Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" (812 Views)

Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by modath(f): 2:20am On Jun 27, 2015
he Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, in a letter written to the All Progressives Congress, said his hands were tied with regard to the selection of principal officers of the upper chamber. This was contained in a Friday report on www.thecable.ng.

The National Chairman of APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, had on June 23, written to Saraki, stating the party’s choice of principal officers of the senate.

The APC had nominated Ahmad Lawan as senate majority leader, George Akume as deputy majority leader, Olusola Adeyeye as chief whip, and Abu Ibrahim as deputy chief whip. However, Saraki, on Thursday, announced Ali Ndume as majority leader, Bala Na’Allah as deputy majority leader and Francis Alimikhena as deputy chief whip after the various APC senate caucuses nominated them.

In his letter dated June 25, Saraki was said to have explained to the party that the APC senate caucuses had already taken a decision on the matter before he received Odigie-Oyegun’s letter.

Saraki’s letter read, “The said letter (Oyegun’s letter) was received after various APC zonal caucuses had taken their decisions to candidates as principal officers of the senate in line with parliamentary convention and the extant provisions of the senate standing orders 2015 as amended.”

The Senate President said, “Furthermore, whilst one is strongly persuaded to toe party line and act in accordance with the suggested party position, regrettably clear provisions of our extant rules and standard parliamentary convention have not given me that leeway to act otherwise.

“Therefore, my hands are tied in the circumstances and I seek your understanding in this regard.”

However, he added that without equivocation he remained “loyal to our great party and its leadership and also fully committed to the change agenda of the Mr. President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

Meanwhile, the APC in Ondo State has said that the party is not to blame for the leadership crisis in the National Assembly.

The party said Saraki, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, should be blamed for the division in the party.

The party’s Publicity Secretary in Ondo State, Omo’ba Adesanya, in a statement on Friday,   stressed that the party had played its role by giving directives and that it was left for the leadership of the Assembly to follow such directives.

The statement partly read, “The party leadership had, after an exhaustive meeting with governors and executive members of the National Assembly, issued a directive, but Saraki and Dogara refused to carry out the directives.

“Instead of doing that, they connived with the Peoples Democratic Party members in the Assembly to realise their personal ambitions.

“As principal officers representing APC in the National Assembly, they are expected to carry out the party’s directives in terms of who occupies the positions.

“Therefore, Nigerians should hold Saraki and Dogara responsible for the crisis rocking the National Assembly. They are working against the party that sponsored them by initiating an unholy alliance with the PDP to truncate the ‘change’ that the people expect.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/saraki-writes-apc-says-my-hands-are-tied/
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:46am On Jun 27, 2015
Abeg who tie Saraki hand make e come loose am ooo. undecided

Saraki must understand that he cannot always defy the party's directive and expect to remain in the good books of the party. I wish him goodluck though.
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by modath(f): 3:13am On Jun 27, 2015
Fear of prosecution for all his "sticky fingers" ways, & his blind ambition/unbridles lust for power coupled with zero honour & decency are the only reasons for his hands being tied...

Hope he will remember this when the long arms of the law begin to give him an aggressive embrace cos by that time PMB/ APC hands will be tied as well..

Woe betide any opposition member or their agents/sympathisers who will attribute the cold dish karma will serve him in due course to persecution.

For 16yrs,PDP had the mantle & they never let the opposition near any pricinpal officer position despite the Tambuwal Saga...

I'm an unapologetic PMB stan who cares one hoot about his party but know Saraki has zero loyalty to him & their party .. The quicker they excise him like a cancerous growth, the better for them!!!!
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by temitemi1(m): 3:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Who cares abt oyegun's letter
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by donholy28(m): 4:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Tied with money...and crises
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by mondob2k(m): 4:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Saraki political career with APC is over. If he has any political ambition at national level, like Presidency he has to go back home to PDP
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by kodyx(f): 4:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Fuji house of commotion ..
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by abduljabbar4(m): 4:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Abeg who tie Saraki hand make e come loose am ooo. undecided

Saraki must understand that he cannot always defy the party's directive and expect to remain in the good books of the party. I wish him goodluck though.
When he made his way to the senate presidency I wasn't so annoyed but looking at how he is romancing with pdp members, the guy is indeed a traitor. I now hate him with passion
Re: Saraki Writes APC; "My Hands Are Tied" by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 27, 2015
Did he sign a bound or he's in a spiritual/ diabolical covenant with PDP members in the house?
This man thinks he can fool us!
APC won't sanction him.... Scared of him joining the opposition. Come 2019, saraki will be history.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara Reply Bisi Akande; Deny Being Sponsored By Subsidy Thieves / El-rufai Is Not A Fit And Proper Person To Hold Public Office - Report / Photo: Is This Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.