Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? (9884 Views)

‘my Pastor Husband Conspired To Sacrifice Me For Ritual’- Wife (photo) / See The Sacrifice Form RCCG Gave Members Asking For Houses, Cars, Lands & Money / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
DravenCreighton:

No, but his biological father did, atleast according to christians.
Just like the biological father (Abraham) of Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak and Shuah had to do when he was still alive. (find that in Genesis 25:1-4).
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Scholar8200:

The highlighted (1st) alone already shows that Hagar was Sarah's bondwoman hence there's nothing strange if she was sent away.

Yes, second marriages were indeed common but the highlighted superseded that privilege; meaning the mistress could end such union! Else why did every one including Hagar refer to herself as a maid even after Ishmael was born?

Genesis 16:6,9

6 But Abram said to Sarai, See here, your maid is in your hands and power; do as you please with her. And when Sarai dealt severely with her, humbling and afflicting her, she [Hagar] fled from her.
7 But [a]the Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness on the road to Shur.
8 And He said, Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where did you come from, and where are you intending to go? And she said, I am running away from my mistress Sarai.
9 The Angel of the Lord said to her, Go back to your mistress and [humbly] submit to her control.

Meanwhile, my reference to marital covenant was as it concerns the first and legal wife according to God's purpose from the beginning:

Malachi 2:14
14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

Lol! Why would the bible refer to her as a mistress after that? Contradictions!mthats something thats common with the bible.

So because she was a bond woman, it was okay for Abraham to send her and the child gave to him through her away? I thought he even married this bond woman?

And the verse you quoted speaks of a first wife, a wife in someone's youth, not all wives. That's if I'm to accept everything in the bible.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
Just like the biological father (Abraham) of Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak and Shuah had to do when he was still alive. (find that in Genesis 25:1-4).

Had to do what? Please, if he abandoned them as well don't even dig a larger hole for yourself,
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Lol! Why would the bible refer to her as a mistress after that? Contradictions!mthats something thats common with the bible.

So because she was a bond woman, it was okay for Abraham to send her and the child gave to him through her away? I thought he even married this bond woman?

And the verse you quoted speaks of a first wife, a wife in someone's youth, not all wives. That's if I'm to accept everything in the bible.

Going by this premise you quoted:
It must not be forgotten that female slaves constituted a part of the private patrimony or possessions of a wife, and that she had a right, according to the usages of those times, to dispose of them as she pleased, the husband having no authority in the case.

I may obtain children by her.
The slave being the absolute property of the mistress, not only her person, but the fruits of her labour, with all her children, were her owner's property also.
(Then Sarah's decision to send them away after she had her own son is upheld thereby!.)
I believe the conclusion is perfectly logical!
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Had to do what? Please, if he abandoned them as well don't even dig a larger hole for yourself,
Hole? Can you prove that the contrary happened? What then would you say to Isaac's sending Jacob away where he remained for twenty years? (In fact Rebecca was dead by the time he came back!.)
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by malvisguy212: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Demmzy15:

God's covenant was 'circumcision' and this was done to Ishmael and other men in the household of Abraham, many years before Isaac was even born!

"This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you."

Genesis 17:10-11

So Abraham immediately circumcises himself and Ishmael, the father of the Arabs (Genesis 17:23), thus establishing God's covenant with Ishmael.

You should know that this covenant was applied to Isaac but it was fulfilled through Ishmael!
which covenant God established with Isaac?
Genesis 17:23
On that very day Abraham took his son
Ishmael and all those born in his
household or bought with his money,
every male in his household, and
circumcised them, as God told him.

Abraham circumcised ishmael as God told him mean God established his covenant with him? Both the quran and bible say the covenant God established with Isaac is the PROPHETIC RACE,

Psalms 105:7-10: “He is Jehovah our
God. His judgement are in all the
earth. He has remembered his
covenant even forever, the word
which he commanded to a thousand
generations, the covenant which he
concluded with Abraham, And his
sworn statement to Isaac, And which
statement he kept standing as a
statue even to Jacob, As an
EVERLASTING COVENANT to Israel.”

Surah 29:27: And (as for Abraham),
We bestowed upon him Isaac and
(Isaac’s son) Jacob, and caused
prophethood and revelation to
continue among his offspring.

