Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I (1928 Views)

Tired Bachelor Looking For Purposeful Friendship / 8 Nigerian Wives Who Are Stronger Than Their Husbands (Pics). / Look Younger And Healthier Than Your Age, 08062430856 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 6:41am On Jun 28, 2015

Friendships help define us. Do you know? Our friends can influence our choices – how we live, where we live, how we eat, what we eat, what we buy and a whole lot of others.

Friendships doesn’t remain the same, it grows and changes as people come and grow.
Friendships need their own kind of water and soil to grow healthy and strong.

[size=16pt]The following are 23 things to keep in mind to facilitate building stronger and healthier friendships.[/size]

Firstly choose friends wisely.
Picking who your friends are/is basically have a long way to go in your life, this is the first step one should take before thinking about how he/she could build stronger and healthier friendship. You know how much a friend is of influence in your life. Selecting the right ones should do you more good than harm. You do not have to be everyone’s friend. Choose to be friends with people who build you up, not tear you down. Choose friends who inspire you and welcome you, not alienate and insult you. You can’t choose the family you are born into, but you can choose your friends.

Give them room to their own decisions.
Don’t wiggle your way into every aspect of your friend’s life, telling them how to be the star of their own show. Give them room to process things and make their own decisions.

Always listen to other’s opinions.
Listen closely to what the other person is saying. Let that person know that you hear them. Ask clarifying questions. Summarize what you’ve heard. Though helpful, it does not always have to be through words. Eye contact and body language are also important ways of showing someone you are listening.

Be Yourself.
Just be yourself. Be honest. Be original. Be authentic. Don’t shortchange yourself by denying your beliefs, values, and point of view, for the sake of fitting in. You won’t be doing anyone any favors neither does it help to build stronger and healthier friendship.

Accept your friends for who they are.
On your search for friends who can accept your authentic self, keep in mind – other people are looking for the same thing. We all want people who love us for who we are.

Always respect their choices.
One thing i’ve learnt thats helps to build stronger and healthier friendship is to always respecting others opinions. People are entitled to their choice and if your friend decides to make a move when you think standing still is the right thing to do, let them do their thing. If you’ve given your advice and your friend sees things differently, step aside. What your friend is doing might be right for their life but not yours.

Openly and honest communication.
Be open and very unbaised in your mood of communication. Communicate with your friend in a honest manner, don’t remove and don’t add, just a simple honest and open communication. Don’t be afraid to let people know what you need. Share what is necessary, but don’t dominate conversation. When a problem arises, work through it together.

You want a perfect friend? Yes, you have to be a perfect friend.
Be the kind of friend you want others to be for you. You want friends who are honest, kind, compassionate, fair, not judgmental, authentic, and intelligent. Be that person first and you’ll be more likely to attract that kind of friend into your life.

Be empathetic.
Trying to understand things from your friend’s point of view can help you communicate and understand each other better, you should be capable of sensing the emotion of others, this will really help build stronger and healthier friendship.

Respond carefully.
Think before you speak or Speak after thinking – especially if you are angry. Sometimes, taking a moment to think about what you say before you start blurting things out will spare hurt feelings and bruised pride. Choose your words wisely.

Give Compliments/Credits.
Show love for your friends by complimenting them on their good qualities or things they do well. Has a friend done something you admire them for? Let them know instantly!

Continue Reading “[size=15pt]How to Build Stronger and Healthier Friendship – Part II (Contd)[/size]“

Originally posted [size=15pt]Here[/size]
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by KanwuliaJara: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Impossible! kiss
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 12:14am On Jun 29, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Impossible! kiss
j

How, why?
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by KanwuliaJara: 2:45am On Jun 29, 2015
Chillinmasoul:

How, why?

No condition is permanent! kiss
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by architez: 4:08am On Jun 29, 2015
Comes with practice. You can't do it by reading how-to's.
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Explain better pls.
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2015
architez:
Comes with practice. You can't do it by reading how-to's.

Of course, is there actually anything on earth that doesn't involve constant practice?.. Its just an information to give you insight on how to go about it. Read part 2.
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 12:18am On Jul 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Still waiting.
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by KanwuliaJara: 1:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Chillinmasoul:

Still waiting.

The friend you have today can never be the friend you have tomorrow!

Even if you are BLOOD SISTERS or BROTHERS! kiss
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by saintneo2: 4:22am On Jul 02, 2015
That's nice but it can be difficult.

What do you think of [url=dreamingnigeria..com/2015/07/leadership-series-motivational.html]Motivational Leadership[/url]? Click, read and learn; thank you.
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

The friend you have today can never be the friend you have tomorrow!

Even if you are BLOOD SISTERS or BROTHERS! kiss

That's no friendship man... You're totally off... I only coined this article to facilitate stronger and healthier friendship and not what you're saying. As a matter of fact the friend I had yesterday is still the same friend I have today.. Have a great day man
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
saintneo2:
That's nice but it can be difficult.

What do you think of [url=dreamingnigeria..com/2015/07/leadership-series-motivational.html]Motivational Leadership[/url]? Click, read and learn; thank you.

Building friendship is hard but very possible.
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Ishi is a very biased mod! Just because Francis is your son doesn't give you the right to behave like a powerdrunk lunatic!
People fight in nairaland family section everyday yet since you became a supermod I am yet to see you ban the feminists and thier vitriolic tongues even once!

