Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

No Need For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Need For Biafra (1230 Views)

There Is No Need To Bring Diezani Back To Nigeria - AGF Malami / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / Saraki Goofs, Says No Need For Senate Confirmation For New Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Need For Biafra by Kollyman: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
I have been seriously struggling hard to curtail myself over the recent agitation for Biafra state by our brothers from the Eastern part of the country.

Lately, some people floated a radio station called “Biafra radio” located in Aba & London where various lies and hate messages are being broadcasted to the innocent people. Some even went to the point of producing Biafra I.D, Int. Passport, Number plate to mention but a few.

My question is; why the sudden re-echoing of Biafra state after Jonathan’s administration? I could remember vividly that some top Igbo leaders (Political & cultural) come out to strongly condemn Henry Okah for his agitation for Biafra state during Jonathan’s administration saying “Nigeria is one & we are part of it”. Biafra campaign has taken a new dimension but I have not seen an Igbo leader coming out to condemn it in the recent time. Should I just assume that “the call for Biafra state only get pronounced when the Igbos are no longer popular in the game”.

This action can be termed as INSURGENCE which is capable of generating civil unrest where several souls of innocent people could be wasted. I am tired of people’s lives been wasted on daily basis. Something has to be done now before the matter degenerate into something messy. Remember, Boko Haram started from a harmless agitation but today several innocent souls have been wasted. To an average Igboman on the street, you would hear “we want Biafra no matter what it takes” but they have forgotten in a hurry what happened in 1967 (6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970 -2 years, 6 months, 1 week and 2 days). Perhaps most of them have not been born by then. Before you open your mouth to say ”we are prepared for anything to get Biafra” just look for an elderly person in your neighborhood who went through the thick and thin of Nigeria Civil War for a proper ordeal and re-appraise yourself if you are truly ready for another episode of it.

The fact that ex-president Jonathan loss an election or the current president is not from the South is not enough to pitch your tent against Nigeria as a nation. Even GEJ has overcome the trauma from the loss of election, how come we refuse to allow the wound heal. Whether we like it or not, Buhari is the president of Nigeria and he would be there till he either complete his tenure or he is voted out (if he doesn’t meet our expectations). All that the new administration need from all Nigerians is cooperation and not ethnic based criticism. The recent protest in Onitsha over the relocation of some Boko Haram suspects to a Federal Prison in Anambra state is not called for. Do you know that we have several Boko Haram suspects in Prisons in Lagos& Ogun state (classified info)? Ever since their relocation from the North in 2013, have you heard any issue about it? Definitely NO! The federal government owns the prisons, they can decide to put any suspect they so desire in it at their own prerogative. The protest in Onitsha is a perceived way of antagonizing any decision or policies of the current administration. Please pardon some of my words if I sound so harsh.

I am not saying that you should not negotiate for your disintegration; all I am saying is that; the negotiations need to be done in such a manner that would not bring about blood bath. I know one thing for sure that, if Nigeria gets better today, hardly would anyone be talking about Biafra again.
We need to move away from ethnic or tribal politics if we want the best for ourselves and our unborn children. Nigeria belongs to all of us, let us see, take and accept Nigeria as the option we have. I admonish everyone (Yoruba, Hausa & Igbo) to come together for the unity and progress of Nigeria.

Nigeria Koni Baje ooooo

@olawalekolade

Source: http://infowakapass..com/2015/06/no-need-for-biafra.html#more
Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Re: No Need For Biafra by dunsman(f): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
k
Re: No Need For Biafra by waternogatenemy: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
yoruba fool

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by mistabiola: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin
Re: No Need For Biafra by waternogatenemy: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
they have forgotten in a hurry what happened in 1967 (6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970 -2 years, 6 months, 1 week and 2 days). Perhaps most of them have not been born by then. Before you open your mouth to say ”we are prepared for anything to get Biafra” just look for an elderly person in your neighborhood who went through the thick and thin of Nigeria Civil War for a proper ordeal and re-appraise yourself if you are truly ready for another episode of it.

This part got me laughing. A typical yoruba rant

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
anyone that make sense is yoruba@OP see d life of ur brothers

I even want them to waste their resources on d Biafra Mirage to clear their eyes.
Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Need For Biafra by PhockPhockMan: 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
OP, you done Yan finish? Oya Go find work.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by PhockPhockMan: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
chowlade:
anyone that make sense is yoruba@OP see d live of ur brothers

I even want them to waste their resources on d Biafra Mirage to clear their eyes.
You and OP are senseless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Need For Biafra by Ofeakwu(m): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
Kollyman:
I have been seriously struggling hard to curtail myself over the recent agitation for Biafra state by our brothers from the Eastern part of the country.

Lately, some people floated a radio station called “Biafra radio” located in Aba & London where various lies and hate messages are being broadcasted to the innocent people. Some even went to the point of producing Biafra I.D, Int. Passport, Number plate to mention but a few.

