Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,629 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Nigerian Confidence, Why Don't I Have It? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Confidence, Why Don't I Have It? (890 Views)

Why Don't Mods Reply Mails? / Why Don't Nigerians Like To Be Corrected? / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Confidence, Why Don't I Have It? by Uju4eva(f): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, you know what I noticed? If you watch Nigerian movies, or even watch your own mom you see the pride radiating out. I don't know if its me but I have noticed such things.

Nigerian people hold so much pride and dignity. The women believe that they are good looking and believe they have so much to offer. Not that they are NOT good looking and they don't have anything to offer but you can see that there is a 100 percent certainty amongst our women. Wow, and my mom has always tried to instill this in me, but it wasn't really a teaching. I wish Nigerian women that raised their women in America taught their children how to believe "You are IT". Because trust me I didn't learn that. Matter of fact I'm still dealing a bit with insecurities that stemmed from low self esteem. Now that I'm older I'm so mad that I let these people in America who don't even know their own culture dominate me.

I remember when I was getting my drivers permit. This tall Nigerian women who appeared to be Igbo was just parading like she was the ISH! Like she ruled the whole place, you could see her arrogance a mile away. I even began to get jealous. I was thinking to myself:Man, I wish I could have that certain type of appeal.

But I'm still learning. That's why I want to go to Nigeria. See what it is. I believe I have that confidence, it just hasn't leaped out of me or it hasn't grown. I want to be that confident woman. I really do, I'm working on it though.

So tell me your experiences? Do Nigerian women express confidence? Where do you think it stems from? How do you get it? Let me Know!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Confidence, Why Don't I Have It? by rite2salas(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2009
Nigerians loved to be recognized, most of us believe in the "If you got it, Flaunt it. " principle.
Re: Nigerian Confidence, Why Don't I Have It? by Uju4eva(f): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2009
I see. I see.
Re: Nigerian Confidence, Why Don't I Have It? by rite2salas(m): 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2009
btw great profile pix, im def diggin it
Re: Nigerian Confidence, Why Don't I Have It? by sarah63: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
Oh you should be proud of yourself! doesn't matter the nationality, you should just have confidence in yourself

(1) (Reply)

How To Fast Healthily During Ramadan / Yab Me If I Have Insulted U On Nairaland / Wahala Dey!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.