Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors (43183 Views)

"Pay Your Workers", Buhari Tells Governors / Dino Melaye To Aregbesola: "Pay Your Workers, Buhari Gave You Enough Money" / Don’t Sack Workers Now, FG Begs Private Investor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by lalasticlala(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
•Directs Customs, NNPC, CBN, FIRS To Remit Revenues To Consolidated Revenue Account Only

By Chesa Chesa, Abuja

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari on Monday June 29, 2015 inaugurated the National Economic Council (NEC) of his administration and charged state governors to immediately pay off outstanding workers salaries in their states.

The state governments last week shared from the N409 billion in the Federal Account Allocation Committee after they complained of inadequate funds to pay staff salaries.

The NEC?, designed to advise the President on economic policies, is chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and has as members the 36 state governors, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Attorney General of the Federation.

Buhari tasked the governors to distance politics from development projects, especially concerning construction and maintenance of inter-state and feeder roads.

Declaring that the Armed Forces have been re-invigorated ?to fight Boko Haram insurgency, Buhari further directed governors of the frontline states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa to articulate an assessment of reconstruction of infrastructure destroyed by the terrorists for onward transmission to G-7 group of industrialised nations, which promised to help in that regard.

The President directed all Federal Government’s revenue-generating agencies like the Customs, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRC), CBN, ?Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), and the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to henceforth comply with stipulated financial regulations and the Constitution in remitting their revenues to the Consolidated Revenue Account.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/06/pay-workers-now-buhari-orders-govs/

6 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by johnmark1234(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
J
Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by MuguliciousMUGU: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ok, governors needs to pay their workers on time, they are taking time.

But apart from that we are still waiting for buhari promises
1) 1 dollar = 1 naira
2) he will stabilise the prise of oil
3) petrol would be sold at 20 naira
4) nigeria would become a super power
5) boko haram will end in one month time
6) pregnant chicken would be taken in a good hospital for safe delivery
7) all the cows would have a good helipad, incase of exportation
8 Ashawos would further their education in italy
9) 24 hours light
10) tap would be running everyday
11) all mosquitoes would be given subsidy so that they would stop biting and causing malaria

infact the list is too much, buhari what is happening nitori olorun.
Ok na continue

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by msmon(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
I hope the owning state governors will comply with immediate alacrity.

Development will be hard to achieve in state where it's difficult for the civil servant find it hard to eat three square meal. Most civil servant has adopted the campus days 1-0-1 or 0-1-1 formulae.

Stomach Infrastructure is of paramount importance.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by youngberry001(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Abubakar sani bello oya pay my Dady gratuity sharp sharp......that's 4million

#governor Niger state
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by adonismuller(m): 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
Someone should tell Buhari to call Aregbe on phone and tell him specifically.

Still staring at my phone for alert....yet all I see is MTN messages.

Aregberascal has refused to pay corpers for 1 year yet he flood all schools with corpers to do the job of the teachers,he counts the corpers as teachers and pockets the money meant to employ teachers,he goes to paper to write rubbish.

Even the doctor corpers has not gotten a penny even with all the job they do.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
I Cum before her (INTROVERT) tongue
Just incase she shows up on this thread.

Back to the topic, ehen....thats good development na undecided
SaiBaba

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
I need money..mimiko pay me
Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by lomprico(m): 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
Owing governors, una hear?

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by ashson: 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Good
Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Declaring that the Armed Forces have been re-invigorated ?to fight Boko Haram insurgency, Buhari further directed governors of the frontline states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa to articulate an assessment of reconstruction of infrastructure destroyed by the terrorists for onward transmission to G-7 group of industrialised nations, which promised to help in that regard.
Is buhari the President of Nigeria? has Nigeria lost her independence to the G7? Is Buhari the G7 Representative in-charge of Nigeria? What doe he mean by the emboldened? As in the G7 are now uncle sam to fix infrastructures in Nigeria?

Now I see why Buhari is yet to appoint a minister. He's the G7 Minister in-charge of Nigeria Ministry and not the President.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by eagleeye2: 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
adonismuller:
Aregbe
Gbese

2 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
If only Aregbesola will llisten

5 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by pyyxxaro: 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
Abeg who get butter for here, I won chop small bread

I never chop since morning embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Demdem(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2015

The President directed all Federal Government’s revenue-generating agencies like the Customs, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRC), CBN, ?Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), and the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to henceforth comply with stipulated financial regulations and the Constitution in remitting their revenues to the Consolidated Revenue Account.

I love this. The days of secretive thievery has epitomised ny Jonah-daft government is over. Change is here to stay.

8 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Islamicpope(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
Its an ORDER

Or else

U governors will face d anti corruption music.

3 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Demdem(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
barcanista:
Yping..

barcanista:

What is the meaning of this?

4 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by bjdon: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
When are you Buhari, going to start paying the N5000.00 to the unemployed that you promised. It's easy to order others do something, why not do you own first.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by LeOstrich: 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
This useless gerriatic fool is yet to pay Federal workers.

Under Jonathan, Federal civil servants got paid on or before the 25th unless 24th falls on a Friday.

Buhari pay the federal workers before talking trash

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Adesiji77: 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Interesting... cool
Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by donholy28(m): 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
The order has been given...its left for the crooks to obey
Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
tongue
Demdem:

What is the meaning of this?

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by ylaa(f): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
i love sai baba. action man.

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by sexaddict08(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
What's happening? I feel as if Buhari has already surpassed Oga Jona. mtwwww....na lie, its just likeness

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by bornmekus: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
Buhari is the man

1 Like

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by nonesense: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
This is the type of President we have been waiting for,

3 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Aminat508(f): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
Aregbe pay us ooooooooo embarassed embarassed cry

11 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Minet16(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
while this is a good move from PMB, There should be adequate follow up, so as to make sure this money reaches the those who are to be paid salaries. I'm not saying that our Governors aren't trustworthy, all i'm saying is no stone should be left unturned. So it won't turn out some states paid and others didn't pay.

#@MINET16

2 Likes

Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by groundnutoil(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
g
Re: Pay Your Workers Now, Buhari Orders Governors by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnmark1234:
J
At last

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi With Daughter Shaheeda On Her Wedding Today / Buhari’s Aides Worry About His Health - Saharareporters / Lai Mohammed Visits Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove In Oshogbo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.