Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth (2784 Views)

5 Acts Of Retribution By Black People In Response To European Oppression / I Have Officially Decided That Black People Are Beyond Reason. / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Shymm3x: 2:21am On Jun 27, 2015
1) Letting your oppressors educate your children, medicate them, and put them into the school-to-prison pipeline

2) Thinking that white people are supposed to give you a job when you can actually create one for yourself: When you were slaves for as long as we were, it can be difficult to see yourself as the boss instead of the laborer

3) Thinking that every black person who goes to prison is automatically a bad human being: Mass incarceration is real and it’s not by accident.

4) Eating food that is going to give you diabetes and/or heart disease and/or high blood pressure by the age of 45

5) Valuing sports and entertainment over education: Not many people know the name of the black kid who won the math competition, but everybody knows who won the state championship.

6) Believing that black people you see on white-owned TV networks are supposed to be leaders or role models to your community: Reality TV stars come to mind – people with virtually no talent who influence our kids because they live their ridiculous lives in front of a camera.

7) Believing that every tax refund check and every paycheck is supposed to go straight to the mall to buy overpriced European brands from companies that don’t even hire black people: Money is capital to be used for investing, job creation and building businesses, not a consumption item to be given away at every available opportunity for the sake of materialistic excess or instant gratification.

cool Thinking that being “rich” means having a high paying job, a big house or a fancy car, even if it’s all financed with debt: Chances are that the “baller” down the street is one paycheck away from being homeless

9) Calling yourself and your friends n*ggers (or n*ggaz) and seeing nothing wrong with that: Listen to me carefully – You’ are NOT a n*gger, no matter how often Jewish-run record labels pay black rappers to tell you that you are.

10) Giving your money to white businesses and avoiding the black ones

11) Thinking that we’re all supposed to vote for the Democratic Party in every election: Even Bill Clinton admitted that he put too many black people in prison, and President Obama’s not letting them out anytime soon.

12) Believing that Africa is a poor, dirty, horrible place with nothing but poverty and disease, and that you should thank your lucky stars you were “blessed” enough to live in America: Newsflash – you live in arguably the most racist country in the world. No country on the planet incarcerates black people the way we do in the United States of America.

13) Believing that Harvard and Yale are better than Spelman and Howard

14) Not realizing that both Spelman and Howard were founded by white people

15) Not realizing that most of the people who founded the NAACP were actually white and that this organization never really belonged to you in the first place.

16) Thinking that straight hair is “good” and black hair is “nasty,” then giving all of your money to Korean beauty shops so they can make you feel better about yourself

17) Believing that light skinned women are more attractive than those with dark skin

18) Knowing nothing about African history, but believing every great accomplishment occurred in Europe, starting with Christopher Columbus “discovering” a country that was well-populated thousands of years before he got here.

19) Believing that you’re only supposed to pray, march and be peaceful every time your children get slaughtered by whites

20) Delivering those prayers on your knees to a big, white Jesus

21) Looking up to historical figures like George Washington who put our ancestors in chains and probably raped them

22) Believing that integration was a sign of progress for black people and not an era where black institutions were destroyed and left for dead

23) Believing that Martin Luther King is more important than Malcolm X because white people market him more regularly

24) Believing that Martin Luther King only spoke of peace and forgiveness instead of the same rage and reparations that many of us talk about today

25) Thinking that its normal to have an all black neighborhood with a mostly white police force, when there are no all-white neighborhoods with a mostly black police force

26) Believing that a half-white president is going to be significantly different from a completely white one: Hint – most high-level politicians think alike, since they are supporting the same system that has oppressed you for 400 years. Also, our system incentivizes them to worship corporate money

27) Thinking that the first black (fill in the blank) to get into a white institution actually represents progress, even though whites have never considered it be progress to get into our institutions (Does standard White History include a story about the first white man to get into Morehouse?)

Once again, feel free to add to the list. I don’t know everything, but my brainwashing as a PhD tells me that I am supposed to think I know everything. So, maybe this is my first step toward escaping my own psychological plantation. We have all been infected affected.