My question is; why the sudden re-echoing of Biafra state after Jonathan’s administration? I could remember vividly that some top Igbo leaders (Political & cultural) come out to strongly condemn Henry Okah for his agitation for Biafra state during Jonathan’s administration saying “Nigeria is one & we are part of it”. Biafra campaign has taken a new dimension but I have not seen an Igbo leader coming out to condemn it in the recent time. Should I just assume that “the call for Biafra state only get pronounced when the Igbos are no longer popular in the game”.

This action can be termed as INSURGENCE which is capable of generating civil unrest where several souls of innocent people could be wasted. I am tired of people’s lives been wasted on daily basis. Something has to be done now before the matter degenerate into something messy. Remember, Boko Haram started from a harmless agitation but today several innocent souls have been wasted. To an average Igboman on the street, you would hear “we want Biafra no matter what it takes” but they have forgotten in a hurry what happened in 1967 (6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970 -2 years, 6 months, 1 week and 2 days). Perhaps most of them have not been born by then. Before you open your mouth to say ”we are prepared for anything to get Biafra” just look for an elderly person in your neighborhood who went through the thick and thin of Nigeria Civil War for a proper ordeal and re-appraise yourself if you are truly ready for another episode of it.

The fact that ex-president Jonathan loss an election or the current president is not from the South is not enough to pitch your tent against Nigeria as a nation. Even GEJ has overcome the trauma from the loss of election, how come we refuse to allow the wound heal. Whether we like it or not, Buhari is the president of Nigeria and he would be there till he either complete his tenure or he is voted out (if he doesn’t meet our expectations). All that the new administration need from all Nigerians is cooperation and not ethnic based criticism. The recent protest in Onitsha over the relocation of some Boko Haram suspects to a Federal Prison in Anambra state is not called for. Do you know that we have several Boko Haram suspects in Prisons in Lagos& Ogun state (classified info)? Ever since their relocation from the North in 2013, have you heard any issue about it? Definitely NO! The federal government owns the prisons, they can decide to put any suspect they so desire in it at their own prerogative. The protest in Onitsha is a perceived way of antagonizing any decision or policies of the current administration. Please pardon some of my words if I sound so harsh.

I am not saying that you should not negotiate for your disintegration; all I am saying is that; the negotiations need to be done in such a manner that would not bring about blood bath. I know one thing for sure that, if Nigeria gets better today, hardly would anyone be talking about Biafra again.
We need to move away from ethnic or tribal politics if we want the best for ourselves and our unborn children. Nigeria belongs to all of us, let us see, take and accept Nigeria as the option we have. I admonish everyone (Yoruba, Hausa & Igbo) to come together for the unity and progress of Nigeria.

Nigeria Koni Baje ooooo

@olawalekolade

If no be say I get respect for pple I for talk say u no get sense, though u have none. #Ime-mbute

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
You and OP are senseless.
y am i senseless? he do pain am
Re: No Need For Biafra by TechRev: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
Gospel according to OP to monkeys and baboons in the zoological republic.

UN charter on rights of indigenous people. Do your self a favor OP. Read and learn.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nigeria's unity?

Is there anything United about this country?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
anybody wey dey pray for no Biafra or civil war shld go to hell..
seriously? don't u guys want to see the kind of gown Nnamdi Kanu will sport while towing the past of this predecessor and fleeing to abijan?
Re: No Need For Biafra by funlord(m): 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
FreeBiafra:
@op point of correction we are not brothers. Do I know you before the whiteman came? I want to go back to the way I was before the whiteman introduced this evil entity called Nigeria, what is hard there for you to understand or is it by force to be your brother? God forbid! You talked about blood bath who is the coward here? Do I tell you that I am afraid to die for Biafra? Of course there is no freedom without war and as for me I am ready not only to fight but to die for my country. The question now is are you ready to die for your own country Nigeria?
grin
FreeBiafra:
@op point of correction we are not brothers. Do I know you before the whiteman came? I want to go back to the way I was before the whiteman introduced this evil entity called Nigeria, what is hard there for you to understand or is it by force to be your brother? God forbid! You talked about blood bath who is the coward here? Do I tell you that I am afraid to die for Biafra? Of course there is no freedom without war and as for me I am ready not only to fight but to die for my country. The question now is are you ready to die for your own country Nigeria?

See internet gangster? "I am not afraid 2 die 4 biafra my ass"! It is sad, pathetic eastern low lifes like yourself that "nnamdi kanu" is trying 2 engage in a one chance scheme that is only helping 2 pad his pockets while leading your ignorant and deluded kind down a yellow brick road! What do you know about biafra? Warfare? 5th columnists?Jingoism? Radio piracy? Money laundering? Or even "mr kanu" himself! My friend shut up and go and look for a way 2 be successful! You write like a frustrated igbo man with little 2 no options! By the way I'm also from the east!
Re: No Need For Biafra by OreMI22: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
[size=15pt]When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT!

I know just like me, many of our people are not 100% convinced Biafra is the answer, while many others already are.

Therefore, we should agitate for a UN sponsored referendum on the Biafra issue .
Northern Ireland fought the British for 30 years for the independence of Northern Ireland, but the referendum proved that majority of the people wanted to stay in the UK. Likewise, the South Sudan's referendum proved majority of South Sudanese wanted to be in their own country.