The covenant is everlasting one and it's a prophetic covenant, and this covenant continue in his OFFSPRING

If Allah intends to include Ishmael, his name would be placed before Isaac, as he was older than Isaac by fourteen years. Muhammed cannot be a descended of Isaac and at the same time ishmael.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
Jcross19

I have been banned from the islam for muslims section, I don't know what I did or who I offended, I will respond you as soon as the ban is lifted Gods willing if I remember.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by plainbibletruth: 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
DravenCreighton:
Jcross19

I have been banned from the islam for muslims section, I don't know what I did or who I offended, I will respond you as soon as the ban is lifted Gods willing if I remember.

Maybe you should change your name to something more 'Islamic'?
wink wink wink
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by plainbibletruth: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
I see that our friends have REFuSEd to answer questions they know clearly show the weakness of their position. 

The ONLY son that Abraham had with his CHOICE wife Sarah is Isaac. Even in the Quran Abraham's relationship with Sarah is the one projected; not any other least of all between him and Hagar. 

Why anyone would therefore downplay the child of promise, born through divine intervention, by these two and choose to go with one who was born normally by the maid, beats the imagination, except that these guys have a "logic" they work by. That 'logic' discard clear facts, supernatural hand of God and specific declarations by God. That 'logic' chooses tradition over all other. It's a 'logic' that runs on preconceived notions rather clear evidence. 

For example, "we gave him.......Isaac" and "we blessed him and Isaac" surely ought to indicate to any perceptive mind that there is more to this than the normal or ordinary. 

What many have chosen to do is to re-write history. But somehow history has included in the Quran evidence of the supernatural here and there that should make the discerning SEE the truth. And only the truth sets free. 

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 11:58am On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
If you appreciate God's stance towards the marital covenant, you will understand why Isaac remained the Child of Promise and Judah was the direct patriarch of the Seed - Jesus Christ - in Whom all the Nations of the World was to be blessed.

No one is arguing based on that, my position is that Ishmael got his share because he was the FIRSTBORN and also a seed of Abraham.
Scholar8200:

So also was Midian, Jokshan, Medan, Zimran etc all who were offsprings of Abraham. The reference through whom the covenant was to be perpetuated therefore had to be specified!
No need to mention all this nations, we're talking about Ishmael and Isaac in which God placed emphasis on!
Scholar8200:

Still you appear to be denying the express declaration in Genesis 17:21
21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
God promises to establish his covenant with all of Abraham's "seed" without exception:

"And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.."
Genesis 17:7-8.

God now informs Abraham that his covenant shall be given through circumcision, so Abraham immediately circumcises himself and Ishmael, the father of the Arabs (Genesis 17:23), thus establishing God's covenant with Ishmael. I gave you an example of someone who says: "I love my parents" and then a few days later says "I love my mother." Does this mean that he does not love his father? After Ishmael fulfilled the covenant when Isaac wasn't even born, God then told him to fulfill it also with Isaac since he's a seed too!
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
But contradicting Genesis 17:21
But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

Else would you make a case for Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak and Shuah? They were Abraham's seed too and they must have been circumcised! God is not the author of confusion!

Genesis 15:4 speaks of a heir- single

Genesis 15: 13 gives a prophecy of what will be experienced by the heir's descendants. No such happened to Ishmael's descendants!Why? he was not the reference!!!

Only one Prophet came from Ishmael's descendants and many came from. You claim it was Isaac that ought to be sacrificed, but that's a contradiction. Here:-

Genesis 17:19, Abraham was promised:

"Your wife Sarah shall bear you a son whose name shall be Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant [and] with his seed after him."

Because God promised to give Sarah a child from Abraham and grandchildren from that child, it is neither logically nor practically possible for God to command Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, since God neither breaks his promise, nor is He the "author of confusion."

This shows you that some tampered with the words of God, they did that so as nothing would apply to Ishmael. No doubt Isaac and descendants were blessed with men of God and Prophets, but Ishmael wasn't left out and the last Prophet who is the leader of all came from his descendants(Muhammad).
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
Going by this premise you quoted:
It must not be forgotten that female slaves constituted a part of the private patrimony or possessions of a wife, and that she had a right, according to the usages of those times, to dispose of them as she pleased, the husband having no authority in the case.