Disgusting powerdrunk hairy mod like yourself! Seun should have you removed from being a mod!

It was the same with sexkillz, being a mod went to his head and he started Banning left right and center. He thought he couldn't be touched and where is he today?

What prevented you from simply hiding the posts and giving a warning?

BE THERE DECIEVING YOURSELF ABOUT BEING SUBMISSIVE, as if any man would want an uncouth, rude and unreasonable person like yourself!

Tufiaaaaaa!!!

Cc
Crackhaus
Seun
Timbuktou
Sonofmark
Hahn
Coogaluta
Lolaredvelvet
nltruth
Pickabeau1
Etc

HYPOCRITE MOD!
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by pleasurecoach(f): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
spot on. And for married folks, MAKE YOUR SPOUSE YOUR BEST FRIEND! Dis will help reduce the spate of infidelity to the bearest minimum. Here are tips to do so http://pleasuretryst.com/35-loving-and-inexpensive-romantic-ways-to-keep-your-love-aglow/
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by KanwuliaJara: 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
Chillinmasoul:

That's no friendship man... You're totally off... I only coined this article to facilitate stronger and healthier friendship and not what you're saying. As a matter of fact the friend I had yesterday is still the same friend I have today.. Have a great day man

Na for NERAland you wan do all dis wan? cheesy
Goodluck SHEGEY sha!!!!

Muchechecheche
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by KanwuliaJara: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
Chillinmasoul:

Na who be you, na who be your friend? grin
Goodluck SHEGEY sha!!!!

Muchechecheche
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 5:28am On Jul 03, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Na who be you, na who be your friend? grin
Goodluck SHEGEY sha!!!!

Muchechecheche
Ok
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by Chillinmasoul(m): 5:28am On Jul 03, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Goodluck SHEGEY sha!!!!

Muchechecheche

Ok
Re: How To Build Stronger And Healthier Friendship – Part I by 5minsmadness: 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
Chillinmasoul:

Friendships help define us. Do you know? Our friends can influence our choices – how we live, where we live, how we eat, what we eat, what we buy and a whole lot of others.

Friendships doesn’t remain the same, it grows and changes as people come and grow.
Friendships need their own kind of water and soil to grow healthy and strong.

[size=16pt]The following are 23 things to keep in mind to facilitate building stronger and healthier friendships.[/size]

Firstly choose friends wisely.
Picking who your friends are/is basically have a long way to go in your life, this is the first step one should take before thinking about how he/she could build stronger and healthier friendship. You know how much a friend is of influence in your life. Selecting the right ones should do you more good than harm. You do not have to be everyone’s friend. Choose to be friends with people who build you up, not tear you down. Choose friends who inspire you and welcome you, not alienate and insult you. You can’t choose the family you are born into, but you can choose your friends.

Give them room to their own decisions.
Don’t wiggle your way into every aspect of your friend’s life, telling them how to be the star of their own show. Give them room to process things and make their own decisions.

Always listen to other’s opinions.
Listen closely to what the other person is saying. Let that person know that you hear them. Ask clarifying questions. Summarize what you’ve heard. Though helpful, it does not always have to be through words. Eye contact and body language are also important ways of showing someone you are listening.

Be Yourself.
Just be yourself. Be honest. Be original. Be authentic. Don’t shortchange yourself by denying your beliefs, values, and point of view, for the sake of fitting in. You won’t be doing anyone any favors neither does it help to build stronger and healthier friendship.

Accept your friends for who they are.
On your search for friends who can accept your authentic self, keep in mind – other people are looking for the same thing. We all want people who love us for who we are.

Always respect their choices.
One thing i’ve learnt thats helps to build stronger and healthier friendship is to always respecting others opinions. People are entitled to their choice and if your friend decides to make a move when you think standing still is the right thing to do, let them do their thing. If you’ve given your advice and your friend sees things differently, step aside. What your friend is doing might be right for their life but not yours.

Openly and honest communication.
Be open and very unbaised in your mood of communication. Communicate with your friend in a honest manner, don’t remove and don’t add, just a simple honest and open communication. Don’t be afraid to let people know what you need. Share what is necessary, but don’t dominate conversation. When a problem arises, work through it together.

You want a perfect friend? Yes, you have to be a perfect friend.
Be the kind of friend you want others to be for you. You want friends who are honest, kind, compassionate, fair, not judgmental, authentic, and intelligent. Be that person first and you’ll be more likely to attract that kind of friend into your life.

Be empathetic.
Trying to understand things from your friend’s point of view can help you communicate and understand each other better, you should be capable of sensing the emotion of others, this will really help build stronger and healthier friendship.

Respond carefully.
Think before you speak or Speak after thinking – especially if you are angry. Sometimes, taking a moment to think about what you say before you start blurting things out will spare hurt feelings and bruised pride. Choose your words wisely.

Give Compliments/Credits.
Show love for your friends by complimenting them on their good qualities or things they do well. Has a friend done something you admire them for? Let them know instantly!

Continue Reading “[size=15pt]How to Build Stronger and Healthier Friendship – Part II (Contd)[/size]“

Originally posted [size=15pt]Here[/size]
Also, to be a good friend, you have to learn to close your eyes to a lot of things.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch Unilag Students Cultural Heritage Tour Pics. / When Your Baby Daddy Got Strong Genes. Lol. / Why Ladies Are Always Doing This To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.