Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102532 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by free13: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Dude you don't need to worry yourself, remember the thread of how Osun economy is bigger than the entire East combine and how Aregboshola was making £330Billion per hour selling unripe plantain and bitter kola.

Most of these guys jumping up n down have not been to anywhere, I have been to Ogun, I have been to Ekiti, I don't want to sound somehow but ignorance is addictive.

This is the type of thread that always give Aregbosola the audacity to be wayward with the lives of his subjects.

Go on, Osun is richer than the entire Eastern, even Ekiti is in the ladder there.

To ever imagine tha Osun n Ekiti have better poverty rate than Abia is enough to send those that did the research to be sent to ISIS for proper beheading

Kontonuo
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by after1: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
[s]
pazienza:

Lol! I have not even started and this one is already having tremor at rest. Wait till I am through, your temor can only get worse.
[/s]

See this local dog. You can go end your miserable life if you dont like the report. Chest beating yeeboe of the sad beast.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by free13: 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Yujin:
Now let me give us a food for thought. It is generally said by many people that its the north that feeds the rest of Nigeria with her agricultural produce. If that's the case then how comes they're this poor with a majority of them living below the poverty line? Does it mean they produce and sell everything and then scramble for the few remnants or is there a good explanation for this? Note this report is solidly based on feeding pattern of the regions.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Tripleclick(m): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!
I EXPECTED THE DEBATE TO BE BETWEEN YORUBAS VS HAUSA , THOSE WHO WER SLEEPING WHEN THE CIVIL WAR WAS ON, BUT BEHOLD IT IS IGBO VS YORUBA SHAME!! THE SURVIVALS OF CIVIL WAR WITH 20POUNDS GAVEAWAY! VS LAZY MEN OF South West!

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Anticabal: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
Armaggedon:
Osun?...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...chokes

Laugh catch me too. Crappy report.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
GodMode:

So how come that kunle guy and A.Y keep winning all the awardsgringringrin

Igbos have tribalised nollywood wouldn't stop the Yoruba from creating better moviesgringringrin
The very fact that you don't even know their names yet I am sure you can reel off several Igbo actors' names illustates my point. Winning awards does not always mean making money....
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
menabadoo:
I have been to osun, I serve there, I'm telling you that something is wrong with the list.
But you haven't been to all other states to compare, right?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
GodMode:

Lagos has always been the commercial centergringringrin

If igbos didn't migrate there would be more Yorubas, foreigners and other tribes like there are nowgringringringrin

The Chinese have bigger investments than the igbosgringrin so do lebanese, South Africans and a host of foreignersgringringrin

IF....IF....IF...conditional statement....we are talking about what obtains now. There is no way one can tell what might have happened if....
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
GodMode:

SW produces its own food... The North has the weather for Yam, some foods and some fruits

But

When its comes to food... The SW is ahead..
You are wrong, actually the south has the weather for yam. The north has the weather for grains...rice, corn, millet, sorghum et al. Grains are the staple of our diet. Go and do your research...even in social studies we were taught this and shown it on the atlases we used
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
Oseite:

But you haven't been to all other states to compare, right?
I have been to every state in Nigeria except from those in northeast.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
menabadoo:
I have been to every state in Nigeria except from those in northeast.

You might have been to every state in the country, but I doubt it would have been under the same circumstances. For instance, if I go to Edo state and do not stay in Benin, but in a village, then I go to Oyo state and stay in Ibadan, it will be foolhardy of me to compare both states' poverty levels, for what I hope are obvious reasons.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by GodMode: 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
Oseite:

You are wrong, actually the south has the weather for yam. The north has the weather for grains...rice, corn, millet, sorghum et al. Grains are the staple of our diet. Go and do your research...even in social studies we were taught this and shown it on the atlases we used

