Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle (28866 Views)

Nigerian Customs Impounds Another Container With Pump Action Rifles. / UPDATE: Customs Impounds Another 440 Pump Action Riffles In Lagos / EFCC Impounds Ali Modu Sheriff Private Jet At Maiduguri Airport (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by ZYZZA: 6:33am On Jun 28, 2015
The Rivers State Government, Nyesom Wike has again impounded an armoured Range Rover belonging to the immediate past Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, Chief Tony Okocha.

The bullet-proof vehicle was removed from Okocha’s residence at Rumuigbo in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area at about 9am by security operatives attached to Government House.

On June 18, 2015, in a similar fashion, a Lexus SUV was removed from the residence of the former state Commissioner for Information, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari,

Though, the former aide to ex-governor, Rotimi Amaechi, was not around when the operation was carried out, it was gathered that the vehicle was taken away without any resistance.

Government officials had insisted that the armoured Range Rover belonged to Rivers State and not any individual.

Speaking on the development, Okocha said he was in Abuja to observe the Rivers Election Tribunal when he was informed that his vehicle had been taken away on the orders of Governor Nyesom Wike.

Okocha maintained that the vehicle was his ‘status car,’ which the law allowed his to own after his service as a Government House chief of staff.

He explained that though he was not miffed by Wike’s action, he was only surprised at the governor’s ‘seeming introduction of militarism into democracy.

According to him, “I have just been informed of the forceful confiscation of my status car in the usual brigandage and ‘Rambo’ approach, which typifies the new caretaker administration in Rivers State.

“I am not, however, surprised at the uncouth action, knowing Mr. Wike’s nuances like the back of my hand, but I warn that this seeming introduction of militarism into our democratic experience and the attendant ignominies may well become our bane if not checked.

He, however, disagreed with the claim that the Range Rover parked in his residence was without its four tyres when it was taken away.

“Is it possible to remove the tyres of the vehicle that I drive always? It is a white lie to say that the vehicle was parked without tyres.

“If they think they are saying the truth, let them show pictures of the vehicle while it was being removed. They must have used a forklift to remove it,” Okocha said.

But the Special Adviser to the Governor Nyesom Wike on Media and Publicity, Opunabo Inko-Tariah, pointed out that there was no way an armoured Range Rover would be a status car of a chief of staff, Government House.

Stressing that the four tyres of the vehicle were removed at the point it was parked inside Okocha’s residence, Inko-Tariah added that the bulletproof Range Rover was the property of the state government.

“As chief of staff, he (Okocha) has no right to use a bulletproof car without leave from government. Yes, a bulletproof Range Rover was recovered from his (Okocha) residence.

“However, what is staggering is that he removed all the tyres to demobilise the car and obviously to frustrate recovery.

“That act in itself is highly suspicious and obviates the need for any further evidence that it was stolen from Government House. You don’t need to remove the tyres of your car if there are no sinister plots,” Wike’s aide argued

http://www.punchng.com/news/wike-impounds-another-amaechis-aides-vehicle/

4 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by dj187: 6:40am On Jun 28, 2015
Wike is activating his self destruct button.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Olsoo(m): 6:43am On Jun 28, 2015
...and let the witch-hunt continue
Amaechi people don enter am..dem never see anything grin grin

The poster above me knows nothing. I'm pro-amaechi FYI but anything that isn't good,isn't good!...and should be duly corrected;on time sef. angry

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by ib4babes(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2015
Really trying and biting one of the hands that fed him when he was hungry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by mrvitalis(m): 6:49am On Jun 28, 2015
Wike I hope u know there will be another election in rivers state... ... U should do those things that will give u public sympathy but now u are giving ur greatest chance of winning the rerun election(public sympathy) to APC
While am sorry for u cos dre will be no hiding place for u

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 6:51am On Jun 28, 2015
dj187:

I disagree with you! If the man feels truly that its his status car while removed the tires? Its because he knew that been in possession of that type of car is illegal! If he feel otherwise let him go to court of law. As if you dont know how people in power go about handling government properties.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 6:56am On Jun 28, 2015
mrvitalis:
Wike I hope u know there will be another election in rivers state... ... U should do those things that will give u public sympathy but now u are giving ur greatest chance of winning the rerun election(public sympathy) to APC
While am sorry for u cos dre will be no hiding place for u

Did you support somebody illegally taken over government properties? Or may be you don't pay tax, that is why you are talking like this. If you earn 100,000 monthly and 5,000 is been deducted as your monthly tax you would not allow somebody use buy a and turn it to his own personal use.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by juman(m): 6:57am On Jun 28, 2015
The man doing things more as a thug than a governor.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 6:57am On Jun 28, 2015
ib4babes:
Really trying and biting one of the hands that fed him when he was hungry

Did you support somebody illegally taken over government properties?Or maybe you don't pay tax,that is why you are talking like this.If you earn 100,000monthlyand 5,000is been deducted as your monthly tax you would not allow somebody use buya and turn it to his own personal use.

13 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2015
dj187:

Did you support somebody illegally taken over government properties?Or maybe you don't pay tax,that is why you are talking like this.If you earn 100,000monthly and 5,000is been deducted as your monthly tax you would not alllow some body use buya and turn it to his own personal use.