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: No Need For Biafra by zendy: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Kollyman:

Nigeria Koni Baje ooooo

@olawalekolade

The agitation for Biafra has been there long before GEJ became president. Everyone knows how MASSOB took on Obasunjo. The resurgence of Biafra is for a variety factors such the economy being in a shambles, Boko Haram and the fact that Jonathan lost. However, it should be noted that it is the right of the Biafran people to seek their independence from Nigeria at any time and for whatever reason. A nation is only created by the sovereign will of the people and any people can ask for that sovereignty back. Nigeria was created by the White man only to exploit West-Africans and that is why it will forever remain a nation built on the alter of fraud. The very foundation of of Nigeria is caked in deciet. The country no legitimacy. The reason why Nigeria isn't moving forward is because it is an unworkable union. The 3 power blocks of Hausa,Yoruba abd Igbo absolutely despise each other. The Yoruba and Hausas only 'team up' when it is necessary to control the Igbos and the minorities. The country is a failed state and Lord Lugard should never have brought us together. We all actually all did better when we were apart than together. We cannot carry on like this. The Federal Government must give the SS/SE people a referendum to decide if they want to carry on with Nigeria. Faliure to do this will undoubtably lead war. War is a terrible thing, it leads to suffering and death. But if we can't fight for our freedom, we might as well be dead anyway.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by amadice(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
the OP just like is western gullible brethren are cowards, I don't understand why non biafran citizens just open threads just yo mock them selves and buy issues DAT don't concern dem...

OP look we are not brothers
we have nothing in common
am not a Nigerian
and there is nothing u and Ur pathetic ppl can do
Nigeria is only unify becos of oyel
Nigeria is fraud
Nigeria is a zoo
Nigeria needs referendum
quote me wrongly and amadioha will ripe Ur life off

idïot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
I can never understand why Yorubas are keenly interested in Biafran affairs than Biafrans themselves. This is very strange!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by 1deadlugard: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
Freemanan:
grin

cowards and poverty stricken bastards cowards.

BIAFRA will deal with you locally and internally watch out .

long live BIAFRA .even girls are ready to fight Nigeria

long live biafra

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
1deadlugard:

long live biafra

Re: No Need For Biafra by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2015
OP, I respect you right to express yourself.

however, you are not a Biafran,so you are not in any position to suggest whether we want freedom from this fraud you call your country.
Dont forget Nigeria was created by slaver traders.

It is he who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches.

By the way, did you say, this agitation is because Jonathan lost election?

Bros, as far back as 2013, Biafra is already in court with Nigeria at Owerri High Court.
Our right to self determination,has nothing to do with Jonathan.
MY advice: start thinking and planning in POST Biafra mode.

1 Like

Re: No Need For Biafra by PenSniper: 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
waternogatenemy:
yoruba fool

He is a multiple fool, an illegitimate Yoruba or an impostor.

1 Like

Re: No Need For Biafra by publicenemy(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Kollyman:

Nigeria Koni Baje ooooo

@olawalekolade

If them wan go make them go abeg... As long as them no disturb our oil rich Niger delta brothers.
Re: No Need For Biafra by Kollyman: 9:50am On Jul 02, 2015
1deadlugard:

long live biafra

Based on all the comments I have read here, I want to say that the Igbos are not well trained as most of them lack courtesy and manners. They just believe they can open their mouths to spit out anything they desire.

God would deliver you people from your Biafra ruse.
Re: No Need For Biafra by 1deadlugard: 10:51am On Jul 02, 2015
Kollyman:

Based on all the comments I have read here, I want to say that the Igbos are not well trained as most of them lack courtesy and manners. They just believe they can open their mouths to spit out anything they desire.

God would deliver you people from your Biafra ruse.

oh is that all you can say ? bias people .

have you ever stand out and challenge tribal based corrupt Nigeria government .

millions has perished in this place you called your beloved country built on false law ,

have you ever spend time in your face book ?and send post that criticize injustice and blood shed of innocent biafrans .

have you criticize boko haram before ? truth keep hurting you guy's . nothing is working in Nigeria ,people are suffering while northerners

and your people keep importing gas into so called oil producing country , education system is suck , no job , every where smells ,no power ...................................................................................................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................i can go on and on , quota system ,northern cabal group of retired Generals ,

has stole over $ 20 trillion dollars , dangote cabal monopolize every trade Nigeria ,no wonder he made $20 billion through mafianism

because he is a northerner , every thing is northerner , northerner northerner , every thing belongs from international airport to

individual gold mining and diamond mining secretly going on in the north . they own all this money and wealth still spilling our blood ,

every day .

we want BIAFRA
Re: No Need For Biafra by EasternPride: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2015
I couldn't even bother to read this trash.

Foolish hypocrites.

Amadioha strike you down and tear u pieces when u recover from that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘FG Has Moved B’haram Prisoners Out Of S’east’ / Again, Troops Recover 1,232 Stolen Cows In Kaduna / Hunter Becomes The Hunted? Buhari To Sack EFCC Boss Today Over Alleged Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.