Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism (9521 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / Notice To All Agents! A Palace Is Open For Sundays n weekdays Activities / The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by ojesymsym: 6:16am On Jun 29, 2015
All the guru in the house should please help to review and criticise the attached drawing. It's the draft plan for a 3 bedroom flat and can still be amended before sending it to an architect for a proper drawing. All inputs will be considered and appreciated. Gurus in the house and others with building experiences should also make recommendations.

cc: kcsystems
segcymoor
spyder
aventure
skimanski

Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by escottkr8t(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2015
Visitors toilet door should be on the inside, and varander can't be outside a kitchen and don't see any need for it, a simple back door from the kitchen should be just fine.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by ojesymsym: 7:19am On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks Escot. The kitchen varander will serve as a mini store and hold batteries for inverter installation etc. For the visitor's toilet, it's in the anteroom which will have some form of protection. I put it there because of situations in which you have people work in the compound who want to use the toilet and you don't want them within your building, this makes that possible. Thanks for your observation.

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by skimanski(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2015
As for the Visitors Toilet Opening In or out is up to you the owner. Depends on how you wish to live in it. Then for the Ante room, if you want it as an ante room and not a verandah/Entrance Porch, its also up to you. All I will want you to consider in that case is the window on that wall between the Living room and ante room, maybe the ante room reduces the Light and Air that comes through the window, anyway still your choice to make. Slightly more worrying is the Bedroom2, looks too small for me in scale, if you have more land space, I think it will be a Good idea to have more space in that room. Now most worrying for me is the Dinning. Seems too big in comparison to the Kitchen. You'd rather you give the space to the Kitchen than giving it to the Dinning. Apart from that, the guy has done a good Job. Kuddos to him.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by flobo: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2015
What of kitchen store.......no plan for that in the drawing
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by ojesymsym: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2015
skimanski:
As for the Visitors Toilet Opening In or out is up to you the owner. Depends on how you wish to live in it. Then for the Ante room, if you want it as an ante room and not a verandah/Entrance Porch, its also up to you. All I will want you to consider in that case is the window on that wall between the Living room and ante room, maybe the ante room reduces the Light and Air that comes through the window, anyway still your choice to make. Slightly more worrying is the Bedroom2, looks too small for me in scale, if you have more land space, I think it will be a Good idea to have more space in that room. Now most worrying for me is the Dinning. Seems too big in comparison to the Kitchen. You'd rather you give the space to the Kitchen than giving it to the Dinning. Apart from that, the guy has done a good Job. Kuddos to him.

I just called it an ante room coz I hear others call it so, verandah/ entrance porch is more comfortable with me jo. I do not intend for it to be totally closed, use of protector maybe. That should not affect light and air flow that much, what do you think?

Bedroom 2 is very small I admit, but the design is meant to a modest apartment. Its about 10x7 feet. I will review the dinning/ kitchen ratio as you have recommended.
The width of the sitting room is only 12feet, what would you recommend the dinning be? the kitchen width is only 9feet.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by ojesymsym: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2015
flobo:
What of kitchen store.......no plan for that in the drawing

Yes you are right, it is meant to be a modest apartment, no money for "bogus" buildings o for now
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by FastShipping: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
ojesymsym:
All the guru in the house should please help to review and criticise the attached drawing. It's the draft plan for a 3 bedroom flat and can still be amended before sending it to an architect for a proper drawing. All inputs will be considered and appreciated. Gurus in the house and others with building experiences should also make recommendations.

cc: kcsystems
segcymoor
spyder
aventure
skimanski

You need to move the kitchen from its current location to the dining area. The veranda in the front needs to go completely and create an open space for living room and dining. No need to divide the dining and living room due to constraint of space. Make both in an open space. The visitors toilet needs to be scrapped so the second bedroom can be extended by about 2ft towards where the living room is. Size of the master bedroom needs to be reduced by about a feet.

In all, it is a basic 3 bedrooms.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by gabbytabby: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Having 3 doors leading into the kitchen might mean that you are constrained on where to put your kitchen equipment and cupboards especially since you do not have a separate store. Do you really need the door leading into your bedrooms?. If you do not have a large family or where you tend to have guests, then you might consider if having the third bedroom in the living room area and not your private family space.

The standard room size is 10ft by 12ft
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by snakebeat: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
ojesymsym:
U're sending it to a draftsman, not an architect, what is the need for an architect after the floor plan has been produced.

Back to d plan, though it's not quite clear, the writings are illegible, maybe because of my phone. Remove the back porch, provide a terrace behind d dining.

that small space adjacent to d living rm, is it bedroom, what is the width?

Make d ante room ur entrance, u can knock off dat visitors wc, becos of space constraint, they can make use of d one inside for both rooms, ur house isn't a public toilet, whereby anyone coming must deficate.

Pls don't temper with d flow chart, it's ok. As regards lighting & ventilation of d lobby, u may use arch or transparent sliding doors, in d opening btw lobby & living rm.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by snakebeat: 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
FastShipping:

You need to move the kitchen from its current location to the dining area. The veranda in the front needs to go completely and create an open space for living room and dining. No need to divide the dining and living room due to constraint of space. Make both in an open space. The visitors toilet needs to be scrapped so the second bedroom can be extended by about 2ft towards where the living room is. Size of the master bedroom needs to be reduced by about a feet.

In all, it is a basic 3 bedrooms.
I don't think moving d kitchen from its current position will be a good idea, it's gonna affect d flow chart, which means starting d design all over again. Moreover, d proposed area provided for d living rm/ dining can't accommodate d kitchen for minimal space functionality.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by Mgbadike80: 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
i have redrawn your plan, I'm still working on it but what do you think of these.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by FastShipping: 12:16am On Jul 03, 2015
Mgbadike80:
i have redrawn your plan, I'm still working on it but what do you think of these.

Very good.
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by darenyx(m): 12:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Mgbadike80:

I like this guy.. kudos.. nice one champ.. grin
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by mufutau55(m): 12:27am On Jul 03, 2015
Mgbadike80:

Very, very good. But personally, I will eliminate that door leading to the back porch from the Dinning area, the kitchen door should be enough.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by snakebeat: 5:53am On Jul 03, 2015
Mgbadike80:
Commendable.. But u'll need to close the dining exit door to d back terrace. The one @ d kitchen will do. what software are u using, is it archicad?
Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by ojesymsym: 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mgbadike80:

Nice one. Am impressed. Am not with the system with the design, will review and revert to you guys.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
Pls guys I need scrutiny and critisim for this plan

1 Share

Re: 3 Bedroom Drawing Open For Criticism by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 06, 2016
I need ur critics on the above

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Cleaning Your Home Appliances To Make Them Last / The Construction OOU,Radio Station,Ago Iwoye and a Swimming Pool In Abuja. / How An Estate Surveyor, Obande G. Agbese, Got Himself Entangled With A Fraudster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.