Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Personal CDS Projects - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Personal CDS Projects (4171 Views)

NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps / My NYSC Personal CDS Projects In Anambra. Thanks To GOD For The Success / NYSC Personal CDS Projects By Ayokanmi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal CDS Projects by cupidora(f): 7:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
I got to Abia state highly enthusiastic about 'service'. By service,I don't mean the short term for NYSC,I mean it in its actual sense.
I intend to serve with all my heart and leave my footprints in the sand of time. My PPA is in a village secondary school with a population of about 70. The school infrastructure is an uncompleted building that lacks facilities,basic amenities,I'm sure you can imagine.
My aim of creating this thread is to appeal to outgoing corper(batch B),batch C and ex-corpers who engaged in Personal CDS projects and successfully accomplished them to give me ideas on how to start and complete one. How to apply for and easily get funds.
I'm considering renovating the classroom block and staff room. Its a small school. Thank you for your contributions.

1 Like

Re: Personal CDS Projects by Fertilenigeria: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
I successfully completed the Hope4kids Project in 2012 when I donated 500 customized exercise books and other writing materials to LEA in Anambra state. The platform I created is still making huge impacts even when I left about 3 years ago. So many corp members are commissioning projects based on the sustainability plan I designed.

The only thing you need now after passion is finance. You won't use your money to finance your personal CDs.

So, what you need a visible fundraising strategy that will help you to deliver the project on schedule.

Having done that, put up a project life cycle (timeline) with realistic date. this will help you monitor your progress and give you hope of completion.

Even though its a personal CDs, don't do it alone. Create a reasonable platform and involve the new batch Corp members with the hope that they will sustain your effort.

That's the skeleton of what you need for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personal CDS Projects by haibe(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nice thread.. *following*.. got posted to a village in Ijebu east too and the area isnt in a good shape, I doubt the population is even up to 70. hoping to drop my footprint before leaving... of course provided I don't relocate due to fear of how densely populated the place is and its kidnap stories..

Re: Personal CDS Projects by Fertilenigeria: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
haibe:
Nice thread.. *following*.. got posted to a village in Ijebu east too and the school isnt in a good shape.. hoping to drop my footprint before leaving... of course provided I don't relocate..

That's the passion. There are few people like you in Nigeria.

Others will need relocation to urban areas instead of thinking how they can leave a positive legacy there to satisfy their main aim of national service.

There in the village, you will buy things very cheap, you may even live happily than those in urban areas.

Again in the village, your little contribution will be highly valued and respected.

1 Like

Re: Personal CDS Projects by haibe(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Very true
Fertilenigeria:

That's the passion. There are few people like you in Nigeria.

Others will need relocation to urban areas instead of thinking how they can leave a positive legacy there to satisfy their main aim of national service.

There in the village, you will buy things very cheap, you may even live happily than those in urban areas.

Again in the village, your little contribution will be highly valued and respected.
Re: Personal CDS Projects by cupidora(f): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
haibe:
Nice thread.. *following*.. got posted to a village in Ijebu east too and the area isnt in a good shape, I doubt the population is even up to 70. hoping to drop my footprint before leaving... of course provided I don't relocate due to fear of how densely populated the place is and its kidnap stories..
I read your thread about being posted to a jungle,kinda funny,lol. I had a similar experience. When I first received my posting letter,I'd mixed feelings,considering I dnt knw anywhere in Abia. I was just anxious to go and knw what the place is like. Kai! The proprietor no try at all,the name of that school is a bait;"National sec.sch",I'm sure you can imagine what I imagined...Na im I climb okada,we pass all the fine fine houses come d enter bush,my countenance changed from anxiety to annoyance. When I got to the school I begged the proprietor to give me rejection letter,he refused,plus the fact that am the 1st French corper they've ever had,im no gree sam sam! I cried o. But I've embraced the place now and working towards doing my best in every way. You should too smiley

1 Like

Re: Personal CDS Projects by cupidora(f): 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fertilenigeria:
I successfully completed the Hope4kids Project in 2012 when I donated 500 customized exercise books and other writing materials to LEA in Anambra state. The platform I created is still making huge impacts even when I left about 3 years ago. So many corp members are commissioning projects based on the sustainability plan I designed.

The only thing you need now after passion is finance. You won't use your money to finance your personal CDs.

So, what you need a visible fundraising strategy that will help you to deliver the project on schedule.

Having done that, put up a project life cycle (timeline) with realistic date. this will help you monitor your progress and give you hope of completion.

Even though its a personal CDs, don't do it alone. Create a reasonable platform and involve the new batch Corp members with the hope that they will sustain your effort.