I may obtain children by her.
The slave being the absolute property of the mistress, not only her person, but the fruits of her labour, with all her children, were her owner's property also.
(Then Sarah's decision to send them away after she had her own son is upheld thereby!.)
I believe the conclusion is perfectly logical!
When we look critically into why Hagar was sent away, we find a lot of inconsistencies.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
which covenant God established with Isaac?
Genesis 17:23
On that very day Abraham took his son
Ishmael and all those born in his
household or bought with his money,
every male in his household, and
circumcised them, as God told him.
Yes! Covenant established and fulfilled!
malvisguy212:

Abraham circumcised ishmael as God told him mean God established his covenant with him? Both the quran and bible say the covenant God established with Isaac is the PROPHETIC RACE,
Lie!! Now you Christians run to the Qur’an, I thought you said it was a fabricated book?! Smh. Read all my replies with Scholar8200, I've explained then we'll.
malvisguy212:

Psalms 105:7-10: “He is Jehovah our
God. His judgement are in all the
earth. He has remembered his
covenant even forever, the word
which he commanded to a thousand
generations, the covenant which he
concluded with Abraham, And his
sworn statement to Isaac, And which
statement he kept standing as a
statue even to Jacob, As an
EVERLASTING COVENANT to Israel.”
Of course the Bible wants us to believe it's all about Isaac when in fact it contradicts and shows otherwise. I'm not surprised!
malvisguy212:

Surah 29:27: And (as for Abraham),
We bestowed upon him Isaac and
(Isaac’s son) Jacob, and caused
prophethood and revelation to
continue among his offspring.
The verse you quoted shows nothing as such. We Muslims believe in Isaac and in fact you're not a complete Muslim if you don't believe in Isaac. Most Prophets were from the progeny of Isaac with one from Ishmael. The covenant was fulfilled with the seed of Abraham which is Ishmael(FIRSTBORN).
malvisguy212:

The covenant is everlasting one and it's a prophetic covenant, and this covenant continue in his OFFSPRING
Of course, if you use this criteria it applies to both of them!
malvisguy212:

If Allah intends to include Ishmael, his name would be placed before Isaac, as he was older than Isaac by fourteen years. Muhammed cannot be a descended of Isaac and at the same time ishmael.
Maybe God mentioned Ishmael no one knows because of how men have tampered with the Bible, Jews in Arabia said the truth about the covenant. An example is when God said "sacrifice thy only son Isaac" do you honestly think we're fools. Isaac was never the only son of Abraham, but Ishmael. This is another deliberate interpolation by the scribes and don't know where more still exist. Even this issue at ground, I can't completely win this argument because surely there are still more interpolation which would suite you all.

Muhammad(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) never claimed to be a progeny of Isaac but Ishmael, so this is why I say it applies to Ishmael!
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
plainbibletruth:
[s]I see that our friends have REFuSEd to answer questions they know clearly show the weakness of their position. 

The ONLY son that Abraham had with his CHOICE wife Sarah is Isaac. Even in the Quran Abraham's relationship with Sarah is the one projected; not any other least of all between him and Hagar. 

Why anyone would therefore downplay the child of promise, born through divine intervention, by these two and choose to go with one who was born normally by the maid, beats the imagination, except that these guys have a "logic" they work by. That 'logic' discard clear facts, supernatural hand of God and specific declarations by God. That 'logic' chooses tradition over all other. It's a 'logic' that runs on preconceived notions rather clear evidence. 

For example, "we gave him.......Isaac" and "we blessed him and Isaac" surely ought to indicate to any perceptive mind that there is more to this than the normal or ordinary. 

What many have chosen to do is to re-write history. But somehow history has included in the Quran evidence of the supernatural here and there that should make the discerning SEE the truth. And only the truth sets free. [/s]
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Demmzy15:

God promises to establish his covenant with all of Abraham's "seed" without exception:

"And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.."
Genesis 17:7-8.
If you consider the context above, God was referring to descendant - Israelites that came from Isaac- they were the ones that God reiterated this promise to:

Exodus 6:7,8
and I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the Lord.

God now informs Abraham that his covenant shall be given through circumcision, so Abraham immediately circumcises himself and Ishmael, the father of the Arabs (Genesis 17:23), thus establishing God's covenant with Ishmael
Abraham was asked to circumcise himself and all the males in his house but GOD specifically named who, of Abraham's sons, HE would continue/perpetuate the covenant with:
Genesis 17:10-12,19
10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

As per the highlighted, the covenant was primarily between God and Abraham and after Abraham,Abraham's seed. Verse 19 specifies which seed it was. It will be wrong to say everybody circumcised became a party to the covenant. At that time, servants and their kids were viewed as the properties of their masters.

