Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,251 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had (9655 Views)

Alright Vs All Right : What's The Difference? Let's Learn. / The Difference Between An Alligator And A Crocodile / Difference Between Bsc And Bsc (hons) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had by Teslaraj121(m): 8:30am On Jun 28, 2015
What's the difference between "has" "have" "had" in verbs in english?
and when you mix it with other verbs, how do you know you can use
has, have or had
Re: What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had by DjAndroid: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2015
In a simple layman's understanding,

1st person's singular: I.= "HAVE" eg: I HAVE done it.
1st person's plural: WE = "HAVE" eg: we HAVE done it.
2nd person's singular and plural: YOU= HAVE eg You HAVE been demoted, You (all) have been paid.
3rd person's plural : THEY = "HAVE" eg: They HAVE done it.

3rd person's singular : "it, he/she" = HAS. eg: it HAS 4 legs, He HAS come again

"HAD" is the past tense of them. eg . If I HAD known, I HAD a swim, the kidnapper still collected the ransom even when he HAD killed the victim weeks ago.

My 2 kobo.

Someone should also help me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Has, Have And Had by sugarvallly(f): 9:40am On Jun 28, 2015
you use has when talking about he, she, or it. have is when youre talking about you i or they, and had is the paste tense of bot

(1) (Reply)

Biggest Library In West Africa In Picture / Professional Exams In Public Relations / President Jonathan Commissions 64 Almajiri Model Schools Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.