Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:50 PM

Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? (15992 Views)

Don't Ever Submit CV In PDF / Build Standard Cvs In 8 Templates Under 10 Minutes. (must Read, Pictures) / Job Seekers Cvs On The Floor Of The Entrance To The NLNG HQ Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by crackhouse(m): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
I prefer PDF. it is hard to edit. and changes cannot be done by the third party
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by ademasta(m): 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
Word format is the best.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Visocrate(m): 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
stepo707:
No be only corel draw na paint
or in excel or photoshop lol
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Heart2heart(m): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
I send in both. You can convert ur pdf to word, in this new word format ur cv cannot scatter when exported.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Drabrah(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
stepo707:

powerfulsettingz post=35351933:
I had prefer core draw 2

No be only corel draw na paint

Abi Dreamweaver
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by samuelson06(m): 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mannylex:

Offcourse I know what the question was, and what I put up there should narrow his decision... They both have their importance and one just can't be written off. I know ATS prefers word documents but newer models of ATS also supports PDF.... A friend of mine forwarded her cv to me for review and it came with a very bad format, I could hardly even comprehend something's in the cv. Imagine that cv being sent to recruiters, there would definitely be no reply. This won't happen with a pdf formatted cv....

My point now is if you are sure and very comfortable your Ms word formatted cv won't be scattered when sent to recruiters, go ahead with it, else use a more reliable pdf cv, better still , send your cv twice, one with pdf the other with doc.

I don't support the idea of sending it in the two formats. Using a table with a simple font like Times New Roman in Word can keep everything including your formatting place. You can also save the work in .doc instead of .docx.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Mannylex(m): 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
samuelson06:

I don't support the idea of sending it in the two formats. Using a table with a simple font like Times New Roman in Word can keep everything including your formatting place. You can also save the work in .doc instead of .docx.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the cv of tha lady I talked about was in a tabular form. So imagine my frustration when her 2 pages cv scattered into 8 pages, I was meant to do a cv review, but I ended up reformatting her cv for her. She screamed in shock when I told her her cv was 8 paged. The fact that cv looks good on your PC/Phone doesn't mean it would look the same way on another PC... And no recruiter has that luxury of time to want understand your disjointed cv.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by callonme(m): 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
I prefer Word format.....

God bless Nigeria.....well,

I'm still setting up my Award-winning blog.
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by onunwa21(m): 2:48am On Jul 02, 2015
Check 4 instructns,if none word is beta. wink
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by skyfullofstars(f): 3:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Mmm mine is Microsoft Word format
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by samuelson06(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mannylex:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the cv of tha lady I talked about was in a tabular form. So imagine my frustration when her 2 pages cv scattered into 8 pages, I was meant to do a cv review, but I ended up reformatting her cv for her. She screamed in shock when I told her her cv was 8 paged. The fact that cv looks good on your PC/Phone doesn't mean it would look the same way on another PC... And no recruiter has that luxury of time to want understand your disjointed cv.

My bubble? No sire! I can't format a CV and it got scattered on your system. I'm not a novice. I still stand by what I said. What you are trying to say is that every CV prepared using a table in Word would scatter on another system which is very wrong. We are talking about version gap here and not just because MS-Word was used. Did you ask the lady the version of MS-Word she used in preparing the CV and compared it with the version you have in your system?
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by Mannylex(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
samuelson06:

My bubble? No sire! I can't format a CV and it got scattered on your system. I'm not a novice. I still stand by what I said. What you are trying to say is that every CV prepared using a table in Word would scatter on another system which is very wrong. We are talking about version gap here and not just because MS-Word was used. Did you ask the lady the version of MS-Word she used in preparing the CV and compared it with the version you have in your system?

You seem to be getting me wrong here, I never said the cv got scattered because a table was used....

But atleast you mentioned in your post that version differences could screw documents(Which can never happen on pdf)... And no recruiter would call to ask you what version you used that screwed your cv real bad....

Now I am not saying cv in word format must always get scattered but it can't be ruled out(Which you also stated above, "Version differences"wink .... But scattering can never happen with PDF as it is WUSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by yollychika(f): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
Me too I wantta kno
Re: Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? by jidebaba69(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2015
hustla:

Big lie, I can convert your PDF document to MSWord and tamper with it
A simple google search can direct u accordingly

Really...well you learn every day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For MTN Nigeria Recruitment 2018 / Dragnet, Work Forceā€¦ Do They Still Exist? / N-power Is Not A Free Money, N-power Is Serious Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.