Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,123 members, 7,849,498 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

19-year-old With Rare Disorder Stuck In Toddler-sized Body - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19-year-old With Rare Disorder Stuck In Toddler-sized Body (682 Views)

Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Medical Condition Whose Pics Went Viral Dies(pics / Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Condition, Parents Want To Throw It Away (Graphic / 21-Year-Old Indian Man Stuck In A 160-Year-Old Body (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19-year-old With Rare Disorder Stuck In Toddler-sized Body by ruggedtimi(m): 1:48am On Jul 01, 2015
Irija Srinivas often gets mistaken for a toddler when she’s out with her parents. But Srinivas, who stands at 2-foot-5-inchs tall, is actually 19 years old!

She suffers from a rare medical condition called congenital agenesis of the bones, in which the bones don’t fully develop. Her body won’t grow any bigger than that of a 2-year-old.

Her condition has made it difficult for her to do the simplest tasks. She isn’t even able to sit up because her head is heavier than her body. She needs 24-hour care, so Srinivas lives with her family in Bangalore.

Her mother, Nanda Baayi, admits it is difficult to see her child in pain.

“When she was born, she was not like other babies. When the doctors told us that her condition was permanent, it broke our hearts,” she told Barcroft Media.

Despite her condition, Srinivas still dreams of having an independent life one day so she can help financially support her parents. She is remaining positive and working as an artist in her free time.

“My mother helps me with eating and other normal things. But while I’m painting and drawing I need nobody’s help. I do it myself,” the 19-year-old said.http://www.littlethings.com/girija-srinivas-rare-disease/?utm_source=whm&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=hair

Re: 19-year-old With Rare Disorder Stuck In Toddler-sized Body by Cirphrank(m): 2:02am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: 19-year-old With Rare Disorder Stuck In Toddler-sized Body by tbmas(m): 3:23am On Jul 01, 2015
I wonder how people just advertise everywhere without even considering the topic
Re: 19-year-old With Rare Disorder Stuck In Toddler-sized Body by boboLIL(m): 4:57am On Jul 01, 2015
Sickness de fr dis w0rld 0h
Re: 19-year-old With Rare Disorder Stuck In Toddler-sized Body by xavier0327(f): 8:11am On Jul 01, 2015
Mothers love!! SOME nigerian mothers for don dump her for toilet.

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Should Never Buy Bottled Water / I Need A Good Sleeping Drug / Confirmed Ten Most Important Tips To Loose Weight In A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.