Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood (925 Views)

"Buhari Is Not Being Fed With A Tube" - Lai Mohammed Dismisses Speculations / PDP National Caretaker Committee: Sheriff In Consistent Falsehood / The Real Reasons Why Nigeria Media Chiefs Were Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by tbaba1234: 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2015
Why is it that our media houses report too many false news items? It is becoming very frequent and disturbing. Most people do not know what to believe anymore. It is almost guaranteed that a news report will be denied or refuted a few days later. We all remember the Soyinka- Igbo incident which turned out to be false. Recently, all we see are speculation on appointments and even prematurely announced appointments that are later denied. A big deal was made out of Helipad which will need less than 10 bags of cement to build, it remains speculation till date.

What is the use of news agencies if they only peddle rumours? We can make up rumours on our own.
Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by vicadex07(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
Seriously its just too much and at a sickening level these days.

I believe a law should be passed which will sanitise the activities of these media houses
Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by LeOstrich: 11:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
tbaba1234:
Why is it that our media houses report too many false news items? It is becoming very frequent and disturbing. Most people do not know what to believe anymore. It is almost guaranteed that a news report will be denied or refuted a few days later. We all remember the Soyinka- Igbo incident which turned out to be false. Recently, all we see are speculation on appointments and even prematurely announced appointments that are later denied. A big deal was made out of Helipad which will need less than 10 bags of cement to build, it remains speculation till date.
What is the use of news agencies if they only peddle rumours? We can make up rumours on our own.

Rumors thrive where there is no communication

Tell your dullard to put his office in order.

He is not running a private venture like his cow farm in Duara but a Nation of 170 million people who demand he brief them regularly on the state of his govt and the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by LeOstrich: 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
tbaba1234:
A big deal was made out of Helipad which will need less than 10 bags of cement to build, it remains speculation till date.

The cost of building the Helipad is not what is the issue but the fact that the Helipad was first on his list and it is a sure sign that he sees his cows in Duara as a major priority and that he will be making frequent visits to Duara by Helicopter on the expense of public funds.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by tbaba1234: 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
LeOstrich:

The cost of building the Helipad is not what is the issue but the fact that the Helipad was first on his list and it is a sure sign that he sees his cows in Duara as a major priority and that he will be making frequent visits to Duara by Helicopter on the expense of public funds.

I. This is just speculation, a rumour. We have seen many of those that turned out to be false. Until, there is confirmation of this, it is not worth commenting on for those that are fair minded.

Ii. Gej and Obj were frequent travellers to their states. Obj for one went to Ota every weekend. I wonder if you criticised their use of 'public fund'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by tbaba1234: 11:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
LeOstrich:

Rumors thrive where there is no communication

Tell your dullard to put his office in order.

He is not running a private venture like his cow farm in Duara but a Nation of 170 million people who demand he brief them regularly on the state of his govt and the nation.

The falsehood and rumours did not start with Buhari, it existed in the previous administration as well.

There is a fundamental problem with our media houses.
Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by LeOstrich: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
tbaba1234:

The falsehood and rumours did not start with Buhari, it existed in the previous administration as well.

There is a fundamental problem with our media houses.

So the Janjawiids now believe that there was a deliberate attempt to smear GEJ's administration?

Didn't your Buhari not ride the back of the Tiger ( propaganda and lies ) to power?
Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by cococandy(f): 12:04am On Jun 30, 2015
When they were using rumors and prop fans to disabilize the past government, where was your complain. It's a little too late don't you think? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by tbaba1234: 4:26am On Jun 30, 2015
LeOstrich:

So the Janjawiids now believe that there was a deliberate attempt to smear GEJ's administration?

Didn't your Buhari not ride the back of the Tiger ( propaganda and lies ) to power?

GEJ was booted out because he failed. Simple!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by tbaba1234: 5:00am On Jun 30, 2015
cococandy:
When they were using rumors and prop fans to disabilize the past government, where was your complain. It's a little too late don't you think? undecided

I believe the former government destabilized itself.
Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by Bollove: 5:57am On Jun 30, 2015
tbaba1234:

Falsehood and rumour is the new market in Nigeria. Government is not challenging our news media enough to conduct investigative journalism ....

Imagine every newspaper now state "a close source who pleaded not to be mentioned" ...... anytime I saw such statement I know that news is a lie.

I can also seat on my reading table and conjure news about Buhari's wife someone I have never come across while citing "a close source" .....

Lack of professionalism everywhere.
Re: Nigeria Media: Speculations, Rumours And Falsehood by tbaba1234: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2015
Bollove:
Falsehood and rumour is the new market in Nigeria. Government is not challenging our news media enough to conduct investigative journalism ....

Imagine every newspaper now state "a close source who pleaded not to be mentioned" ...... anytime I saw such statement I know that news is a lie.

I can also seat on my reading table and conjure news about Buhari's wife someone I have never come across while citing "a close source" .....

Lack of professionalism everywhere.

Exactly. Once the source can't be named, it is probably false.

(1) (Reply)

Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu / Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide / Wike Woos Support From Companies To Construct East/west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.