Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Of Gay Marriages And Families: Questions Bothering Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Gay Marriages And Families: Questions Bothering Me (368 Views)

A Question Someone Asks Me Has Been Bothering Me. / Photo Of Nigeria Army And Families In 1963 / Ask Questions Bothering Your Mind About KOWA Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Of Gay Marriages And Families: Questions Bothering Me by Juxtified(m): 10:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
Now that the issue of gay marriages seem to have come to stay, and would most likely be legalised soon in Nigeria soon (because we're no different from Xerox machines - chronic copy cats), I have many questions on my mind that I can't seem to find the answer to:

1. Do I have the right to refuse a gay couple tenancy in my house for my children's sake?

2. What if they come to meet me to bake their wedding cake, can i refuse as a christian baker without being seen as discriminating?

3. Obviously as a pastor I have to allow everyone into the house of God, but what if they want to rent the church auditorium for his wedding, can I refuse then?

4. How do I explain to my 6yr old son that the mother of his friend from across the street is a man?

PS:
1. I'm not against gays, but I'm a Christian
2. Feel free to add your own questions
Re: Of Gay Marriages And Families: Questions Bothering Me by powerfulsettingz: 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
Like hw do u propose to a fellow man, and say will u marry me without thunder striking both of them?

2 Likes

Re: Of Gay Marriages And Families: Questions Bothering Me by tpiander: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
The issue is not personal conviction ( moreso in nigeria), but funding.

They will be getting even more funding than they have now, and more incentives from the US govt.

just wait for nollywood first, lets see what they do.

(1) (Reply)

The Highlights Of The Legalization Of Illegal Laws In 2015 / Nigerian Leader / President Buhari Fires CSO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.