Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year (4127 Views)

A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. / How To Earn A National Or State Award During Your NYSC Service Year / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello y'all, this is the first time I'm creating a topic and I really honestly need your candid replies and I also promise to understand your comments.
Is it really possible to differ NYSC youth service program for a year or more?
I just got this job through naija job hunt level nah, I bet you understand but my concern and fear is about leaving the job for a year program that doesn't guarantee another. I fear they might employ another person to fill my role while I'm away and the person might be exceptional, so I want to differ. I'm suppose to go with B15 but don't want.
If it's possible, pls kindly share the procedures.
Thanks
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by Tbillz(m): 8:02am On Jun 27, 2015
Its very possible. I have seen a whole lots whio differs their NYSC for next badge but not too sure of a whole year. But feel free to discuss it with your academic adviser in school. Weigh Up the positive and negative impact before taking a move though. Good luck
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by mistabiola: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2015
Yes, it is possible.
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by Idboyostic(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Very possible but I don't have idea on the procedures but you can pm @sodiqyinka on Nysc thread.... He should know the procedures
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2015
Goodnews: You can defer NYSC for as long as you like. And Yes, the procedure is quite simple too smiley

You'll only have to complete one form like that in school and write a letter undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by 2el(m): 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
sahedorf:
Hello y'all, this is the first time I'm creating a topic and I really honestly need your candid replies and I also promise to understand your comments.
Is it really possible to differ NYSC youth service program for a year or more?
I just got this job through naija job hunt level nah, I bet you understand but my concern and fear is about leaving the job for a year program that doesn't guarantee another. I fear they might employ another person to fill my role while I'm away and the person might be exceptional, so I want to differ. I'm suppose to go with B15 but don't want.
If it's possible, pls kindly share the procedures.
Thanks
Cc lalasticlala

Yes very possible, all you need to do is inform your mobilisation officer at the student affairs division of ur skul, intending him/her tobknow why u are differing, but you will aff to keep note as at when they will be compiling the list of the batch u want to follow so that u can remobilise.
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by kendraloops(f): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
yes you can. I deferred mine 3 times. Just make sure you're not 30 by the time you decide to go in for it. All the best with your job.

Meet the officer in charge at your student's affairs department, he'll put you through.
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by Johnbrainykartz(m): 12:42pm On Nov 18, 2017
Hello, this is 2017 can i still defer my service till next batch Batch A
Re: Is It Possible To Differ Nysc Service For A Year by Partnerbiz(f): 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
kendraloops:
yes you can. I deferred mine 3 times. Just make sure you're not 30 by the time you decide to go in for it. All the best with your job.

Meet the officer in charge at your student's affairs department, he'll put you through.
The 30 yrs rule applies upon graduation only.
so once you graduated under 30 then you can serve even at 45.

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn A National Or State Award During Your NYSC Service Year / NYSC Batch B 2016/2017 Stream 2 Update! / When Is NYSC Batch C 2011/2012 Passing Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.