Reference: Dr Boyce Watkins is a Finance PhD and the creator of the Black Wealth Bootcamp. For more information, please visit www.BoyceWatkins.com

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Shymm3x: 2:23am On Jun 27, 2015
The article might be directed to African Americans and mostly black diaspora - but I believe there are a lot of jewels there for Africans as well.

6 Likes

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by anonymous6(f): 2:48am On Jun 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
The article might be directed to African Americans and mostly black diaspora - but I believe there are a lot of jewels there for Africans as well.

yea you are right it is directed towards Africans Americans but their are a few in the list that Africans can at least learn something from. When I read the list many of the listed was spot on that I found it funny to a extent but bitterly true

2 Likes

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 27, 2015
Ok
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by ihustler(m): 4:06am On Jun 27, 2015
It is like the African-American/black race is marked for extinction now.

If the world's most powerful country goes against them in their land and in Africa, blacks have to deal with issues of terrorism and radicalization.

I think it 's the black race that has to go extinct first when the new world order sets in before the North Africans/Magreb fall and every other race begin to fall like a pack of cards.

Arabs, Asians, etc
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by donholy28(m): 4:14am On Jun 27, 2015
And who is doing the brainwashing... Cause am not thinking bout anything u wrote cause i know Africa is blessed.

1 Like

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by pamodulus: 4:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Very true on some points. We just need to wake up from this sub-conscience prison.

2 Likes

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by raayah(f): 4:44am On Jun 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

Exactly what i wanted to say.

Who gets tax refund in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by AAinEqGuinea: 5:07am On Jun 27, 2015
I don't know where to begin.. these are supposed to be easy steps you learn early in life...

we've only moved backwards in time, sadly many would proclaim that the same has happened to Nigeria as well, but yet there remains a plentiful number of people who are capable from each side.

Really think about what made blacks slaves to Arabs and Europeans for so long and you'll come to realize that many blacks are NOT worth it. In many cases Black slaves outnumbered whites and still remained slaves, and their slave mentality has not changed for many around the globe. Today many AA know how useless they are and are proud of it.

we need to create our own quorums, just help those who are trying, and build ourselves.
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Rivertemz: 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
This thread barely has anything to do with Nigerians or any African, please take these points to Americans not us, it's BS

3 Likes

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2015
Rivertemz:
This thread barely has anything to do with Nigerians or any African, please take these points to Americans not us, it's BS

shocked
Badpost.com
And it got likes!
Very bad

@OP, insightful
Although selling this truth to blacks would be hard
We have embodied "being bad and morally lax"
...and the guilt that goes with it
See the crowd in churches and mosques...

A real number has been done on the black race, smh
I just feel soo hopeless about the issue
I wish I knew what, and where to join

About the NAACP....the recent white-girl-leader-who-has-been-parading-as-black...and the reactions to her deceit (?fraud) has shoved the organisation down on my ladder of relevance. And quite conveniently, the Charleston church shooting ensured the fizzling out of any furore the issue had in the first place!

1 Like

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by absoluteSuccess: 9:24am On Jun 29, 2015
ihustler:
It is like the African-American/black race is marked for extinction now.

If the world's most powerful country goes against them in their land and in Africa, blacks have to deal with issues of terrorism and radicalization.

I think it 's the black race that has to go extinct first when the new world order sets in before the North Africans/Magreb fall and every other race begin to fall like a pack of cards.

Arabs, Asians, etc
Ace, you unleash the core of the salvation by evolution. Most of our people taunting us here with mutation tried to sound overeducated and elite in understanding, they sound more catholic than the pope. But they never told us the end game of their 'biological precept' they are forcing on us after becoming 'brainwashed-educates' they are susceptible to scientific brainwash.
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Rivertemz: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
milychocs:

shocked
Badpost.com
And it got likes!
Very bad

@OP, insightful
Although selling this truth to blacks would be hard
We have embodied "being bad and morally lax"
...and the guilt that goes with it
See the crowd in churches and mosques...

A real number has been done on the black race, smh
I just feel soo hopeless about the issue
I wish I knew what, and where to join

About the NAACP....the recent white-girl-leader-who-has-been-parading-as-black...and the reactions to her deceit (?fraud) has shoved the organisation down on my ladder of relevance. And quite conveniently, the Charleston church shooting ensured the fizzling out of any furore the issue had in the first place!

