for statistical/numerical problems but Python and MATLAB are better for those scenarios.

My Recommendation:
Use Python because it is free, has a lot of libraries online, and can also be used for back-end web programming if in the future you decide to look for a side job in that area. A close second option would be Mathematica, which would also be excellent to have.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I have used all these tools.

PS: I deliberately didn't list C++ or C or Java because it would be too much of a pain to use them for scientific computing unless your mathematical problems require extreme computational speed in which case C or C++ would be best. PHP or Javascript are best for web design not mathematical/scientific computing.

Cheers.

LORDDICE:
Pls dnt get bored with me cos am a newbie, i have another problem.....

If i wanna develop a kindda program or whatsoever dat can help me do some mathematical computations...
Better still, my facebook i.d is ..Dice Dachung..

Thanks Alot

Eric Dachung
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
Antiparticle:
My guy, if you want to learn a programming language specifically to solve as many mathematical problems as possible, then your best bet is either Python, MATLAB, or Mathematica.

Python may be the most preferred because it is free, open-source, and has a vast range of publicly available mathematical and statistical libraries. Some of the Python libraries that would be valuable to you for mathematical or "scientific computing" are Scipy, Numpy, and Matplotlib. Python is also extremely versatile as you can also use it for back-end web programming and more.

MATLAB is an application that provides an environment to write code that can be used to solve mathematical problems. The code syntax is similar to simplified versions of java/python. MATLAB has a large range of mathematical and statistical libraries, but the catch is that it is expensive and is not open-source. Some people go around this illegally though. If it were free, I would say you should go with this.

Mathematica can be used for mathematical and scientific applications, though it is not a programming language. It shares the drawback of not being open-source and costly. Unlike MATLAB and Python, Mathematica can be used easily to "symbolically" solve (or manipulate) mathematical expressions and equations. For instance, you could use it simplify and factorize equations and so forth. You could also use it for statistical/numerical problems but Python and MATLAB are better for those scenarios.

My Recommendation:
Use Python because it is free, has a lot of libraries online, and can also be used for back-end web programming if in the future you decide to look for a side job in that area. A close second option would be Mathematica, which would also be excellent to have.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I have used all these tools.

PS: I deliberately didn't list C++ or C or Java because it would be too much of a pain to use them for scientific computing unless your mathematical problems require extreme computational speed in which case C or C++ would be best. PHP or Javascript are best for web design not mathematical/scientific computing.

Cheers.

do u have some e.books on python...
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by Antiparticle(m): 3:18am On Jul 03, 2015
First, you need to install Python; this link gives the step by step instructions. There are two Python versions, versions 2.x and 3.x. You should install the latest 3.x.x version.

Next you need to install an IDE (Integrated Development Environment, like a text editor) for the coding; alternatively, you could code from the command line console but this is messy.

A good IDE to use is Spyder (for math/scientific computing applications). To get it, go here (make sure you download the Python 3.4 version NOT the Python 2.7 version) and follow the instructions. From that link, you will install Anaconda, which contains Spyder IDE and mathematical/scientific libraries such as Numpy, Matplotlib, and SciPy.

Here is a YouTube playlist on Python with Spyder.

Next, you should google "matplotlib tutorial" or "numpy tutorial" or "scipy tutorial" to learn how to use python to do math operations.
A great resource for learning Python in general is the main Python webpage. Click on the "Tutorial" link in the page and you can start learning. (

Welcome to the world of mathematical and scientific computing! Let me know how things go.

LORDDICE:

do u have some e.books on python...
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by chinnyfity: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
Contact me I wil teach u php step by step 08035204317
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
chinnyfity:

are u on whatsapp
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by chinnyfity: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2015
Yes
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by LORDDICE(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2015
chinnyfity:
Yes

with d same number?
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by chinnyfity: 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Yes oooooooo
Re: Tutors Needed In Pogramming by ohans4u(m): 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
chinnyfity:
please sir, am also interested on learning php.... will contact you soon

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

School Information Management System/software (SIMS) In Nigeria / Good Software Programming Books / Superb Banking Software For Microfinance Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.