. I gave you an example of someone who says: "I love my parents" and then a few days later says "I love my mother." Does this mean that he does not love his father? After Ishmael fulfilled the covenant when Isaac wasn't even born, God then told him to fulfill it also with Isaac since he's a seed too!
Abraham, the primary focus of the covenant, circumcised himself and all the males under him. You cant say Ishmael fulfilled the covenant since Abraham was alive! Did the other slaves also fulfil the covenant because they were circumcised? Abraham was the one to whom the command came and he fulfilled it by circumcising all the males according to the command.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
Demmzy15:

Yes! Covenant established and fulfilled!
by Abraham to whom the command came!

The verse you quoted shows nothing as such. We Muslims believe in Isaac and in fact you're not a complete Muslim if you don't believe in Isaac. Most Prophets were from the progeny of Isaac with one from Ishmael. The covenant was fulfilled with the seed of Abraham which is Ishmael(FIRSTBORN).
Pls this firstborn criteria was never mentioned.Let's leave it out. Ishmael was blessed just because he was also from Abraham but God made it clear who he will establish his covenant with.

Maybe God mentioned Ishmael no one knows because of how men have tampered with the Bible, Jews in Arabia said the truth about the covenant. An example is when God said "sacrifice thy only son Isaac" do you honestly think we're fools. Isaac was never the only son of Abraham, but Ishmael. This is another deliberate interpolation by the scribes and don't know where more still exist. Even this issue at ground, I can't completely win this argument because surely there are still more interpolation which would suite you all.

When did they tamper with the Bible? The Torah was in existence more than 10 centuries before Mohammed came then at what point was it tampered with? and to what purpose since the Torah was in existence and in use all along?

Other books of the Bible eg Hebrews written around 63 AD (more than 4 centuries before Mohammed came) clearly spells out who was to be sacrificed and the reason, how come and in what sense was it tampered with?

Some speak of jealousy but were they envisaging Mohammed's coming (5 centuries earlier!!!) and were jealous?!

They were expecting the Messiah and that was their hope what then?!

As to the Jews in Arabia, perhaps if you appreciate what was said about the Jews when they rejected the Messiah's first coming you will realise that their words should not be brought up here!

Consider this timeline:

Genesis 21: Isaac was born, Ishmael was 13+ years old. After Isaac was born Ishmael was sent away. Sarah was 90.

Genesis 22: Abraham is tested after the events in chapter 21.

Genesis 23: Sarah dies at 127 years

Meaning the events in the 3 chapters happened within (127-90) 37 years when Isaac being the only one with his father would have grown and year after year will be reckoned as Abraham's only son in the sense of the being only one left with him.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
Demmzy15:

When we look critically into why Hagar was sent away, we find a lot of inconsistencies. In fact the Bible clearly shows that Hagar was sent away even before Isaac was born!
Kindly Prove this allegation from the Bible
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
If you consider the context above, God was referring to descendant - Israelites that came from Isaac- they were the ones that God reiterated this promise to:

Exodus 6:7,8
and I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the Lord.
@emboldened and underlined, this swearing God talked about can be found in Genesis 22:15-18, now we'll study and analyze that verse critically. Here:

15 The angel of the LORD called to Abraham from heaven a second time
16 and said, "I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son,
17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,
18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

On a side note, it is interesting to know that the Jews, throughout all of history, had always been an extreme minority among all nations of the earth. In fact, they are so few in numbers, that they've always had this paranoia and fear that they might just go extinct one day. So most certainly, the offsprings of Isaac, who are what are known as the People of Israel, are not as numerous as the stars in the sky and the sand in the seashore. You might try to counter this by saying that Christianity and Judaism, combined, are the offspring of Jacob.

My response to this is:-

1-This is not true, because Christianity today is overwhelmingly and mostly made up of people who are not only not from Isaac's bloodline, but are also outside the Middle East altogether. The Isaacs and add on top of them the Ishmaelite Christians and Jews are close to nil in numbers when compared to the total Christian population world-wide.
2- Ishmaelite Christians (Arabs Christians) exist today.
3- Again, Christians from Isaac's bloodline are near nil in numbers when compared to the total Christian population world-wide.
4- The biblical verses clearly speak about descendents of Isaac. Christianity is not just limited to Isaac.
5- Only Judaism today and throughout history declares to be from Isaac and his bloodline.