Rubbish gringrin
You don't know sh:it gringringringrin

I and my neighbours grow corn in the SW all the crops you mentioned are mostly grown in the south ... The south has land for yam the North doesn't really havegringringrin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yam_production_in_Nigeria
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by BLINGZ88: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
The only thing wrong with the hausa people is their population, and to worsen the case, they think it is a good thing. I was listening to NTA the other day when I heard an hausa senator say that he has 10 children, 10 children. God forbid nd he also said that his colleague has 20, for God sakes.
Now why won't dey be the poorest by percentage because one the father is poor, automatically the family is poor. That is why I like d igbos and the yorubas that have 3/4 children... The ones dey can manage....hausas should help them selfz
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:
[size=13pt]United Nations' Multi Dimensional Poverty Index[/size]
Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f

Clicked both links, these are not the sources for the graphs you posted.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
Velocitron:

Clicked both links, these are not the sources for the graphs you posted. You aren't posting fabricated news, are you?

I made the graphs myself, based on Data from the report.
You know, some of us are actually good at presenting raw data, in forms that would be very easy for the "layman" to understand.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

I made the graphs myself, based on Data from the report.
You know, some of us are actually good at presenting raw data, in forms that would be very easy for the "layman" to understand.

I appreciate you put up very good sources, that's very commendable. I wish you'd uploaded the entire original graph from the report 'cause this looks like food for tribal bigots.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
Velocitron:

I'm appreciate you put up very good sources, that's very commendable. I wish you'd uploaded the entire original graph from the report 'cause this looks like food for tribal bigots.

You said you checked the original link..... If you did, you would have seen the report there.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

You said you checked the original link..... If you did, you would have seen the report there.

At first, I didn't see the pdf report since it downloaded automatically instead of being displayed so I was wondering where you got those figures from.

Nonetheless, good on you for using proper sources wink There's just so much false news here so I take everything with a grain of salt.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Oseite: 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
GodMode:

Rubbish gringrin
You don't know sh:it gringringringrin

I and my neighbours grow corn in the SW all the crops you mentioned are mostly grown in the south ... The south has land for yam the North doesn't really havegringringrin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yam_production_in_Nigeria
With all due respect, you've just shown why people fail exams. I said yam production was better in the south, why post that link? Funnily enough, if you bothered to even read that article and not skim through, you will see it is said that although majority of yam in Nigeria is grown in the rainforest, of which the south west constitutes a big part, the single largest yam growing state is venue, which last I checked, is not in the south. Why don't you paste data on grains like rice and maize, if you are so sure they are grown commercially in the south. You should never allow yourself to be impaled on your own sword.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Ritchiee: 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Segadem:
Mr man these statistics were compiled by united nation's multi dimensional poverty index, it is only in nairaland that Anambra can edge any south west states not in infrastructure, exposure, GDP etc.
southwest...always leading positively...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by SonOfEl(m): 4:28am On Jul 04, 2015
after1:
Why are yebhoes crying all over thread. Lolzxxx. Lemme save this thread for the day any Igbo animal post trash.

by then statistics have changed and the world hsd gone ahead of you.....animal
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by SonOfEl(m): 4:41am On Jul 04, 2015
Brokenbars:
Abia ranked above most states? im speechlessssss. Entering d state sef, u will see poverty written all over it like billboards. This is my opinion and its not tribalistic

e dey pain you? we don't rely on govt for survival.... the fact that we criticize our governors does not mean we are begging for bread
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by SonOfEl(m): 4:44am On Jul 04, 2015
IlekeHD:

More than 50% of movies with highest gross were managed by Yorubas and non-Igbos.

Forget the fake bootleg versions all over Alaba.

ugly liar....only children and drunkards believe bigots like you
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by SonOfEl(m): 4:51am On Jul 04, 2015
GodMode:

Stop believing igbo media propagandagringringrin

Most of them don't own sh:it... Only few of them

really? tell that to a pig.....Igbo's run more commerce and trade here in Lagos than any other group, that is why your oba and the frog-eyed politician have sleepless nights because of us.....sorry o no kill yourself of envy abeg
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Ritchiee: 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

really? tell that to a pig.....Igbo's run more commerce and trade here in Lagos than any other group, that is why your oba and the frog-eyed politician have sleepless nights because of us.....sorry o no kill yourself of envy abeg
Would a slavemaster envy his slave? Yoruba still controls your lives and shall continue to do that until you know that owning 2*2 shops is not the real commerce that gives Lagos that IGR that you always think you contribute so immensely to...go to the Lagos state website.... all the buying and selling by the Yoruba,Ibo,Hausa and others only amounts to 16% of Lagos IGR....

