Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,163 members, 7,838,977 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows (792 Views)

Ruling On Shaving The Beard / 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows by ArRahmanCakes: 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Salam alaikum warahmah
There are lots of ways to look beautiful without breaking Allah’s laws. Some sisters, in their quest to look beautiful, shave, pluck shave their eyebrows. Allah
frowns at this. sad

Namas means removing some of the hair of the eyebrows, and is not permitted, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the woman who plucks her eyebrows and the one who has that done, but it is permissible for a woman to remove a beard or moustache, if one grows, or hair from her legs or arms.”

The hadeeth which says that the woman who plucks the eyebrows or who has that done is cursed was narrated by al-Bukhaari (4886) and Muslim (2125), from
the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him).

The point is that it is haraam to remove any hair from the eyebrows, whether all the hair is removed by shaving, or some of it is removed by cutting. Anything apart from that is permissible, such as removing hair from the arms and legs, and the area
between the eyebrows. The following appeared in Fataawa al- Lajnah (5/197):
It is permissible to pluck the hair between the brow because it is not part of the eyebrows. And Allaah knows best.
And May Allah help us. Ameen
Source of Fatwa: Islam Q and A
In our quest to look beautiful, most sisters pluck their eyebrows. We all agree those pencil thin ones are hilarious though. Full
shapely brows are usually really nice. You can achieve a good looking brow without plucking or shaving. I have a bushy brow,
sorta, and I still keep it under control. Here are some tips to keeping them looking good.
•Flatten your eyebrow with your fingers till you have achieved the look you want.
•Use a new toothbrush or an eyebrow brush upward together with a fixing fluid such as hair gel, Vaseline or Aloe Vera, to comb the brows into shape (from the top).
(I don’t really use any fixing fluid on a normal day… But if your eyebrows are too wild… Then, this is better than plucking, I recommend aloe vera though)
•Repeat these steps with your other eyebrow, making them as even as you can.
•Smile and be who you want to be. It’s the greatest tip of all, and its sunnah! wink

source : muslimahanie.com/home/plucking-shaving-of-eyebrows/

maclatunji , lalasticlala
Re: Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows by dejt4u(m): 2:57am On Jun 30, 2015
Are you kidding me?? Hearing dis for d first time ever? BUT, are you sure of the hadith you quoted?
Re: Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows by ArRahmanCakes: 2:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yes,am right. Why not check the source to confirm. Also, Most Islamic books detailed it. Check it out!
dejt4u:
Are you kidding me?? Hearing dis for d first time ever? BUT, are you sure of the hadith you quoted?
Re: Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows by dejt4u(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Aiit..tnx. Ramadan kareem
ArRahmanCakes:
Yes,am right. Why not check the source to confirm. Also, Most Islamic books detailed it. Check it out!
Re: Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows by Haywhymido(m): 1:05am On Jul 03, 2015
ArRahmanCakes:
learnt abt it sumtimes ago but don't knw if it affect guys too
Re: Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows by ArRahmanCakes: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
Haywhymido:
learnt abt it sumtimes ago but don't knw if it affect guys too
Nt sure about the guys...u can google it
Re: Plucking (shaving) Of Eyebrows by Haywhymido(m): 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
ArRahmanCakes:
Nt sure about the guys...u can google it
owk

(1) (Reply)

Mashala, Look Who We Have Here :) / UK Prime Minister Ramadan Message / Phase 2: Powerful Advice To The Moderators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.