Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's (933 Views)

'Save The Lives Of Your Customers' - Aba Resident Berates EEDC, Shares Photos / Sabiu Yusuf Who Lives At The Glass House, Buhari's PA / Lives Of Former Governors After Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by YouthsPC0: 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
1. Floppy disk : at a point in time it was our only source of storing data , as a university undergraduate you must have one to store either project or materials at a Business Center, it was very useful and very vulnerable.

But show it to an undergraduate today and he/she will tell you what the heck I'd this ?

3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.

Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now !

3.Cellophane water: Before the advent of pure water or what others choose to Call packaged water , Nigerian's had long been in the business.

It was simple

A. Buy a pack white nylons.

B.Fill each with tap water

C. Tie up with sack rope

D. Refrigerate

E. Start selling

Thanks to pure water this technology has been archived

4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Yes this Names still exist as games today but many have forgotten how computer games were the exclusive preserve of rich kids , as a poor kid or a child from a middle income home computer games are things you see in school with that dude whose father owns the tallest building in the city. today with= N= 100 you can get any game software its that easy !

5.VCR: Do you remember watching any Indian movie through the window of your neighbors house because your family could not afford one , you are not alone:

Movies like MAD , Distinambari 10 10 10, Mother India, Snake in the monkey shadow were all available

Towards the end of the 90s Video cassettes where everywhere but today most kids would not know what a VCR or VCP is used for, even CD and DVDs are been phased out thanks to technology

Remember Toshiba ,Sharp !

How time Flies

6. Black and white TV

At a time in our history Lucozade cellophane is the only thing that can confer color on your Black and white TV, it was a technology that lasted for a long time , you watch voltron, Super Ted every on the black and white screen every Saturday and eat white rice and stew which only come on sundays !

If you try that with your child today you won't like what the kid will tell you !

7. ___________? I will leave the Seventh Blank and allow you decide which other outdated technology made great impact on the lives of nigeria

http:///qi84IX

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Freciprocal: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by natas22: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Erukumakanaki: 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
Gameboy, Cassette rewinder, VHS, Palito torchlight Radio and among others grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Erukumakanaki: 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
natas22:
www. √ grin
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by rheether(f): 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
Old men..
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by natas22: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
Erukumakanaki:

www. √ grin
Hehe oboi you funny die lmao, you don turn to reminder lwkmd chai there is God oh I taught say na only me waka come oh.
www.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by piicity(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
You forgot to add "Bible" and "Koran"
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Minet16(m): 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thanks OP for rewinding the time, I remember when my parents followed me back to School in primary 1 to beg principal and collect back my bricks game which was seized.
cost of brick game now : N100,that is if the game still de.

I remember in primary 2, DADDY promised to buy me SEGA 1 if i come first.
cost of sega1: Dash, if the game still de.

I remember when one of our neighbours called the police and arrested one guy that stole PS1 [the then highest game on the planet]

cost of ps1 now: maybe 1k5 lol

#@MINET16
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by meforyou1(m): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
How time flies. Spot on on diskettes and floppy disc. TV and video. I remember when we used to trek for miles to go and stand outside by the window and watch voltron, vijay, snake in the monkey shadow, Dr Who etc. and when the whole family will trek for miles to go and seat in a parlour and await my sister's telephone call at 8pm, and all I would receive was "how are u? How's school?"
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by webincomeplus(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
What about the Walkman and the "Game 2000" on which we player brick game and car racing?
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by adonismuller(m): 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
7) The round music player: that round thing we put cassette and we use to do big boy then,now our music player is our phone

8 The hand computer game (game 2000): before the advent of ps2,turbor etc, there is this small handi game we bought then to play"building,dodging" (car race) etc.

9) The hausa radio....those days we bought the small hausa radio to record freestyles,listen to news etc,now na plasma we dey watch news.

10) Flying carpet....though this aint tech. But flying carpet use to help us then when we don't have money for "case" talkless os fifa
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by libertyfather(m): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
Op when ice water become technology? If no be say u analyze sef I wunt knw ur talking abt. eyezwater....u come say cellophane

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by kokoA(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Audio cd loader.. 12loaders! grin the thing go tall like up stair.
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by buskie13(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
de great relationship between a radio cassette n a pencil....if u know how this worked...then u are getting old... cool

1 Like

Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
wrong section
Re: 7 Outdated Technologies That Had Great Impact On The Lives Of Nigerian's by jpphilips(m): 12:33am On Jun 29, 2015
YouthsPC0:
1. Floppy disk : at a point in time it was our only source of storing data , as a university undergraduate you must have one to store either project or materials at a Business Center, it was very useful and very vulnerable.

But show it to an undergraduate today and he/she will tell you what the heck I'd this ?

3 GSM Antenna : its very easy to forget how time flies , when the global system for Mobile telecommunication was introduced in Nigeria only major cities had access to the Network , in some areas people had to climb trees or mountains with their Nokia 3310 or Samsung R220 to get network.

Those days call centers had GSM antenna attached to a phones to enable acquire signal,all that is history now !

3.Cellophane water: Before the advent of pure water or what others choose to Call packaged water , Nigerian's had long been in the business.

It was simple

A. Buy a pack white nylons.

B.Fill each with tap water

C. Tie up with sack rope

D. Refrigerate

E. Start selling

Thanks to pure water this technology has been archived

4,Nintendo, Sega and Un branded Games

Yes this Names still exist as games today but many have forgotten how computer games were the exclusive preserve of rich kids , as a poor kid or a child from a middle income home computer games are things you see in school with that dude whose father owns the tallest building in the city. today with= N= 100 you can get any game software its that easy !

5.VCR: Do you remember watching any Indian movie through the window of your neighbors house because your family could not afford one , you are not alone:

Movies like MAD , Distinambari 10 10 10, Mother India, Snake in the monkey shadow were all available

Towards the end of the 90s Video cassettes where everywhere but today most kids would not know what a VCR or VCP is used for, even CD and DVDs are been phased out thanks to technology

Remember Toshiba ,Sharp !

How time Flies

6. Black and white TV

At a time in our history Lucozade cellophane is the only thing that can confer color on your Black and white TV, it was a technology that lasted for a long time , you watch voltron, Super Ted every on the black and white screen every Saturday and eat white rice and stew which only come on sundays !

If you try that with your child today you won't like what the kid will tell you !

7. ___________? I will leave the Seventh Blank and allow you decide which other outdated technology made great impact on the lives of nigeria

http:///qi84IX

Turn table player and gramophone abi you no meet am?
Land line, fax machines and typewriter.

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun / President Buhari's Wonderful Achievements So Far / Jeremaihic Prophecy: Nigeria Now In The Shoe Of Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.