Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu (922 Views)

Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison / Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by OneNigeria44(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
A Federal High Court in Abuja has dismissed an application for the extradition of Ogun-East Senator in the National Assembly, Buruji Kashamu, to the United States of America to face illicit drugs related offence trial.

The immediate past Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke, had filed the application on May 28, 2015 upon a United State government’s request asking the Nigerian government to submit Kashamu for extradition.

Justice Gabriel Kolawole in his ruling held that he lacked jurisdiction to entertain the suit ‎while the judgment of the division of the court in Lagos nullifying the proceedings on June 8, 2015 and the same judgment affirmed by another judge of the same Lagos division had not been set aside by an appellate court.

Justice Okon Abang of the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court on June 8, 2015, had nullified the extradition proceedings which he said were initiated on in contravention of an earlier order of the court.

Abang’s orders nullifying th‎e proceedings were affirmed by Justice Ibrahim Buba in a ruling on June 23, 2015.

Though Justice Kolawole expressed reservations on the Lagos judgments, which he described as “wild and audacious,” he held that it was the exclusive duty of the Court of Appeal to determine whether whether they were rightly or wrongly given.

Kashamu’s counsel, Mr. Ajibola Oluyede had on June 25, 2015, when the case came up for the first time, urged the court to dismiss the extradition application in the light of the judgments delivered in Lagos.
Cc: Ishilove
Source : http://www.punchng.com/news/court-dismisses-extradition-application-against-kashamu/

Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by Olamitisoji(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
ok
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by Nazeeboy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
I knew when I read that story that it can't be true. That something is wrong! I know the FG will never do that.
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by kolatobs(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
OK
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by bobbiekrantz: 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
Nice one!!!

Once again...APC have been floored!!

Somebody shout PDP!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by funlord(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
grin
Kaii! Naija!!! Can this mr "INJUSTICE Kolawole" fellow swear 2 us say ALERT never show him side? Up corruption!
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by papoose999(m): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
No mata aw apc try 2 frustrate d top politicians in d pdp it backfires wit full force#fayose#ffk#kashamu
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by papoose999(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
funlord:
grin
Kaii! Naija!!! Can this mr "INJUSTICE Kolawole" fellow swear 2 us say ALERT never show him side? Up corruption!
bro word of advice use ur brain once in a while
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by funlord(m): 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
papoose999:
grin
papoose999:

My friend GET LOST from my mentions with your vacuous opinions! With your "so called brain power" what have you achieved in your entire life on NL?
It is MY "mb,phone,jokes,views and my time", not YOURS okay! Get that into your vapid skull for future reference! Rubbish!
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by Christoskurion: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by g4everybody(m): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu by papoose999(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
funlord:
grin

My friend GET LOST from my mentions with your vacuous opinions! With your "so called brain power" what have you achieved in your entire life on NL?
It is MY "mb,phone,jokes,views and my time", not YOURS okay! Get that into your vapid skull for future reference! Rubbish!
ur naive level is xtremely high...we re all hia 2 learn bro so i dnt knw mayb u av anoda idea of wat u wanna achieve on nl....i tried 2 hlp bro cos twas a simple advice

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Markets Shut Again In Anambra / Capture This Pic: What is making PMB and Osinbajo Laugh So Hard / BREAKING: EFCC Moves Against Saraki's Wife, Yar'adua's Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.