Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? (15780 Views)

Don't Ever Submit CV In PDF / Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) / Job Seekers Cvs On The Floor Of The Entrance To The NLNG HQ Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by animalz: 10:59am On Jul 01, 2015
sim37:
Hello friends, please is it better to send CVs in
Pdf or word format when applying for jobs
online. Please which is better out the 2 formats? I
need urgent reply. Thanks for your response

YOU SELF THINK AM NA undecided

YOU WANT MAKE BAD BELLE EDITS YOUR CVS BY?

PDF IS MORE PREFERABLE, CAUSE YOU CAN'T EDIT IT
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Bants(m): 11:03am On Jul 01, 2015
I swear bro i had this discussion on Monday i normally send using microsoft word but my friend told me PDF is better...I think if u are using an agency microsoft word is better because they can work or change somethings in your CV...which they cant on PDF and is not all systems that can open PDF file...in short if you got confident in your CV use PDF but if you dont Microsoft word
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by udoka2: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2015
either of them is ok; unless you are advised to use a particular one. So read and follow advice, otherwise use anyone.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Princenovo(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Pdf is better to avoid your cv being altered.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by AAinEqGuinea: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2015
Word assumes everyone has Microsoft office and if your resume has a unique format or design it could get mangled if your potential employer is using an older version of Microsoft Office.

PDF is safer.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2015
PDF is better...

At just #50 you can Place a Bet &Win Big by Online Prediction On Ur Phone, Tablets or PC. Itz like Pinging & Chatting, Anytime of d Day.
Hint: MerryB guides U on d indepth of playing... Ur money is safe.
Check my Signature Below.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by ElFenomeno1: 11:12am On Jul 01, 2015
Pdf format unless specifically requested in word format.
Ideally such documents should be protected and a pdf format offers a decent level of protection...........

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2015
So I got tired of the .doc format and decided to try something new, the PDF smiley

I sent my PDF format CV to three companies. Guess what happened I got +ve feedback from all three.

I got a glance of my CV at one of the Interviews and I loved it cheesy

VERDICT: PDF Over Doc.

REASON is simple. Except for the big multinationals, ATS or what is it they call it is rarely used.

my2cents

*modified*
Someone should please tell me the ATS won't be able to analyze PDF CV undecided undecided
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Nuhusky: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2015
Guy any job position specify its application format if they said handwritten CV just write it and send
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by greggng: 11:16am On Jul 01, 2015
If a company you re applying for job has an email to send ur cv, then is advisable you attach both pdf and msword format. You ve got nothing to lose
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:18am On Jul 01, 2015
Word format is better
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2015
pdf is better or you send both so it will be unedited
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by laserjet: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2015
It solely depends on which format ure being asked to send with. However, if none is requested, word format is more suitable.

All those epistle by epistlers above me are just gonna make u indecisive. If u don't know now u know.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Kimoni: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2015
sim37:

pdf - the risk of alteration is very high when using Word
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by wonlasewonimi: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
anonimi:
pdf is better so no one can ALTER it for any reason or agenda they may have.

If you have acrobat pro installed, you can edit any pdf.

Word doc is the generally accepted format.

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by 6fit(f): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
I had prefer core draw 2

no b only corel draw...if u are required to send yu cv pls send with M.S excel...must u comment?
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by missKiffy(f): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015
sim37:
Word format is better, except the job advert says otherwise
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by powerfulsettingz: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2015
6fit:

no b only corel draw...if u are required to send yu cv pls send with M.S excel...must u comment?
6feet na fight? Na so u tall reach to they peep tru my comment, afterall am entitle to my own opinion
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by anonimi: 11:54am On Jul 01, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

If you have acrobat pro installed, you can edit any pdf.

Word doc is the generally accepted format.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Cheers.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 01, 2015
uchennamani:
the question was: between word document and PDF, which one is better in sending a C.V?

And if u didn't get the answer from his write up then something is wrong with ur analytical skills

1 Like

Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by jidebaba69(m): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2015
sim37:

PDF is better because it can not be tampered with
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by damiloladuke: 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
PDF is quite better

HOW I PRANKED A GIRL THAT WANTED TO CHOP MY MONEY www.nairaland.com/2414463/how-pranked-girl-wanted-2chop
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by RedEagle: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
PDF is best. That way it won't be tampered with.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Panshow(m): 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
Why not send the two?
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by notoriousbabe: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hand written is the best
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by limdude: 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
I actually depends on what they require; some require PDF some require DOC X but it's best to have both ready....
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Ezegozie(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
PDF reason because it sounds like the name of my party PDP
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by luthorcorp: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
use the envelope method called"personal delivery "
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by spiralwedge(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
please always use MS Word, if possible word 2003, so that no matter the version the employer is using, it can be opened.
only use PDF if specifically asked for in the advertorial.
-PDF file are heavier than that of Word.
-MS Word is very common and easily available on desktop, lappy, smartphones, tablets etc compared to Acrobat reader.
-The HR or employer may not download too heavy docs, or if he doesn't have Acrobat reader, he can't help it. In any case, he would just delete your email.
-There are usually thousands of applications, don't give potential employer any reason to eliminate your application.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by hustla(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Send in both Pdf and MSWord to avoid stories that touch the heart, body and soul
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by hustla(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
jidebaba69:

PDF is better because it can not be tampered with

Big lie, I can convert your PDF document to MSWord and tamper with it
A simple google search can direct u accordingly
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by ab2care: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
I always send both in word format and pdf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Perfect Your Interview By Doing The Following: / Job Interview Address Confirmation / Dragnet, Work Forceā€¦ Do They Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.