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by SonOfEl(m): 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ritchiee:
Would a slavemaster envy his slave? Yoruba still controls your lives and shall continue to do that until you know that owning 2*2 shops is not the real commerce that gives Lagos that IGR that you always think you contribute so immensely to...go to the Lagos state website.... all the buying and selling by the Yoruba,Ibo,Hausa and others only amounts to the 16% of Lagos IGR....

...go to Lagos state website? o boy you are a real learner....many schools, houses for rent, hospitals, banks,importing/shipping port businesses, industries and nollywood/entertainment, as well as small and medium scale enterprises are owned and run by Igbos.... so your theory of 2*2 shop is sheer nonsense.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Ritchiee: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2015
SonOfEl:

...go to Lagos state website? o boy you are a real learner....many schools, houses for rent, hospitals, banks,importing/shipping port businesses, industries and nollywood/entertainment, as well as small and medium scale enterprises are owned and run by Igbos.... so your theory of 2*2 shop is sheer nonsense.
Delusional people...always claiming what they are not...result of poverty...dream on...no sin in dreaming but facts and realities take precedence...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by SonOfEl(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Ritchiee:
Delusional people...always claiming what they are not...result of poverty...dream on...no sin in dreaming but facts and realities take precedence...

since you have no point, you have resorted to rants and abuses.......we are to stay and excel, deal with it, rat shit.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Ritchiee: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2015
SonOfEl:

since you have no point, you have resorted to rants and abuses.......we are to stay and excel, deal with it, rat shit.
No,I have not.I am only stating the obvious...you lot rant and beat your chests too much...and you have not gotten up to the achievements of the Yorubas if we start counting them on our fingers both physical and spiritual achievements...Yorubas are not known to be arrogant with their achievements but in recent times because of your ilk...they are joining the fray...most of your achievements are tied mostly to the South West here than anywhere else in the world...Have you ever wondered why even America needs people other than their citizens to develop and grow their economy with them?We need one another and we Yorubas know the importance of non-indigenes and we cherish them but when they try to poke their fingers into our mouths with their actions and utterances then the centre would not hold and things might fall apart...Stay and continue to excel as we continue to excel too...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by SonOfEl(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2015
Ritchiee:
No,I have not.I am only stating the obvious...you lot rant and beat your chests too much...and you have not gotten up to the achievements of the Yorubas if we start counting them on our fingers both physical and spiritual achievements...Yorubas are not known to be arrogant with their achievements but in recent times because of your ilk...they are joining the fray...most of your achievements are tied mostly to the South West here than anywhere else in the world...Have you ever wondered why even America needs people other than their citizens to develop and grow their economy with them?We need one another and we Yorubas know the importance of non-indigenes and we cherish them but when they try to poke their fingers into our mouths with their actions and utterances then the centre would not hold and things might fall apart...Stay and continue to excel as we continue to excel too...

mouth mouth mouth.......like an inflated balloon
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Ritchiee: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
SonOfEl:

mouth mouth mouth.......like an inflated balloon
Thought I was chatting with a discernible...an inflated balloon with mouths...you must be a disneyland character.FACE THE FACTS OF BEING WHAT YOU ARE,FOR THAT IS WHAT CHANGES WHAT YOU ARE...
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by ibadanfinest(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
Yujin:
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.
You spoilt the whole thing with calibers of building in anambra. I HV also been to many part of the east. Are u talking about many buildings that has no one living there with the exception of Onitsha.
The owner of those houses made their money outside the eastern region and that shows how the eastern economy is. Just puck 5 processed product and check where they r produced.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / APC Matters In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.