Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home (2863 Views)

Photos Of Shamsudeen Mohammed In Court, As He Is Sent Back To Prison / Fayose Suspends Teachers For Engaging Students In Child Labour(Pics) / Saraki, Ekweremadu Will Be Sent Packing Next Week – Senator Marafa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 12:15am On Jun 29, 2015
I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I'm hoping the mods will move it to the appropriate section.

I was heart broken today when I went to visit a friend and his younger sister who's on Bayelsa State Scholarship in the US called. She was crying profusely. According to her, the Bayelsa Schorlaship board has not paid their tuition for the last session and not sent any upkeep money for them. Most of them had to take menial jobs to survive. Now, the school has given them a deadline that if the money owed and tuition for the new session isn't paid, they'll be sent back to Nigeria.

I know she has been calling since last year about Tuition. Her family cant afford to pay the tuition. They have gone severally to Bayelsa state to lay down complains but nothing has been done till now.

It a very sad situation and I'm using this medium to appeal to Nigerians, if there's anyway to reach the authorities of the Bayelsa State Scholarship Board so they can pay the tuition of these students who are already suffering. It would be very sad if these children are sent back to Nigeria.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 29, 2015
This too bad

sombody

help forward dis mesage to d appropriate quaters for quick action.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by alphalpha(m): 12:16am On Jun 29, 2015
Change
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Cirphrank(m): 12:16am On Jun 29, 2015
ß∂D.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2015
It's really bad. I can't say all that she said. First their monthly stipend was cut from $300 to $200. Then to $150, then $100 then no stipend at all. They just finished their second academic year and Bayelsa State Govt has paid tuition for just the first year. This is just plain wickedness
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 29, 2015
Mod pls do justice to this thread.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by hardywaltz(m): 12:30am On Jun 29, 2015
When we told you guys that the Ijaws hate themselves u guys tot we were joking.

Barcanista oya come and defend ur people and party.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 12:38am On Jun 29, 2015
hardywaltz:

Lets not start this abeg

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 29, 2015
Really? Tell me something.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by bolabolakemi(f): 1:12am On Jun 29, 2015
emmjohn:
It's really bad. I can't say all that she said. First their monthly stipend was cut from $300 to $200. Then to $150, then $100 then no stipend at all. They just finished their second academic year and Bayelsa State Govt has paid tuition for just the first year. This is just plain wickedness

They should be realistic for once and fight for their right - no more spoon feeding. Only Biafra can save them undecided

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by okangisaiah(f): 1:35am On Jun 29, 2015
Tell me its a lie
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by IGBOSON1: 2:09am On Jun 29, 2015
hardywaltz:

^^^Give me examples of some Nigerian ethnic groups that 'love themselves'!....Just so the Ijaws can learn!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 8:42am On Jun 29, 2015
bolabolakemi:

They should be realistic for once and fight for their right - no more spoon feeding. Only Biafra can save them undecided
I'm guessing this is you being sarcastic but its not needed right now. This is a very serious matter

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by egift(m): 8:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Dickson should send money to these folks abeg. If possible, clear their tution upfront.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Bobbystanley(m): 8:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Imagine as Rich as Bayelsa State.. Where crude oil spills at their back yard. Instead the notherners took over the oil wells in your region.

Only Biafra can save u.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by egift(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2015
bolabolakemi:

Are you ok? We are talking scholarship fees for Nigerian students from Bayelsa, you are here talking rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2015
emmjohn:
monthly allowance of 300$ smh!
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2015
Lmao. Nigerian government is really USELESS!
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
handsomeclouds:
monthly allowance of 300$ smh!

I heard its $500 that's on paper. But they never got more than $300. Now they he nothing. In a few weeks from now if the government doesn't do anything, they'll be sent back home.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by simpleseyi: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
If their brother Jonathan refused to pay their last session tuition fee, do you expect my amiable people's general BabaOneChance to pay? Please use your brain. If your brother abandon you, don't expect your enemy (BabaOneChance) to save you.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
simpleseyi:
If their brother Jonathan refused to pay their last session tuition fee, do you expect my amiable people's general BabaOneChance to pay? Please use your brain. If your brother abandon you, don't expect your enemy (BabaOneChance) to save you.

Get an education. Just a friendly advice
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by JohnFrankling(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rivers state government haven't paid those they sent on scholarship for the last seven months too, and to think that some of them were already in their 200 level here before been sent out is a story for another day
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by JohnFrankling(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
simpleseyi:
didn't you see bayelsa state scholarship students their or is Goodluck the governor of bayelsa, I just dae smh 4 u
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
No more freebies bro, nigeria is broke all because of mr jonathan.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
JohnFrankling:
Rivers state government haven't paid those they sent on scholarship for the last seven months too, and to think that some of them were already in their 200 level here before been sent out is a story for another day

Very true. I know someone who left when he was in 300L Civil Engineering (UNIPORT) to Canada. That was in 2010 though. But Rivers State pays tuition. Bayelsa State owes 2yrs tuition money that's why the students are to be sent back
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by atlwireles: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Give me examples of some Nigerian ethnic groups that 'love themselves'!....Just so the Ijaws can learn!!

GBAM

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bluetooth2:

No more freebies bro, nigeria is broke all because of mr jonathan.

I guess Jonathan is the reason states are broke too or maybe I'm not smart enough to see it from your POV?
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
emmjohn:

I guess Jonathan is the reason states are broke too or maybe I'm not smart enough to see it from your POV?

Except you live on mars not to have known that Jonathan ruined Nigeria through corruption. Well like I said, no more freebies because the state can't even pay worker's salary.
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Except you live on mars not to have known that Jonathan ruined Nigeria through corruption. Well like I said, no more freebies because the state can't even pay worker's salary.

I'm probably living in Jupiter. Jonathan also ruined all the states by helping them spend their allocations
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
emmjohn:

I'm probably living in Jupiter. Jonathan also ruined all the states by helping them spend their allocations

Since they need to pay the states, now no more freebies for you. Get a job and pay your fees !
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by emmjohn: 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Since they need to pay the states, now no more freebies for you. Get a job and pay your fees !

There are a lot of things you're ignorant about. I'd advice you be quiet, listen and read more
Re: Bayelsa State Scholarship Students In The US Are About To Be Sent Back Home by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
emmjohn:

There are a lot of things you're ignorant about. I'd advice you be quiet, listen and read more

Lmao

Don't tell me you want Buhari to pay you when you have a ministry of Niger delta, NDDC, a state government with one of the highest monthly allocation and a 13% derivation.

Channel your frustration elsewhere buddy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Germany Turns Over Churches To Muslim 'migrants' / What On Earth Is Senator Bukola Saraki & Others Doing In Morocco... Pix / Lagos Belongs To Yorubas But Come Out And Vote Tomorrow, IPOB Tell Igbos In Lag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.