The descendants will take possession of the cities of their armies:

Furthermore, let me shed some light upon the following quote from above:
"...Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies..." (Genesis 22:17)
The following points are important to know:
1- All of the Jews' wars were limited to Palestine and in Palestine.
2- They certainly, again, were not as numerous in numbers "as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore".
3- The Muslims(Arabs) , however, did spread throughout the whole world, and stretched from the borders of France all the way to the borders of China, and they were deep in Asia, Europe and Africa. They are descendents of Abraham, but not from Isaac. They are Ishmaelite.
4- Could it be that because the Bible is corrupt, those who altered the original accounts forgot to alter this piece?
5- Again, the Jews were too limited in numbers, conquering and conquests.
But anyway, be as it may regarding the number of the Jews, Christians and the Muslims throughout history and throughout the world, my question here is this:

In light of the fables and historical errors above, can we really trust the account about Abraham and Isaac to be true?
Scholar8200:

Abraham was asked to circumcise himself and all the males in his house but GOD specifically named who, of Abraham's sons, HE would continue/perpetuate the covenant with:
Genesis 17:10-12,19
10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

As per the highlighted, the covenant was primarily between God and Abraham and after Abraham,Abraham's seed. Verse 19 specifies which seed it was. It will be wrong to say everybody circumcised became a party to the covenant. At that time, servants and their kids were viewed as the properties of their masters.
This also applies to Ishmael, like I said earlier just because most Prophets were from Isaac's progeny doesn't mean he wasn't blessed!
Scholar8200:

Abraham, the primary focus of the covenant, circumcised himself and all the males under him. You cant say Ishmael fulfilled the covenant since Abraham was alive! Did the other slaves also fulfil the covenant because they were circumcised? Abraham was the one to whom the command came and he fulfilled it by circumcising all the males according to the command.
The Bible has always been mentioning 'seed' even before Isaac was born, it mentioned singularity for only Isaac when in fact Isaac wasn't even born. Ishmael is his only seed as at the time Isaac wasn't born, so when other men were circumcised they weren't his seed!
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Rilwayne001: 1:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
Demmzy15:

Maybe God mentioned Ishmael no one knows because of how men have tampered with the Bible,

The false pen of the scribe was in the hand of the Jews who edited the Books of Moses, as the prophet Jeremiah bewails:

How do ye say, We are wise, and the law (the Torah) of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in VAIN made he it; the PEN OF THE SCRIBE IS IN VAIN." Jeremiah 8:8

When the Jews are found to convert an Israelite into an Ishmaelite when no motives are involved, then how much easier for them to change the word "you only son Ishmael" to : your only son Isaac!"

To confirm the Jewish sickness in the Bible:

"Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ithra an Israelite . . . " 2 Samuel 17:25

Contadicted by

". . . and the father of Amasa was Jether (dame as Ithra) the Ishmaelite." 1 Chronicles 2:17

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The false pen of the scribe was in the hand of the Jews who edited the Books of Moses, as the prophet Jeremiah bewails:

How do ye say, We are wise, and the law (the Torah) of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in VAIN made he it; the PEN OF THE SCRIBE IS IN VAIN." Jeremiah 8:8

When the Jews are found to convert an Israelite into an Ishmaelite when no motives are involved, then how much easier for them to change the word "you only son Ishmael" to : your only son Isaac!"

"Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ithra an Israelite . . . " 2 Samuel 17:25

Contadicted by

". . . and the father of Amasa was Jether (dame as Ithra) the Ishmaelite." 1 Chronicles 2:17

grin grin
Bro you wan cause trouble ba? grin grin grin
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
Kindly Prove this allegation from the Bible
Why was Hagar and her son sent away?
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Rilwayne001: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
Demmzy15:

Bro you wan cause trouble ba? grin grin grin

The jews forgot to change Ishmaelite in 1 Chronicles 2:17 to Israelite as they have done in 2 Samuel 17:25 to suit their own desire. grin grin dayumm, I don catch them.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
by Abraham to whom the command came!
Pls this firstborn criteria was never mentioned.Let's leave it out. Ishmael was blessed just because he was also from Abraham but God made it clear who he will establish his covenant with.
That criteria is very important!
Scholar8200:

When did they tamper with the Bible? The Torah was in existence more than 10 centuries before Mohammed came then at what point was it tampered with? and to what purpose since the Torah was in existence and in use all along?
It could be tampered at anytime just not to fit Ishmael. Have you heard of the "Reformation"?! The Bible came 900years after the death of Prophet Muhammad when the enmity between Muslims and Christians was great! The Jews before then might have tampered with it so as to prove Ishmael inferior because he's mother was a bond woman.
Scholar8200:

Other books of the Bible eg Hebrews written around 63 AD (more than 4 centuries before Mohammed came) clearly spells out who was to be sacrificed and the reason, how come and in what sense was it tampered with?

