Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday (19359 Views)

Banks May Takeover Etisalat Over Debt / 7 Banks May Seek Merger Over Worsening Liquidity: Leadership Newspaper / 6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by VickyRotex(f): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2015
Intendy:

really appreciate ur thinking,but let's look @it from the perspective of time constraints, health problems that restraint some people some are still on sick bed for 9months ago,registration problem on the part of the bank after finding time to go register.
I believe it should be extended for BTW 3 months to DEC 31st.remember the voters card issue?God bless
NB I'VE DONE MINE SINCE FEBRUARY

I understand you. The feeble ones are exempted from my comments. Am talking about people that are physically sound, people who had every opportunity to do this registration before now, and dint take it serious. We don't take serious things, serious, that's the problem.

Talking about time constraints, common, even if one works 8am to 8pm everyday, there'd always be opportunity to do it. It's been months now.

I did mine in February aswel.

Asides the extra stress imposed on the bankers, even the customers will be stressed aswel, cos it's now being rushed.

Fine, deadline might be extended, but we need to curtail our "I don't care" attitudes in Nigeria. We take too many things for granted.

1 Like

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by paulostical: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2015
hobat4cash:
Banks insists you must have account with them before they attend to you. That's the main problem.

That's not true, you mustn't have an account with 'em before you can register for your biometric.
That's a wrong way of getting customers they are trying to adopt.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2015
What does this mean for people far from home to do theirs?
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by zeefa: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2015
columbus007:
What about Nigerians abroad who operated several bank account and for some reason they are outside the wall of the country what will now happen to their hard-earn money?,I think the issue of deadline as if we are slaves should be barnish from this land.

Yes oo! I have been worried about that too. Cos I really don't know how to go about transferring my money into other people account incase or emergency. Naija sha.

1 Like

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by damiloladuke: 10:25am On Jun 29, 2015
IT MUST SURELY BE EXTENDED

READ MY SIGNATURE IF YOU WANT LAFF TIRE TODAY
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by DTOBS(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:

I'm a girl jare. Imagine o. Like my info is too much out there.
They should close my account abeg. Make dem just return my money.
#dazall
sowie, I didnt check the stuff before...but it is necessary sha,dt's what has been helping the security department abroad...any little crime like dis,the suspect will be found without much stress but hia in 9ja,na to dey use ur info follow u den go do oooooo....and now that u re a girl...

u get that?
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by buskie13(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2015
kamez:
it must be extended.

I did mine 5 weeks ago. and I was given a number on a sheet of paper and also told that I would get a message via text.

I ve not gotten any text message till today oo.

if I hear say anytin happen to my money!!!
Lol...is it FirstBank?
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by manee2(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2015
Mehn_ zenith bank female attendants over here are vewi hot!!. Oops!!__ the manager qo be beta guy man oh,,!!.. C BOOTY
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by kamez(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2015
buskie13:
Lol...is it FirstBank?
nope. diamond bank
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by menxer: 10:49am On Jun 29, 2015
columbus007:
What about Nigerians abroad who operated several bank account and for some reason they are outside the wall of the country what will now happen to their hard-earn money?,I think the issue of deadline as if we are slaves should be barnish from this land.

that's problem in Nigeria, so does it mean after the so called date line, people will not open new account again?

it should be an ongoing thing, old account holders at worst be limited to a certain amount they can withdraw/day pending when they get BVNed; else it would amount to fulfilling bible prophecy of not being able to buy or sell except one gets the mark of the beast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by DrGroove(f): 10:50am On Jun 29, 2015
kamez:
it must be extended.

I did mine 5 weeks ago. and I was given a number on a sheet of paper and also told that I would get a message via text.

Same with me...since 6 weeks now,no text message.just the number on a piece of paper
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by synergy85(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2015
Nigerians! the call to register for BVN has been out since 2014, but we counted it unimportant, well in case you have not done it, better do. meanwhile
Do you need...
Someone to Proofread & edit your manuscripts and printed materials?
Someone to write you a speech, welcome address,or paper?
E-books on various Subjects and themes?
Someone to help unlock your internet modems?
To reach out to a group of people via Customized Bulk sms & voice sms e.g for festive greetings,wedding invitation etc?
To setup Customized Toll free& non toll free Vanity Number e.g 0700-CALL-SYNERGY?
To setup caller tunes & shortcodes?
To share a burden and receive Guidance and Counsel?
Please call Raphael on -08038326860/ prinze4we@gmail.com, www.synergymobileportal.com,
www.gsfpds..com
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2015
Zi:
Please, what about diasporans using Nigerian bank cards aboard?
Exactly my thought. What about those that have travelled abroad for school or one course or the other,or even people who are abroad on a business trip,what happen to them..,the BVN registration should be a continuous thing until every account holder have done theirs;whenever you find yourself in the bank,you just do it.