That's the skeleton of what you need for now.
Thank you very much. Yes,I know I'm not supposed to use personal finance. Its the fundraising strategies I need please. How did you get funds? Who did you appeal and who were those willing to/enthusiastic about sponsoring,donating. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Personal CDS Projects by haibe(m): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
Lol.. we really have similar experience, good thing u have embraced the place.. are u 2015 set?

cupidora:
I read your thread about being posted to a jungle,kinda funny,lol. I had a similar experience. When I first received my posting letter,I'd mixed feelings,considering I dnt knw anywhere in Abia. I was just anxious to go and knw what the place is like. Kai! The proprietor no try at all,the name of that school is a bait;"National sec.sch",I'm sure you can imagine what I imagined...Na im I climb okada,we pass all the fine fine houses come d enter bush,my countenance changed from anxiety to annoyance. When I got to the school I begged the proprietor to give me rejection letter,he refused,plus the fact that am the 1st French corper they've ever had,im no gree sam sam! I cried o. But I've embraced the place now and working towards doing my best in every way. You should too smiley

1 Like

Re: Personal CDS Projects by Fertilenigeria: 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
cupidora:
Thank you very much. Yes,I know I'm not supposed to use personal finance. Its the fundraising strategies I need please. How did you get funds? Who did you appeal and who were those willing to/enthusiastic about sponsoring,donating. Thank you

I used common funds raising strategy. It worked at the end.

These are the steps.

(1) Make a name list of all potential sponsors (like 1000 pepole if you are looking for 500 thousand naira) You are targeting N500 per sponsor. Note that any economically viable person can make this list even a bicycle repairer

(2) Write your project proposal. Try and understand your project so that you can communicate the benefit to people.

(3) Write your fundraising appeal letter and hammer on the need to sponsor the project as well as the immediate and lasting value of the project. Promise to mention them in the project launch and souvenir.

(4) Make contacts with all of them. I said all of them. Including pastors. They will either assist or spread the word which could expose more funding sources.

(5) Follow up all of them with calls, chats, personal visits. Just demand anything.

I invented this strategy and I used it to raise 680k in 3 weeks for my project.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Personal CDS Projects by cupidora(f): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
haibe:
Lol.. we really have similar experience, good thing u have embraced the place.. are u 2015 set?

Yea,Batch A,stream I
Re: Personal CDS Projects by cupidora(f): 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fertilenigeria:

These are the steps.

(1) Make a name list of all potential sponsors (like 1000 pepole if you are looking for 500 thousand naira) You are targeting N500 per sponsor. Note that any economically viable person can make this list even a bicycle repairer

(2) Write your project proposal. Try and understand your project so that you can communicate the benefit to people.

(3) Write your fundraising appeal letter and hammer on the need to sponsor the project as well as the immediate and lasting value of the project. Promise to mention them in the project launch and souvenir.

(4) Make contacts with all of them. I said all of them. Including pastors. They will either assist or spread the word which could expose more funding sources.

(5) Follow up all of them with calls, chats, personal visits. Just demand anything.

Wow! This is motivational. Thank you. Alot
Re: Personal CDS Projects by Fertilenigeria: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
Fertilenigeria:

These are the steps.

This is just a template. You may need to modify this depending on the amount you need for your project. At the end of the day, you are not going to spend any kobo from your pocket
Re: Personal CDS Projects by Raylight2(m): 7:35am On Jun 27, 2015
got a similar plan for my host community already though yet to go for service.... tot I was going to use my personal finance... if sponsored, I'll change the benefit of the personal CDS.
bookmarked

1 Like

Re: Personal CDS Projects by cupidora(f): 10:28am On Jun 27, 2015
Raylight2:
got a similar plan for my host community already though yet to go for service.... tot I was going to use my personal finance... if sponsored, I'll change the benefit of the personal CDS.
bookmarked
It's a good thing you have a goal already. Nope,not your personal finance at all.In the course of the orientation camp you would be given books about the four cardinal programmes of the NYSC including a handbook about CDS. It is stated in the book that on no account should a corp member finance a project with personal funds. So your source of funding should be keystakeholders. Getting sponsors is the major part of the project,you would have to appeal for funds. Wish us all the best

1 Like

Re: Personal CDS Projects by Raylight2(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2015
cupidora:
It's a good thing you have a goal already. Nope,not your personal finance at all.In the course of the orientation camp you would be given books about the four cardinal programmes of the NYSC including a handbook about CDS. It is stated in the book that on no account should a corp member finance a project with personal funds. So your source of funding should be keystakeholders. Getting sponsors is the major part of the project,you would have to appeal for funds. Wish us all the best

thanks so much... will draw out my plans before then.
image below was my initial plan....going to modify it.
thanks for the insight

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

With 2012 Nysc Time-table Out:will Nysc Still Post Corpers To The Northern States E.g Kano Et.al / Ibadan 2016 Batch A corpers / Special Autocad And Solidworks Training Between October And November For Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.