Some speak of jealousy but were they envisaging Mohammed's coming (5 centuries earlier!!!) and were jealous?!
A great deal of the Bible was tampered to make Ishmael an inferior and the Reformation also did tampered with the Bible. One can't explain why of over some 20,000 manuscripts only 73 was chosen!
Scholar8200:

They were expecting the Messiah and that was their hope what then?!
Jesus came who was the last from the Israelites, while Prophet Muhammad was the one and only from the Ishmaelites.
Scholar8200:

As to the Jews in Arabia, perhaps if you appreciate what was said about the Jews when they rejected the Messiah's first coming you will realise that their words should not be brought up here!
You should know that most of Jesus's disciples were Jews. Some believed others disbelieved.
Scholar8200:

Consider this timeline:
Ok
Scholar8200:

Genesis 21: Isaac was born, Ishmael was 13+ years old. After Isaac was born Ishmael was sent away. Sarah was 90.

Genesis 22: Abraham is tested after the events in chapter 21.

Genesis 23: Sarah dies at 127 years

Meaning the events in the 3 chapters happened within (127-90) 37 years when Isaac being the only one with his father would have grown and year after year will be reckoned as Abraham's only son in the sense of the being only one left with him.
Nothing like that, as at when Abraham was talking to God frequently none was born and even when they were born Ishmael was with him. Islamically we believe Abraham constantly visited Ishmael and his mother.

1 Like

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:

The jews forgot to change Ishmaelite in 1 Chronicles 2:17 to Israelite as they have done in 2 Samuel 17:25 to suit their own desire. grin grin dayumm, I don catch them.
Bro stop na! grin grin you open some people cage o! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Contadicted by

grin grin

Lool! Saul Alvarez wins by way of K.O.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Rilwayne001: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Demmzy15:
Bro stop na! grin grin you open some people cage o! grin
Okay lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Rilwayne001: 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
DravenCreighton:

Lool! Saul Alvarez wins by way of K.O.
Lol. I don't even know Saul Alvarez.
Was he one of those scribe that tampered with the bible? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol. I don't even know Saul Alvarez.

Was he one of those scribe that tampered with the bible? grin grin

Naah, he's my favorite boxer.

Just a coincidence he has the same name with the wolf in sheep clothing.
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol. I don't even know [size=14pt]Saul Alvarez.

Was he one of those scribe that tampered with the bible? grin grin [/size]
grin grin grin gringringrin
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
Demmzy15:

@emboldened and underlined, this swearing God talked about can be found in Genesis 22:15-18, now we'll study and analyze that verse critically. Here:

15 The angel of the LORD called to Abraham from heaven a second time
16 and said, "I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son,
17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,
18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

On a side note, it is interesting to know that the Jews, throughout all of history, had always been an extreme minority [/b]among all nations of the earth. [b]In fact, they are so few in numbers, that they've always had this paranoia and fear that they might just go extinct one day. So most certainly, the offsprings of Isaac, who are what are known as the People of Israel, are not as numerous as the stars in the sky and the sand in the seashore.
Can you give a proof of the allegation highlighted? And to what end and which nation was Isaiah 10:22 referring to?
22 For though your population, O Israel, be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of it will return [and survive]. The [fully completed] destruction is decreed (decided upon and brought to an issue); it overflows with justice and righteousness [the infliction of just punishment].

By the way,"be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth" was God's blessing on all creation so I'd rather focus on the peculiar specifics.

You might try to counter this by saying that Christianity and Judaism, combined, are the offspring of Jacob.
What if I had another point like I already raised?!

My response to this is:-

1-This is not true, because Christianity today is overwhelmingly and mostly made up of people who are not only not from Isaac's bloodline, but are also outside the Middle East altogether. The Isaacs and add on top of them the Ishmaelite Christians and Jews are close to nil in numbers when compared to the total Christian population world-wide.
2- Ishmaelite Christians (Arabs Christians) exist today.
3- Again, Christians from Isaac's bloodline are near nil in numbers when compared to the total Christian population world-wide.
4- The biblical verses clearly speak about descendents of Isaac. Christianity is not just limited to Isaac.
5- Only Judaism today and throughout history declares to be from Isaac and his bloodline.

