Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) (51913 Views)

Two UNILAG Students Die In Hotel Fire (Photos) / Two OAU Students Die In Less Than 24 Hours (Photos) / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 28, 2015
The truck driver drove against traffic! I keep saying it, a lot of Nigerians are animals in human skin! No common sense at all! Find the Monkey and sentence him to life in prison with hard labor!

3 Likes

Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Chibykeray(m): 12:27am On Jun 28, 2015
tragic... RIP to the dead... remembering ma late bro who passed on same way... God will help us shaa... sad sad sad sad
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 28, 2015
hakeem4:
school no they allow us come outside
don't be daft! in fact you need a heavy knock on your brain.. when u go home for holidays..you simply disappear and teleport yourself to ur fathers house huh..?? products of private universities ehn.some of y'all reason like nursery school students.. smh embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by sexaddict08(m): 12:48am On Jun 28, 2015
afilaka:

Plz aw many ve u seen ooo,datz aw a clueless person lik u wld start sayin rubbish 2 tarnish d name of a skul.plz we ar stil mourning. ,so kip ur fkin opinion 2 ursef.

wats ur prob? didn't u see where I said maybe its media? behave o
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by clovislouis(m): 1:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Adet5:
It is soo painful, Two of victims pic are below
this is evil
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by clovislouis(m): 1:43am On Jun 28, 2015
ajahexcel:

It was a tragic Friday as 11 students of the Olabisi Onabanjo University , Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, and another passenger, died in an auto crash along Sagamu-Benin Expressway on Friday.oou accident scene images

A witness disclosed that the crash occurred at Ilishan area of Remo Local Government of the state, as a result of an head-on-collision between a truck and a Mazda bus conveying the students from Ijebu area to Lagos.

He said the crash occurred because the truck with registration number Lagos, BDG 779 XE, drove against the traffic, before ramming the oncoming Mazda bus with registration number, XV 311 MUS, killing all its occupants.

An officer of the Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Agency, Tommy Hamzat, who said he was at the scene of the crash, confirmed the claim.
“I was coming from Sagamu side and saw the accident, I had to hurriedly park my car, run there to see if the passengers could be rescued but unfortunately all the occupants were dead including the driver,” he said.

“The bus is facing Lagos, though; I don’t know where it was coming from. The container truck with no load in it was coming from Sagamu side but was driving against the traffic and that resulted in the collision which eventually claimed the lives of the innocent people,” he explained.

The police later recovered the truck for investigation, while the driver of the truck was said to have fled to avoid being mobbed by angry citizens.

When contacted, the Commander of the TRACE in Sagamu, Kehinde Arode, and the Ogun State Police Public Relations, Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident, with further affirmation that the police will commence investigation into the matter especially at getting the owner of the truck and subsequent arrest of the fleeing driver

SOURCE: NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS WEBSITE
https://twitter.com/9jascholarship/status/614716237570945024
. Look at my fellow country men and women dying like chickens everyday in Nigeria. what is Nigerian government doing abt trailers in Nigeria. Y are they been allowed to ply our roads everyday killing lives. In u.s this trailers have their own roads. God just look at young lives wasted for nothing. Nigeria is simply a death trap country
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Tapout(m): 1:44am On Jun 28, 2015
kristen12:
RIP to the dead!!!!....

Let me quickly call my brother.

hope he is safe??
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by clovislouis(m): 1:47am On Jun 28, 2015
INTROVERT:
Can some one confirm this.

Am so sorry.