1 Like

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2015
They should stop giving us deadlines as if we're their servants,what's wrong with these people!
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by niceguy7(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2015
They better extend the time.....dem dey jonze.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by niceguy7(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2015
njays24:
They should stop giving us deadlines as if we're their servants,what's wrong with these people!
Lol i think dey no gbadun at all.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by Intendy: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2015
VickyRotex:

I understand you. The feeble ones are exempted from my comments. Am talking about people that are physically sound, people who had every opportunity to do this registration before now, and dint take it serious. We don't take serious things, serious, that's the problem.

Talking about time constraints, common, even if one works 8am to 8pm everyday, there'd always be opportunity to do it. It's been months now.

I did mine in February aswel.

Asides the extra stress imposed on the bankers, even the customers will be stressed aswel, cos it's now being rushed.

Fine, deadline might be extended, but we need to curtail our "I don't care" attitudes in Nigeria. We take too many things for granted.
understand u.cheers

1 Like

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by idrisalomagold(m): 11:25am On Jun 29, 2015
kamez:
it must be extended.

I did mine 5 weeks ago. and I was given a number on a piece of paper and also told that I would get a message via text.

I did mine and was given a slip that I will receive my BVN by text. I waited two months but got nothing. It was when I went to complain at one of their branch that I was asked to take the slip to the branch I registered. When I got there, the serial number was keyed in. Behold! It brought out my picture, BVN number and all my datas. So, I suggest you take the slip to the bank where you registered to get your own BVN. I hope this helps.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by ThisMeansWAR: 11:29am On Jun 29, 2015
they are mad... they will seize my money cos I didn't have time to collect one stupid bvn that I didn't even sign up for when I was registering huh? amadioha fire em all.

they didn't even publicize the things properly.. awon werey.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by ajepako(f): 11:53am On Jun 29, 2015
INTROVERT:
Deadline will be extended.

They have no other option bro!

I trust naija people, we no go gree..
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by callonme(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2015
All is well,my allawee is still in that account,so they should plan well.In case, they need to know,I'm planning using the savings to

work

on

my

blog.

Still working on it(my blog).
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by kinibd(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Zi:
Please, what about diasporans using Nigerian bank cards aboard?
Very good question

1 Like

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by meforyou1(m): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ayo25:
Ahahah. Na by force to get BVN ni. I will withdraw all my money before the deadline. Later several banks will come back begging me to open an account with them like they use to do. Some of you do not know the banks are in a very weak position. Those people queing up in banks do know the power they have.
from july 1, when u try to open a new account, BVN will be part of the documentation. the government is just trying to secure your account.
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by columbus007(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
menxer:

that's problem in Nigeria, so does it mean after the so called date line, people will not open new account again?

it should be an ongoing thing, old account holders at worst be limited to a certain amount they can withdraw/day pending when they get BVNed; else it would amount to fulfilling bible prophecy of not being able to buy or sell except one gets the mark of the beast.
cheesy
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by ceecee0703(m): 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
omo if you see line for GTBank d Bvn no go hungry you collect...chaii...chisos!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by tonjeola(m): 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
All na to make people come out to do their BVN, what of those that will open new account after the June 30th, will there be no BVN again?
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by cassyrooy(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
Minet16:

If this stuff's deadline isn't extended what will now happen to the money in the 14m accounts na? the bank will now take it abi.
And what will happen to new customers who open new accounts?
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by U2ice(m): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Akuko...
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by tonjeola(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
cassyrooy:
And what will happen to new customers who open new accounts?
help me ask them
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by oizapendent(f): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
[/color]Mu’azu assured that not having the BVN will not prevent bank customers from making transactions, such as payments and withdrawals, on their accounts. However, he said that customers using remote access services, such as internet banking and other services online, and even Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), would not be able to transact business.

Meanwhile, the apex bank also directed banks to provide online platforms for Nigerians in diaspora to register. Although the registration closes tomorrow, many customers are still unaware of the BVN or its benefits, especially Nigerians living outside the country but who have accounts with local banks.[color=#990000]

http://leadership.ng/business/443545/bvn-registration-closes-tomorrow-as-cbn-rules-out-extension
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by chuksmad(m): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
noncy21:
hi house. pls i registered with one account number. must i go back to register d other account? tnx
No, just only once with one bank you have an acct with
Re: Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday by jajajaja828: 3:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
Can someone that has not register withdraw money from atm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account / External Reserves Hit Two-week Low As Naira Weakens / Cheap Online Businesses In Nigeria You Can Start Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.