Well,you are being here pre-emptive though I wont have raised these points simply because God had already said to Abraham & Isaac respectively:
Genesis 22:18
18 and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Genesis 26:1,4,5a
1...And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
4 and I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; 5 because that Abraham obeyed my voice,

And Jacob (son of Isaac) when dying said of the tribe of Judah (whence came the Seed- Jesus Christ)
Genesis 49:10
10 The scepter or leadership shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, until Shiloh [the Messiah, the Peaceful One] comes to Whom it belongs, and to Him shall be the obedience of the people.

This reply given above is a continuation to the penultimate one and also clears the misconception that the Q&A you gave above suggests.

The descendants will take possession of the cities of their armies:
Furthermore, let me shed some light upon the following quote from above:
"...Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies..." (Genesis 22:17)
The following points are important to know:
1- All of the Jews' wars were limited to Palestine and in Palestine.
You would do well to back your claims with proofs.Meanwhile,
before we proceed, at what time in history did this occur to Ishmael's descendants:

Genesis 15:13,14
13 And [God] said to Abram, Know positively that your descendants will be strangers dwelling as temporary residents in a land that is not theirs [Egypt], and they will be slaves there and will be afflicted and oppressed for 400 years.
14 But I will bring judgment on that nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with great possessions.

3- The Muslims(Arabs) , however, did spread throughout the whole world, and stretched from the borders of France all the way to the borders of China, and they were deep in Asia, Europe and Africa. They are descendents of Abraham, but not from Isaac. They are Ishmaelite.
Are Arabs the only descendants of Ishmael? They spread but did they multiply? The French, Chinese,Asians,Europeans and Africans were and are different from Arabs! That you find a nigerian in every part of the world could be described as spread but that neither makes all those places Nigeria nor does it suggest that Nigeria is the World's most populous! In any case provide your proofs to the contrary!

4- Could it be that because the Bible is corrupt, those who altered the original accounts forgot to alter this piece?
Altered when and by whom in view of what to prove which point? Altered but they will include all the terrible sins and backslidings of their fathers and the captivity and judgement their sins attracted?! Altered but they will include the fact that they were many times unfaithful and were judged repeatedly by a Holy God?! Altered and yet history and archaeology attests to its contents!

In light of the fables and historical errors above, can we really trust the account about Abraham and Isaac to be true?
On the contrary, since all the prophets and kings were from Isaac's descendant, and that all the prophecies concerning captivity and deliverance were fulfilled on same, I wonder what errors are referred to!

This also applies to Ishmael, like I said earlier just because most Prophets were from Isaac's progeny doesn't mean he wasn't blessed!
Then how do you explained God saying specifically to Isaac:
Genesis 26:4,5a

4 and I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; 5 because that Abraham obeyed my voice,

The Bible has always been mentioning 'seed' even before Isaac was born, it mentioned singularity for only Isaac when in fact Isaac wasn't even born. Ishmael is his only seed as at the time Isaac wasn't born, so when other men were circumcised they weren't his seed!
But since He is not the author of confusion, God specified who it was that will be taking after Abraham! He did not leave it to speculation!
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Scholar8200(m): 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Contadicted by

grin grin
The name Ithra/Jether was an Israelite name. (see another Jether son of Gideon in Judges 8:20.) Jether married an Israelite (Abigail) hence he became son-in-law and/or legal son (for geneaology purposes) to Abigail's father, in this sense we can logically say he was also an Israelite. That he bore an Israelite name simply means he must have been an Israelite (by other means except descent) whose Ishmaelite ancestors were among the mixed multitude that followed Israel out of Egypt.
Exodus 12:38
And a mixed multitude went also with them, and very much livestock, both flocks and herds.

This is further confirmed by the fact that his name comes into the genealogy through his wife and not his father. And why will a man with an Israelite name and who married from Israel not be seen as a fully integrated person even though his parents were Ishmaelites? How did he come about an Israelite/Hebrew name?

