Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage (3192 Views)

Easy Ways To Get Out Of Frustration Helping Our Relationship Life / Woman Burnt By Fire While Helping Her Blind Husband In Benue (Viewers Discretion / MY experience: Helping to Have A Good Death. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
dangotesmummy:
not in my own neck of the woods. It's not 24 hrs here. It's only shown on an hourly basis so speak for yourself

You ain't got DSTV/GOTV in your own neck of the woods, madam?
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

You ain't got DSTV/GOTV in your own neck of the woods, madam?
I didn't subscribe to Telemondo station .so I watch it on ait.therefore speak for yourself
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
dangotesmummy:
I didn't subscribe to Telemondo station .so I watch it on ait.therefore speak for yourself

Babe, you don't have cable jor. Telemundo is practically free. You don't need to subscribe, it's on the lowest bouquet. grin. It's ok to not have cable, sweety.
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 11:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

Babe, you don't have cable jor. Telemundo is practically free. You don't need to subscribe, it's on the lowest bouquet. grin. It's ok to not have cable, sweety.
very funny I forgot to laugh. Go and steal Telemondo station na. They give Telemondo free. Smh
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Ewuro4: 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
dangotesmummy:
When embarassed

Kontinu joor grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I can't sad grin
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
dangotesmummy:
very funny I forgot to laugh. Go and steal Telemondo station na. They give Telemondo free. Smh

Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

shebi dstv na your papa company wey them dey give Telemondo free of charge. Grow sense small na
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 11:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ewuro4:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I can't sad grin
why na embarassed
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Ewuro4: 12:01am On Jun 30, 2015
dangotesmummy:
why na embarassed

*Looks left & right*... Coz JOBLESS STALKERS ABOUND cheesy
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 12:03am On Jun 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

*Looks left & right*... Coz JOBLESS STALKERS ABOUND cheesy
ignore them joor grin
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Ewuro4: 12:05am On Jun 30, 2015
dangotesmummy:
ignore them joor grin

Ohhh I'm shaking in ma boots grin

I can't. Forget it.
Next!
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 30, 2015
dangotesmummy:
shebi dstv na your papa company wey them dey give Telemondo free of charge. Grow sense small na

Lol. Kulyie is that you?
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Kimoni: 1:14am On Jun 30, 2015
The schools are only doing what the parents want - keep the kids in school till their working parents are ready to come pick them up

Who is to blame here? lipsrsealed
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Richy4(m): 3:16am On Jun 30, 2015
I will just say many parents do not want to see their kids anymore.

They just parcel them to one tutor or the other. Either they are learning from 6am to 6pm on week days or

Saturday swimming lessons or

Sunday piano lesson.

No time with daddy and mummy. Even the spare time the kids got at home, you will hear their parents scream " junior have you done your home work" haba!!!
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Ndipe(m): 3:59am On Jun 30, 2015
Parental neglect.
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 6:02am On Jun 30, 2015
Timbuktou:

Lol. Kulyie is that you?
good morning
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2015
Ewuro4:

Ohhh I'm shaking in ma boots grin

I can't. Forget it.
Next!
grin
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by yinkard4me(m): 7:24am On Jun 30, 2015
cococandy:
It depends on the kind of programs the schools run. If they put in a lot of play time for the kids, then I don't think it's bad. That way the school doubles as both daycare and school for the kids. For parents who live in Nigeria (or other places for that matter) and have to work, there may be no other alternative.

If I were them, I'll just make sure the activities of the centers include plenty of play time because as we all know, healthy mammals play.
Another thing would be rest. If they put the kids to rest too after every few hrs. These are things the school proprietors need to understand and Adher to.

and they'll get home and start another 2 hours private tutorials.
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by cococandy(f): 7:26am On Jun 30, 2015
yinkard4me:

and they'll get home and start another 2 hours private tutorials.
that I don't support. Except homework which should be very little if they spend considerable amount of time in school, the child shouldn't be saddled like that with loads of school work.
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by yinkard4me(m): 7:29am On Jun 30, 2015
Richy4:
I will just say many parents do not want to see their kids anymore.

They just parcel them to one tutor or the other. Either they are learning from 6am to 6pm on week days or

Saturday swimming lessons or

Sunday piano lesson.

No time with daddy and mummy. Even the spare time the kids got at home, you will hear their parents scream " junior have you done your home work" haba!!!
infact, its pathetic. the question is, is the over bearing pressure really helping this kids some of us closed as early as 1pm during our primary school days and thanks to God, we re still on top of our game today
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by yinkard4me(m): 7:36am On Jun 30, 2015
cococandy:
that I don't support. Except homework which should be very little if they spend considerable amount of time in school, the child shouldn't be saddled like that with loads of school work.
but that's how it is now.... go to all this private primary schools and in every 10 pupils u quiz, 8 will tell u uncle is waiting for him/her at home for anoda min of one hour
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2015
dangotesmummy:
good morning
*smh* You shoulda told me it was you na. I come dwey waste my time.
Re: Is This New Trend Really Helping Our Young Ones? Or A Damage by dangotesmummy: 8:55am On Jun 30, 2015
Timbuktou:

*smh* You shoulda told me it was you na. I come dwey waste my time.
I've saved you the stress. So have a nice Tuesday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Summary Of Laura Schlessinger's Book: "The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands" / Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! / I Found Messages My Wife Wrote Toanother Man When We Were Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.