Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz (1294 Views)

FIRS, AGF Collaborate To Deduct VAT At Source / Phone Number For Usa And Uk Paypal Verification / Panama Papers: Dangote And Sayyu Dantata Linked To Shell Companies In Tax Havens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz by emy4all: 6:51am On Jun 27, 2015
I registered a limited liability company in 2005 but did not use it or even have a bank account for it. Right now, I want to apply for contract with this business name. The bank is requesting for tax pin number which I don't have. Will internal revenue office ask me to pay from 2005 till date? Or will they give me a waver. How much will I pay?
Re: Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz by itoese(m): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Go to any IRS office close to you. Your business will be accessed. Then you make payment. From there your TIN no will be created. Though I am not sure of this, but you pay for the current year only
Re: Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz by emy4all: 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thanks.
please I still need more information.
Re: Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz by Atk1nson(m): 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
emy4all:
Thanks.
please I still need more information.

you can walk into the nearest FIRS office (www.firs.gov.ng/contactus/Pages/FIRS-Locator.aspx) for a registration form via which u'll be given ur TIN when processed (note - that it is free and should occur within a week).

U'll also have to register for VAT.

However note that you'll likely be slammed penalty charges for non registration for tax and VAT and not filing.

However with the assistance of a gud tax adviser, a case can be made for a partial waiver
Re: Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz by MrMcJay(m): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
itoese:
Go to any IRS office close to you. Your business will be accessed. Then you make payment. From there your TIN no will be created. Though I am not sure of this, but you pay for the current year only

Considering the amount you are likely to be slammed with as fine by the FIRS, I suggest you incorporate another company to save you the costs.

Depending on who is incorporating your company, it can be done in 2 weeks.
Re: Help On How To Get Vat And Tax Pin Number For Biz by emy4all: 3:41am On Jun 28, 2015
thanks for your valuable contributions.

(1) (Reply)

BVN (diaspora): Do Both Signatories To A Joint Account Need To Register? / Do You Need Insurance Bonds To Execute Your Contracts? / I Need A Serious Partner To Start A Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.