Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply (972 Views)

Expect Improved Power Supply In 2017 – Fashola / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by markwil(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday promised that his administration would give the highest possible priority to the rapid improvement of power supply across the country.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke while granting audience to officials of CGGC, the Chinese construction company working on the Mambilla Power Project.

Adesina quoted the President as saying that it was quite regrettable that power generation in the country had failed to keep pace with national needs over the years.

To salvage the situation, Buhari said his administration would ensure that the Mambilla project and other unfinished hydro-power projects in the country were completed expeditiously in order to boost electricity supply in the country.

He was quoted as saying, “I am very much interested in Mambilla and other hydro-power projects, not only for the improvement of power, but also for irrigation, as both power and irrigation projects will help to improve the lives of Nigerians.

“I am going to ask for details of the Mambilla hydro-power project and others. Very soon, we will get together and redefine the project agreements for faster results.”

The Managing Director, CGGC, Mr. Zhang Heng, who led his company’s delegation, was also reported to have told the President that work on the Mambilla project was being delayed by the failure of previous administrations to provide the counterpart funding specified in the agreement with the Chinese government.

The CGGC delegation was accompanied to the Presidential Villa by Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara State. Source Punchnews
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by mistabiola: 6:10am On Jun 30, 2015
We don hear
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by phransix147(m): 6:18am On Jun 30, 2015
Ok oh!
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by paragon40(m): 6:19am On Jun 30, 2015
make I buy land..
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by vivypretty(f): 6:19am On Jun 30, 2015
I have been hearing promises

now

I want to hear"he did what he promised he will do"
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by saintneo2: 6:25am On Jun 30, 2015
One thing I am sure of is that ex-president Goodluck Jonathan laid the ground works for improved power supply in Nigeria.

Please join me and learn from these Seven Leadership Qualities. I believe you will benefit from it.
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by octopusfreaky(f): 6:50am On Jun 30, 2015
ohhh yeah am already seeing changes in my area

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by temitemi1(m): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2015
Enough of promises!
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2015
Let him hold his promises ooo. GEJ already left 23 hours 50 minutes daily constant power supply before he left.
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by markwil(m): 7:57am On Jun 30, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy in ghana rite
chuna1985:
Let him hold his promises ooo. GEJ already left 23 hours 50 minutes daily constant power supply before he left.
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2015
markwil:
cheesy cheesy cheesy in ghana rite

In a place called New haven in Enugu state.

Apart from the time this constant power happened in 2012 courtesy of Barth Nnaji, the last time we had unprecedented power supply in Enugu was 2002.

GEJ.
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by markwil(m): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2015
Thats enugu not nigeria in general, get ur fact rite grin
chuna1985:

In a place called New haven in Enugu state.

Apart from the time this constant power happened in 2012 courtesy of Barth Nnaji, the last time we had unprecedented power supply in Enugu was 2002.

GEJ.
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 30, 2015
markwil:
Thats enugu not nigeria in general, get ur fact rite grin

Nah.

Please there's a thread here on naira land where people were submitting the number of hours they have light daily in the past weeks. Most people even in Lagos get 14 - 23 hours.

Find that thread n educate yourself.
Re: Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply by markwil(m): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
I see shocked
chuna1985:

Nah.

Please there's a thread here on naira land where people were submitting the number of hours they have light daily in the past weeks. Most people even in Lagos get 14 - 23 hours.

Find that thread n educate yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Be Sincere To Yourself... Which One Do You Prefer Out Of The Two? / Breaking News ---- Ooni Of Ife Is Alive / Photo/video: A Nairalander Live In Grenada Carnival/celebrating Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.