If we would call this a contradiction then let's call dual citizenship (that arises as a result of birth or marriage) an aberration that must be stopped forthwith!
Re: Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? by Demmzy15(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
Scholar8200:
Can you give a proof of the allegation highlighted? And to what end and which nation was Isaiah 10:22 referring to?
22 For though your population, O Israel, be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of it will return [and survive]. The [fully completed] destruction is decreed (decided upon and brought to an issue); it overflows with justice and righteousness [the infliction of just punishment].

By the way,"be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth" was God's blessing on all creation so I'd rather focus on the peculiar specifics.
I don't understand the point you're trying to drive out from this! They're in minority and you know it.
Scholar8200:

What if I had another point like I already raised?!
Well,you are being here pre-emptive though I wont have raised these points simply because God had already said to Abraham & Isaac respectively:
These are important points to show how men have tampered with the bible just to suite themselves.
Scholar8200:

Genesis 22:18
18 and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
It could refer to anyone, Isaac or Ishmael. Both had descendants, so this is exclusively not for Isaac.
Scholar8200:

Genesis 26:1,4,5a
1...And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.

And Jacob (son of Isaac) when dying said of the tribe of Judah (whence came the Seed- Jesus Christ)
Genesis 49:10
10 The scepter or leadership shall not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, until Shiloh [the Messiah, the Peaceful One] comes to Whom it belongs, and to Him shall be the obedience of the people.
This is another contradiction because when you look at my analysis it doesn't apply to the descendants of Isaac who have always been minorities.
Scholar8200:

This reply given above is a continuation to the penultimate one and also clears the misconception that the Q&A you gave above suggests.
I don't think so, the descendants of both were blessed but "numerous as the stars in sky" is fulfilled through the progeny of Ishmael!
Scholar8200:

You would do well to back your claims with proofs.Meanwhile,
before we proceed, at what time in history did this occur to Ishmael's descendants:
I don't know, we would have known if the Bible placed some emphasis on Ishmael, but that's not the case. Even the little blessings and offers given to Ishmael, they still turned it over.
Scholar8200:

Genesis 15:13,14
13 And [God] said to Abram, Know positively that your descendants will be strangers dwelling as temporary residents in a land that is not theirs [Egypt], and they will be slaves there and will be afflicted and oppressed for 400 years.
14 But I will bring judgment on that nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with great possessions.

Are Arabs the only descendants of Ishmael? They spread but did they multiply? The French, Chinese,Asians,Europeans and Africans were and are different from Arabs! That you find a nigerian in every part of the world could be described as spread but that neither makes all those places Nigeria nor does it suggest that Nigeria is the World's most populous! In any case provide your proofs to the contrary!
You've gotten it wrong, let's say the Arabs are the only known descendants of Ishmael and the Israelites are that of Isaac. Looking at their population from the beginning of time would ultimately tell you they are minority. When we look at the definition of an Arab, their population reaches 450-500 million. You should know that most of the Jews even found in Israel aren't from Isaac, many are from Europe. They're known as Khazars, European Jews(converts), with this not all Muslims are Arabs. The Jewish population doesn't reach 100 million and the Jews who indeed descended from Isaac are mostly found in Ethiopia!
Scholar8200:

Altered when and by whom in view of what to prove which point? Altered but they will include all the terrible sins and backslidings of their fathers and the captivity and judgement their sins attracted?! Altered but they will include the fact that they were many times unfaithful and were judged repeatedly by a Holy God?! Altered and yet history and archaeology attests to its contents!
It still contradicts history, in fact it contradicts itself!
Scholar8200:

On the contrary, since all the prophets and kings were from Isaac's descendant, and that all the prophecies concerning captivity and deliverance were fulfilled on same, I wonder what errors are referred to!
No need to go through the back, Isaac was blessed so as Ishmael. But the scribes turned the tables around and we've caught them red-handed.
Scholar8200:

Then how do you explained God saying specifically to Isaac:
Genesis 26:4,5a

I've already dealt with the issue of stars and multiplication, if you would agree with me it applies to both of them. But not to ONLY ISAAC.
Scholar8200:

But since He is not the author of confusion, God specified who it was that will be taking after Abraham! He did not leave it to specification!
God is not an author of confusion but the scribes are. They deliberately change in order to suite themselves. The scribes did that from the sacrifice to the covenant, they even went further to change some words in Chronicles and Samuel!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Baptize Again After Changing Church? / The Pope Is The Antichrist? / How Christians Can Make Their Tithes And Offerings Bring The Desired Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.