9 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by ZYZZA: 7:00am On Jun 28, 2015
Wike the witch(car) hunter

1 Like

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Caseless: 7:01am On Jun 28, 2015

typifies the new caretaker administration in Rivers State.

Gbam!!!

This is what it is. That rascal called wike is on his way out.

Sai Dakuku

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Caseless: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2015
correctyourself:

Did you supportsomebodyillegallytaken overgovernmentproperties?Or maybe you don'tpaytax,thatis whyyou are talking like this.Ifyou earn 100,000monthlyand 5,000is been deducted as yourmonthlytaxyou would notallow somebodyuse buya and turn ittohis own personaluse.
oga, like your name goes, correct yourself by spacing these words pls.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by nigerianvenom(m): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2015
God bless wike. Pls correct all the wrongs ameachi perpetuated, rivers is not lagos where tinubu rules supreme

40 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 7:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Caseless:

Dont what you dont know its as result of the system/network
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Slynonny(m): 7:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Imagine he went to Observe Rivers Election Tribunal in Abuja.
Was Rivers Election carried out in Abuja in the first place?
Wike return all govt looted properties.
APC want Daura President to fight Corruption and jail people unfortunately he doesn't have the balls here is a Strong Man alreading fighting Corruption in Rivers State instead of you to encourage him your here crying Witch Hunt.
#Cry_Me_Witch_Hunt.....

33 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 7:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Caseless:

Dont say what you dont know its as result of the system/network while trying to upload.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by mrvitalis(m): 7:15am On Jun 28, 2015
correctyourself:

Did you support somebody illegally taken over government properties? Or may be you don't pay tax, that is why you are talking like this. If you earn 100,000 monthly and 5,000 is been deducted as your monthly tax you would not allow somebody use buy a and turn it to his own personal use.
Do u know they are legal means of doing things
Wike clam he read law and his wife is a justice, they should know that.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 7:22am On Jun 28, 2015
mrvitalis:

Do u know they are legal means of doing things
Wike clam he read law and his wife is a justice, they should know that.

Let them collect it anyhow or is it not illegal for them not to have paid the salaries of rivers workers who pay tax on monthly base?

4 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by mrvitalis(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2015
correctyourself:

Let them collect it anyhow or is it not illegal for them not to have paid the salaries of rivers workers who pay tax on monthly base?
But will u be happy if buhari collects Jonathan farm, estate, hotels and other businesses anyhow?

18 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Desric(m): 7:53am On Jun 28, 2015
Olsoo:
...and let the witch-hunt continue
Amaechi people don enter am..dem never see anything grin grin

The poster above me knows nothing. I'm pro-amaechi FYI but anything that isn't good,isn't good!...and should be duly corrected;on time sef. angry
You obviously talk like one Samuel Nwanosike who also like very much like your master TC Governor N.E. Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Desric(m): 7:58am On Jun 28, 2015
And that the so-called Wike went home with all his official cars from when he was a LG chairman is to say the least.
I'VE AND WILL NEVER BE A FAN OF WIKE. The man's acts strictly contravene every act of modern civility.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Olsoo(m): 8:06am On Jun 28, 2015
Desric:
You obviously talk like one Samuel Nwanosike who also like very much like your master TC Governor N.E. Wike.

Samuel Nwanosike ko, Samuel Eto'o ni.
Mtchew...abeg swerve make i see road jare
%-)
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2015
If it is true that certain people looted public property, they must be fully recovered.

But we all know Wike is being vengeful. Whoever comes after him,should also recover everything wike and his aides have stolen or will steal.

That way, the people of Rivers state will be the major beneficiaries

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2015
Wike should recover all vehicles, how can a Chief of staff convert govt property to personal use? In developed society Tony Okocha will be in jail

4 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by wildchild1: 8:38am On Jun 28, 2015
This season film will not end until Tribunal comes to play,watching keenly
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Lousymouth(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2015
This Wike guy should just learn from Mandela.... Forgive and forget...
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2015
I'm loving this man more and more #nohomo

My choice of mentor can't be faulted

Long live my mentor #Wike
Long live Man of Peace #GEJ
Long live FRN

5 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by correctyourself(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2015
mrvitalis:

But will u be happy if buhari collects Jonathan farm, estate, hotels and other businesses anyhow?

Those things you mentioned are they from Villa? Come I dont want to exchange words with you anymore because this your post is out of point and least expected of you, maybe its because of your educational level (low level of reasoning), too dull for for my liking.

I'm ok with you bye.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Dbboy(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Thats Good development, more of it Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Kayendy(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Wike stop impounding and strt working... rivers didn't vote u to impound cars.. dey r all liabilities catch d real thieves with rivers money dat's wen we strt praising u

1 Like

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by yorke1: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2015
Nice move

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Uncomfortable With Tinubu, Fayose’s Romance / Reno Omokri Names His Newborn Baby After Former President Goodluck Jonathan / Lagos: Birnin Gwari Forest In Kaduna; Sambisa Are No Man’s Land - Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.