RIP cry cry
what is there to confirm. Re u not seeing it
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 28, 2015
rip to the dead
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by synergycom19: 7:32am On Jun 28, 2015
When will people starts paying for their stupidity and wickedness?
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Jasperwhizz(m): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2015
R.I.P
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by bengoodcreature: 7:57am On Jun 28, 2015
R.I.P
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2015
RIP
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Moheedah: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2015
And these people never knew there lives were gon end so soon! What a pointless life!
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Dubemkelly(m): 8:45am On Jun 28, 2015
Very teary and sad... Nigerians should learn to be civilised, use the traffic rules and do what is right. RIP to the deceased, may God console your families
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by dessytutu2: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2015
rip
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Templa(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2015
This happened right in front of me on my way to Lag . Na God dey save person.. The Lebanese that owns the container even came to tow it .
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Bellajay1: 10:16am On Jun 28, 2015
RIP...
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by ayoshyne(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2015
Very sad and painful news, young lives cut short cos of negligence and carelessness of some terrible road users with already dead conscience.
Quite sad the dead can't be brought back to life. I remember plying that same route many years ago also as a student of oou, many have gone forever via that route. Only God kept many of us. RIP to the innocent souls.
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Donvic4u(m): 11:20am On Jun 28, 2015
RIP TO THE DEAD....

Uncensored news right from the source Visit www.justgist.net for Latest Happenings around you
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by mynamewilfred(m): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2015
RIP to the dead. My condolences
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by afilaka(f): 11:43am On Jun 28, 2015
sexaddict08:

wats ur prob? didn't u see where I said maybe its media? behave o

U shuld b d 1 behavin ursef.....i surf d net as much as possible n I don't tink such occurence is dat frequent.....n datz my skul,so u shuld kip ur tout 2 ursef n nt nail it on d media.
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by DONADAMS(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
RIP 2d dead.... dah was Hw I narrowly escaped too wen one truck suddenly appeared in front our bus...iono if d driver was aslip cos it was around 12am...tnk God our driver jst follow dah small path besyd d road...It was lik d movies...I was scared 2 death.. Tnk God 4ma lyf....we really nid 2do sumtin abt dese truck drivers
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by hebenezher(m): 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
ajahexcel:

It was a tragic Friday as 11 students of the Olabisi Onabanjo University , Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, and another passenger, died in an auto crash along Sagamu-Benin Expressway on Friday.oou accident scene images

A witness disclosed that the crash occurred at Ilishan area of Remo Local Government of the state, as a result of an head-on-collision between a truck and a Mazda bus conveying the students from Ijebu area to Lagos.

He said the crash occurred because the truck with registration number Lagos, BDG 779 XE, drove against the traffic, before ramming the oncoming Mazda bus with registration number, XV 311 MUS, killing all its occupants.

An officer of the Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Agency, Tommy Hamzat, who said he was at the scene of the crash, confirmed the claim.
“I was coming from Sagamu side and saw the accident, I had to hurriedly park my car, run there to see if the passengers could be rescued but unfortunately all the occupants were dead including the driver,” he said.

“The bus is facing Lagos, though; I don’t know where it was coming from. The container truck with no load in it was coming from Sagamu side but was driving against the traffic and that resulted in the collision which eventually claimed the lives of the innocent people,” he explained.

The police later recovered the truck for investigation, while the driver of the truck was said to have fled to avoid being mobbed by angry citizens.

When contacted, the Commander of the TRACE in Sagamu, Kehinde Arode, and the Ogun State Police Public Relations, Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident, with further affirmation that the police will commence investigation into the matter especially at getting the owner of the truck and subsequent arrest of the fleeing driver

SOURCE: NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS WEBSITE
https://twitter.com/9jascholarship/status/614716237570945024
did they die?
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by ArcToyin(m): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Amen ooo
Seunvense:
THIS IS BAD,MAY GOD PROTECT US FROM UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by chiamzzy: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
GODDYGEE91:
Punch reported it 2day. May their gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amen.
So painful.....some drivers can be so careless to break traffic rules and without having 2nd thought
May their souls rest in perfect peace and may God console their loved ones.....
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by Ayobami7(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
Rip
Re: 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) by TheManofTomorrow(m): 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ayobami7:
Rip
Why do you choose to resurrect all oou dead this threads?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021 / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.