Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

How I Was Embarrassed In The Exam Hall - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Was Embarrassed In The Exam Hall - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN (878 Views)

9 Types Of Invigilators You Meet In The Exam Hall. / 7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Embarrassed In The Exam Hall - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by damiloladuke: 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
I could remember my first day on Campus. It was like a dream come true as I had
never thought in my life I would ever proceed from High School. I marveled at the
transformation agenda that was implemented in my life and I had to give the whole
glory to the Almighty God.

I am a graduate of University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. Though they call it FUNAAB now
after they have decided to add Federal to the back, like it was a State School before.
Don’t mind my English.
And to encourage the bulk of you guys reading my blog that are in the University, I
never had a single Carry-Over throughout my stay in the University. Not that I was so
brilliant, I just knew how to pass an examination, though am more of a little-bit above
average student.

Just so you know, it never started this way, I was close to the dullest dullard in High
school, I virtually knew nothing. And it was a sorrowful phase of my life. I said this
because I never started this way at all as well. I was so brilliant in my Foundation
School, I never went beyond the 3rd position.
So where did the dullness come from in High School? Am I asking myself? I don’t
know. Though I suspected the caliber of friends I moved with and the standard of
Education in the public school I attended, it was so poor.

Can you imagine being in a school where anything beyond 12p.m you will never see a
teacher come to your class to teach? And this happened throughout my High school
years. How can I be so brilliant when I had not even mingled with brilliant students?
It was so pathetic, drooping from that usual brilliant little, cute boy to that dull, dirty don
in secondary school and to make matters worse, our school uniform was all white. I
remember always coming home as the student of another school, my uniform always
turned brown. Like I could help it anyway!!

The situation got worse in my Senior Class, when I was supposed to be in the art
class. Just that I was lucky to have Credit all through my JSCE, I went to the Science
department and my misery took on 4G NETWORK, I would wake up every morning and
felt sorrowful as everything the teachers seemed to be teaching was not even coming
close to my brains.

There was a connection error that seemed would never get rectified. I just got totally
dumb.
Examinations were a nightmare, what would I write when there was nothing in my brain.
I pretended to read, but I was just considering the misery I would be passing through
in the hall the following day. I remember then, I would always cram definitions half way
and leave it like that. If them like, make them pass me. But funny enough, I never
repeated.

My most embarrassing moment in the examination hall came in SS2 when we were
having the Physics Paper and I was sitting beside one brilliant student then, Sunday, I
was just literally downloading everything he was writing not even giving a damn.
After we had done like 3 questions and the exam was just 20 minutes to the end. The
guy stopped at a moment and looked round the question paper and cancelled out the
whole answers. I just opened my mouth and could not shut it for like 5minutes. I didn’t
have an idea of what next to do. I couldn’t ask him why he had done that. I just stood
up and submitted like that. I didn’t fail that exams, surprisingly.

They called me 360 degrees in class. You know why? During an exam, I copy from the
North down to the East to the South, West and back to the North, thereby completing a
cycle. It was so pathetic.

I got a turnaround in SS3, even when fellow students believed I would repeat the class.
I still out-shined the bulk of them. And my sojourn to outstanding performance began.
Thanks to Faisal, he introduced me to the world of reading THAT changed my life
forever and he is still my best friend till date

SOURCE AND READ MORE: http://www.wenogetjob.com/2015/06/DIARY-JOBLESS-NIGERIAN10.html
Re: How I Was Embarrassed In The Exam Hall - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hehehe
Re: How I Was Embarrassed In The Exam Hall - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by 48noble(m): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
Really
Re: How I Was Embarrassed In The Exam Hall - Diary Of A Jobless NIGERIAN by Omololaeni(f): 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
nice one

(1) (Reply)

Should He Just Rewrite Jamb Or Do Is Direct Entry? / Kwara Poly Hnd Form(fulltime And Parttime) 2016/2017 Session Is Out / Nigerian Police Academy List Of Exam Centres For 2016 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.