Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed (618 Views)

8 Killed In Zamfara Over "Blasphemy Against Islam" / Kano State: Woman Brutally Killed After Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed / Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by formerlyMbulela: 8:54am On Jun 29, 2015
29 Jun 2015

Kano State Government has expressed satisfaction that the rule of law was allowed to triumph in the last week’s judgment by an upper Shari’a Court in the state, which sentenced on nine persons to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed.

The government noted that the judgment was a clear pointer to the fact that whoever breaks the law of the land would not be spared.

It then appreciated the patience and the calmness with which the public allowed the law to take its course despite the unwarranted provocation.

A statement by Baba Halilu Dantiye, the Director General, Media and Communications to the Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, and made available to THISDAY in Kano, observed that the accused persons were convicted under Sec­tion 110 and Section 382B of the state Shari’a Crimi­nal Procedure Law, 2000.

The statement also appreciated the role played by the Ulama by calming frayed nerves and preaching understanding during the saga and commended the court for its meticulous handling of the case and for disposing it in good time without subjecting it to unnecessary delay.

The statement further hoped that this would serve as deterrent to those who feel they can breach the peace in the state.

It stated further justified government’s resolve to look into the existing law which provides for the regulation of preaching and preachers in the state through the House of Assembly.
Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 29, 2015
Bros still put source na
Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by Minet16(m): 8:57am On Jun 29, 2015
h
Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by innofyno(m): 9:00am On Jun 29, 2015
Some kind religion sha lipsrsealed
Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2015
Sharia is on the rise again, it seems this new governor has an Islamic agenda
Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by Abiagirl777(f): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2015
lubbish! why is Allah god if he can't fight for himself?

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by temitemi1(m): 9:09am On Jun 29, 2015
Someone should please tell me the difference btween ISIS n Kano state undecided

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by Bekwarra(m): 9:11am On Jun 29, 2015
Where is Buhari? Well I saw him around Mushin Ile- Epo Isale looking for a bus to Agege. In other news this has been a weird weekend for me. Spend some amount after I came back from the council secretariat where we did terminal clearance on Friday to cook a pot of stew with lots of meat and fish so I can flex these village guys as I will soon be moving to Calabar for #POP only to come back yesterday evening and to my dismay I found an "empty treasury". Yesterday at a news conference, Rafa Benitez said he met an "empty treasury" in Madrid after taking over from Ancelotti. My useless state governor Aregbese also claimed he met an empty treasury after being re-elected for second term thus his inability to pay salary. I rushed to Ogoja to check my account so I can make a new pot of soup alas! I met an empty treasury. After one year of service in Cross River, I'll be leaving an empty treasury behind. All these village girls, whoever dates them after will meet an empty treasury. Glo don fap my account balance leaving an empty treasury behind. When I pack away from this room at the lodge, I'll leave an empty treasury behind. Am I running mad? Oh I'm sorry it's the season of empty treasury. I hope I won't meet an empty treasury when I'm reunited with my gf in Lagos. Rural rugged, we are good to go. University of Calabar Sports Complex on July 2nd we are passing out yippee!!!! Unical babes abeg we don't want to meet empty treasuries everywhere, leave some for konjilized corpers.
Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by temitemi1(m): 9:12am On Jun 29, 2015
Now that they in power...
ECOTERRORS:
Sharia is on the rise again, it seems this new governor has an Islamic agenda
Re: Kano Govt Backs Judgment On Blasphemy Against Prophet Mohammed by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:34am On Jun 29, 2015
Hmmnn. No one should judge one another except GOD who created us. I am a muslim and I dont know if its a sin or not.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Prez Buhari Was Right To Sack SSS Boss E. Ita / Nigeria Police Seal Council Secretariats In Rivers State / EFCC, Why Did You Spare T.A Orji?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.