I repeat ! This is an American problem, not ours! The black race isn't a collective, we don't go through the same rubbish here in Africa

3 Likes

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 28, 2015
what's wrong in calling your fellow black man a nigga[negro] . rubbish

It's only derogatory if a white man or non-black[Asians, Arabs etc] uses it. depending on how closely related they are to you anyway
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by makahlj2: 10:02am On Jul 29, 2015
darkenedrebel:
what's wrong in calling your fellow black man a nigga[negro] . rubbish

It's only derogatory if a white man or non-black[Asians, Arabs etc] uses it. depending on how closely related they are to you anyway
If a word is insulting depending on who uses it, then it is insulting and shouldn't be used period. However, "negro" just means "black" and shouldn't be considered insulting.
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by AAinEqGuinea: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2015
Rivertemz:

I repeat ! This is an American problem, not ours! The black race isn't a collective, we don't go through the same rubbish here in Africa

Think so?

If you think the Black race isn't a collective why are you including a gigantic mass of Africans and no one else?

Are the byproducts of the inferiority complex (1,2,3,4,8,9,10,12,16, 26, 27) limited by continental and/or culture divides
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by Rivertemz: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Think so?

If you think the Black race isn't a collective why are you including a gigantic mass of Africans and no one else?

Are the byproducts of the inferiority complex (1,2,3,4,8,9,10,12,16, 26, 27) limited by continental and/or culture divides
The flaw in your response to mine is that you don't quite understand what I'm stating.

Nigerians aren't Brainwashed at birth to think white Aryan is superior
Maybe Zambians are,maybe Angolans are, but not every region is psycologicaly effected with the effects of whiteness or European standards like in the US or in Brazil etc..
Black on Black violence in African countries doesn't lead to a topic on race.
Neither is employment in African countries,
Neither is class in African countries.
And neither is Beauty.
The topic that should be discussed is how Neo-colonialism has affected african nations economically, socially and how it would more in the future.
Never ever a Day to Day social effect on the Black-Africans living in Africa. It's 100% different from the BS Blacks in the Western world face.
Understand that clearly.

Maybe the affects of this actual topic might still exist in african countries where there's a significant % of whites such as South Africa, to believe they are more superior than other races of people and why they feel the need to impose these ideologies on Blacks like they do in the Americas. But never assume that blacks in South Africa are brainwashed to feel more inferior to the whites that took over their land.

1 Like

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by motunphillips: 6:48am On Nov 01, 2015
I see a few typical dumb, brainwashed African responses here. if you are in Africa (and i am Nigerian),and you think you are separate from African Americans, Bahamians, Caribbeans, and all other black peoples of the world, then you are still very much asleep and in need of a wake-up stroong pill. The black race is a collective if you have done the research and studied your real history. I am only 10% in and what i have learned is mind blowing. we are a collective that were invaded, separated, raped, killed, tortured, robbed, brainwashed, enslaved, colonized, re-invaded, re-separated, redivided. etc beginning from Egypt . we dont know who we are and its disturbing what these evil race of people have done, what they did, the scale of the things that were done with determination, focus and persistence, and you have what we have today, a brainwashed , confused, race of people scattered all over- look the same but do not recognise each other.
Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by suyu: 3:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
Rivertemz:

lol, you speak the truth...I guess they didn't get that this is nairaland

1 Like

Re: 27 Ways Black People Are Brainwashed From Birth by cocoama(f): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Black people have a lot of problems. I just sometimes feel that we need to move away from blaming other people(whites etc) for our problems and start facing them.

What we first need to work on is things such as tribalism, the hate that we have for our fellow black brothers and sisters just to name a few

I can debate on and on about this but if black people want to see change then it has to start within.

(1) (Reply)

How Did A Single City (benin) Conquer An Entire Region (SW)? / The Olu Of Warri Has Taken Delivery Of His Private Jet To Celebrate His Coronati / We The Efiks Are Not Ibos - Delight Archibong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.