Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today (1791 Views)

Did Jesus Exist Before Abraham? / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by gabazin080(m): 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
we always see different pictures of Christ online. in churches, books and everywhere but those pictures don't always look alike. And I doubt more because the pix are colored, but I don't expect us to have a camera millions of years ago not to talk of coloured ones.
is there any real pix of Christ today and if no, who are those men they claim to be Christ.
Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove, OAM4J . help do the needful and let's hear people's view on this
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by kossyablaze(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes...Check my dp on facebook

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by delishpot: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
True picture of Jesus NEVER existed. Not now, not in the past.

1 Like

Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
Read about the shroud of Turin
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by nynbrada: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
No true picture of Jesus exist, what we hv is an adopted images/ pictures of him.

Further clouding d question of d true picture of Jesus is d simple fact dat nowhere in d new testament is Jesus described, nor have any drawing of him ever been archeologically uncovered. And there is also an additional problem of having neither a skeleton or bodily remains 2 probe 4 DNA.

I d absence of evidence our images of Jesus has bn left 2 d mercy of imagination of different artist, who are generally influenced by culture n tradition.

So little wonder for d different pictures of d most famous man dat ever grazed planet earth.
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by Infomizer(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
clefstone:

Done.

What about it?

1 Like

Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by gabazin080(m): 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
clefstone:
what about it
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by gabazin080(m): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
kossyablaze:
Yes...Check my dp on facebook
you well so? na your own Jesus be that?
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Infomizer:

Done.

What about it?
it is believed to be the burial cloth of christ. The shroud is said to have on it an image christ imprinted on it which when developed produced this image

Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
Infomizer:

Done.

What about it?
it is believed to be the burial cloth of christ. The shroud is said to have on it an image of christ imprinted on it which when developed produced this image

Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
gabazin080:
what about it
read my last post
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by Infomizer(m): 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
clefstone:
it is believed to be the burial cloth of christ. The shroud is said to have on it an image christ imprinted on it which when developed produced this image

But..erm..erm..it's fake nao...abi an hoax sef!
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 12:31am On Jun 30, 2015
Infomizer:

depends on who u believe
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 12:45am On Jun 30, 2015
Infomizer:

read this and decide what u want to believe www.newgeology.us/presentation24.html
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by johnw74: 2:04am On Jun 30, 2015
Most paintings of Jesus Christ have Him with European features
and long hair like a woman
His Mother Mary was Jewish so He wouldn't have looked european
and if He had long hair like a woman, Paul would not have said this:

1Co 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

He looked like an ordinary Jewish man of that day.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Don't let the world's troubles get you down,
our Saviour suffered too.
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by gabazin080(m): 5:50am On Jun 30, 2015
johnw74:

Most paintings of Jesus Christ have Him with European features
and long hair like a woman
His Mother Mary was Jewish so He wouldn't have looked european
and if He had long hair like a woman, Paul would not have said this:

1Co 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

He looked like an ordinary Jewish man of that day.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Don't let the world's troubles get you down,
our Saviour suffered too.

your point is that there is no real pix of Christ anywhere today
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by Infomizer(m): 8:41am On Jun 30, 2015
clefstone:
read this and decide what u want to believe www.newgeology.us/presentation24.html

That's the Internet for you bro. Confirmation bias holds sway. Though I'd take the credibility of a .org website over that of a .us one. Don't blame me. Was taught to do that.
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 11:16am On Jun 30, 2015
Infomizer:

That's the Internet for you bro. Confirmation bias holds sway. Though I'd take the credibility of a .org website over that of a .us one. Don't blame me. Was taught to do that.
is it the website or the content that matters. Well, I believe the bias lies in us and we use that bias to decide what we want to believe. That is y I wrote from the onset that 'it is believed' the shroud carries the image of christ (note the emphasis on 'it is believed'). Peace bro
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by Infomizer(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
clefstone:
is it the website or the content that matters. Well, I believe the bias lies in us and we use that bias to decide what we want to believe. That is y I wrote from the onset that 'it is believed' the shroud carries the image of christ (note the emphasis on 'it is believed'). Peace bro

"It is believed"...Nice one!
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by clefstone(m): 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
Infomizer:

"It is believed"...Nice one!
however, I am one of those that believe it might be true. I have my reasons
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by gabazin080(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
rhemazoe:
HOW TO EARN N85,000 TO N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

Calvary greetings to you, and may the divine love of Christ be with you and your entire household in Jesus Name, Amen.
I am Pastor William Oladipo, the Provincial Pastor of THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, Kaduna Province 1. @ No.3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna. And I wish to introduce you to a Wealth Empowerment Program tagged: HOW TO EARN N85,000 to N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

it's a financial empowerment program been introduced to members of the church under the RCCG KADUNA PROVINCE 1 and we decided to spread it out so that members of the church in other states and the general public can benefit from it.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAM, SEND ME A MAIL OR SMS,TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST.

THE MAIL OR SMS SHOULD BE SENT TO talk2pastorwilly@minister.com OR 08098258686 WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

1. YOUR NAME
2. CONTACT ADDRESS
3. OCCUPATION
4. PHONE NUMBER
5. EMAIL ADDRESS

THEN I WILL FORWARD YOU WITH THE PROCEDURES ON HOW YOU CAN PARTAKE IN IT

Remain Blessed
Pastor William Oladipo,
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD,
KADUNA PROVINCE 1,
No. 3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna
Email: talk2pastorwilly @minister.com
GSM: 08098258686.
oga park well jor. y u wan come they use God name dey do 419 for here
Re: Does Any True Picture Of Jesus Exist Today by gabazin080(m): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2015
Cc: seun ishilove oam4j

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Wf Kumuyi Storms Badagry In Lagos City Wide Crusade / Atheist Logic Be Like.... / President Trump Has Blown The Last Trump.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.