Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,813 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? (40244 Views)

Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Nigeria And Your Reason/s? / Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by ademega(m): 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
How airtel scammed me
I didn't ask them to advitise or send any awoof to me oh.

I received this message from airtel

"More than enough data at N3500 for 9GB. Dial *438*1# NOW, valid for 60 days. To know more visit: http:///9GBdata"

Unfortunately ,I recieved this message some days before the expiration of my data bundle. Before, I used to get the 2k bundle for 2gb data which usually last between 15 to 20 days. So ,when I saw this message I thought it wasn't bad an idea in as much its going to take me 60 good days. I had to borrow the money after several complains in this period of economy hardship. I subscribed on 24th of May 2015 ,the message I received was this

"Your Balances are Bundle Pack: 9216MB till 24-Jun"

In actual fact , I thought it was a mistake from them or they divided it into two parts, believing I would receive the remaining part of the message the following month .
Funny enough on 25th of June I discovered my internet wasn't going through , first of all i thought it was due to the heavy rain the previous night . I waited till evening before my brain told me that most likely this people don do me wayo. I was like ,it wasn't possible since they usually send me warning messages that my subscription would soon expire . they have been consistence about this since I joined the network . after so much mind delibration , I decided to call their customer care to find out what was happening . to my greatest suprise , I was told my subscription has expired . when I told the lady about the message sent to me initially , she said they have cancelled it that it was no longer 60 days but 30 days. I was furious . I told her they were not different from armed robbers. I said it wasn't their fault ,that it was the fault of the useless government .
Most painful part was that , I was managing this data so that at least it could take me between 45 to 55 days. If I had known or receive a message from them about canceling the awoof , I would have downloaded the remaining mb before it expire.

Is this not a fraud from airtel ?. it was like getting out of a contract midway without informing the party involve .

I know I can't do anything but at least people should be weary of their awoof.

5 Likes

Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Aitee1: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Cyriloha:

chaii my black queen na laffia you dey?

Nope! Raffia not lafia sad
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by spencekat(m): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
In the pecking order:Etisalat,Glo,MTN and Airtel.Etibaba is the number one.
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by afolwalex20(m): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Ogidi Idemili North local government headquarters Anambra state
**faints**

1 Like

Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by blesoh(f): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
Mtn is fast for me,had to give my etisalat leave cos of its data consumption.

1 Like

Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Hazardd(m): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
it all depend on your location..., airtel work well for me
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by damiloladuke: 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
guess it's Etisalat

READ MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANNA LAUGH TONIGHT
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by aprokov247: 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Mtel and visafone
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Adesiji77: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Etisalat, for now....I have used Airtel, MTN and Glo for mobile internet.
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Depends on where i am, at home Glo, at school Etisalat, at work Mtn, at church Airtel. In a nutshell non is the best

1 Like

Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by jtjohn(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
GLO.....Mtn na d worst network ever
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by ogwoliun: 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
glo to slow, u go get mb to use an nawaha

1 Like

Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
jerflakes:

E be like say your cousin go uk come back, you come dey form with him lebara mobile.
lol..u sha want us to know that even you sef sabi that side bah?
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by timi4uall(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
MTM na so my aboki frnds dey call am
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Airtel...
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by peeparty(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
jerflakes:
Etisalat.

But those guys dey scam us o.

Their data reading is fake.

1mb = 3mb.

Those guys are crooks!!

But the good thing is that they give bonus data.

AH SWEAR!!!

bonus data?i never recieve am bfo oo
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Adesiji77: 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Aitee1:

Nope! Raffia not lafia sad

Which one is "Raffia" City?
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
bissy93:
Depends on where i am, at home Glo, at school Etisalat, at work Mtn, at church Airtel. In a nutshell non is the best
Laugh wan finish me....

Very true... No one is even below average...
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by jerflakes(m): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
soe:
lol..u sha want us to know that even you sef sabi that side bah?

I dey do am wella na.

Abi you no be naija boy?
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
afolwalex20:
**faints**
**pour him ogogoro** why fainting?
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by gajerian(m): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
Unabefool:
Among Glo, etisalat, mtn and airtel, which of the network providers has really satisfied you in terms of fast internet speed, fair data consumption and good network coverage?

For me, I have tested all networks but I prefer etisalat for it super fast internet speed. Though they need to improve on their data consumption rate and network coverage.

How about you? Let know what you think smiley

For it depends on the strength of the network, subscription price etc.
GLO the best here

Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by CHIMSKY(m): 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
For some reason, Airtel does it for me now.They are fast in my neck of the woods.With laptop and tablet.
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
Unabefool:
Among Glo, etisalat, mtn and airtel, which of the network providers has really satisfied you in terms of fast internet speed, fair data consumption and good network coverage?

For me, I have tested all networks but I prefer etisalat for it super fast internet speed. Though they need to improve on their data consumption rate and network coverage.

How about you? Let know what you think smiley

empty hen
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Chinaboi(m): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
AIRTEL
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Glo is the best any day any time....
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
It all depends on your location.
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by dhorlipizzu(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
In other words, we that uses bb10 are not much... na tecno n nokia users pplenty pass.... as for me na Glo sexy pass grin
Re: Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria? by ddbluv: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
I recently purchased Airtel 3500 1+1 offer of 9Gb, after being successful, I loaded extra N500 for call credit just this week, they zapped my call credit and it showed I have no data plan. I was sceptical at first as it showed i had 228mb instead of 9,024mb, I thought it read from 0 - 9000 as i kept using it instead of from 9000 - 0mb.
I also figured the N500 was zapped because i was removed from the plan so I was charged as PAYU user. I lodged complain at ICM 3 days ago and the Airtel attendant told me they can suscribe me to the former plan but cant return my money (N500). How is that my fault when
1) If the network hadnt removed me from my plan, I would still have my call credit and my data would have been charged from my plan
2) I would accept their excuse only if my plan got finished and was subsequently charged from the plan, then its due to my lack of funds for renewal.
The dude then said theres nothing he can do about it, I should wait for 2 days to be subscribed, its 3 days and still no show.
Airtel are just CRAP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Your Really Need To Stop Free Browsing Tweaks. / Etisalat Unveils Their Night Data Plan; Checkout / How To Renew Your Airtel Night Plan Of N50 For 1.5gb And N25 For 500mb The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.