Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102442 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by notoriousbabe: 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
With this rating everybody go dey claim they are from my state now,awon omo ale jati jati tongue
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Demmzy15(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

Geographically, it is north central because of the artificial delineation of the country into geopolitical zones, for ease of administration.

In terms of ethnicity, Kwara state is 80% yorubaland with Baribas, fulanis and Nupes owning the remaining 20% of kwara.
Oshey!

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by no2fuks(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
big lie. nigeria is one of the poorest places in the world.

forget this link I checked it myself and google says the site is hacked. this is not united nations oh. investigate the link that op posted and see if you can get through.

70% of nigerians live below the poverty rate not 40% that shows that you cant relie on the information posted.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by temifisayo(f): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

No. it does not have to be.
Sincerely, I do not know the rationale behind the geopolitical division.

what if its to remove the idea of secession from any ethnic group.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by khattab02: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hehehehe..... Interesting!

Kogi ahead of Kaduna and

Niger ahead of Kano

#I dey laff for this report!
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Karleb(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
Who wouldn't love south west? wink

12 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by no2fuks(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
its hard for me to believe these figures this same lagos that I use my eye to see poverty everyday both in my own life and my environment.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Mcowubaba: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
Yujin:
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.
u guys nd dis una Anambra praises nd worship .......calm down...dis is UN report nt APC report..
Tenk u...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by bettercreature(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
So you people can confirm Osun people are not poor

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
dokyOloye:
How can d Osun state I know rank higher than Anambra?
Mbanu
. The list is about the individual standards of living,not the wealth of the state. For example,Akwa Ibom is wealthy,but there's lots of poverty there. Osun has no oil,but there's less poverty.

19 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Masculity(m): 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Baba Buhari must see this report.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
The more educated a people are, the lower their poverty rates.

Any nation that doesn't invest massively in science and technology, Agriculture, will continue to experience an astronomical poverty rate.

Some states are richer. But Nigeria as a whole is still poor, backward and local.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by telim: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
superstar1:

Geographically, it is north central because of the artificial delineation of the country into geopolitical zones, for ease of administration.

In terms of ethnicity, Kwara state is 80% yorubaland with Baribas, fulanis and Nupes owning the remaining 20% of kwara.
how can kwara sate be 80% of yoruba and other tribes owning the remaining 20%. Pls, Stop spreading false claim on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by hefty4real(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
Brokenbars:

*laughs and falls from d chair*

grin
Hope say u no spoil that chair oo angry
Anyway that's how we roll grin
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Gideonmi(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
Now I see y people in d north see Lagos like LONDON.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
tdayof:

OSUN IS RICHER THAN ANAMBRA ...

NOW DO YOUR WORST.

Its not about worse its about facing reality, Nigeria government told you the economy of Nigeria is bigger than those of Egypt and South Africa and you believe because your a Nigerian.

Sorry it doesn't work like, Nigeria doesn't have economy to start with, the economy of eating with 5 meats when the price of oil is up and drinking garri without groundnut and sugar when the rice goes downsouth is not economy.

I don't believe economy of Nigeria is bigger than those of the listed countries above, I have analyzed their economy critically so I know Nigeria government is still daydreaming.

Osun is richer and better than entire East you can take that to the banks and know if you can get paid with the assertion.

Face reality, time for tribalism is over cus shiit doesn't pay.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by elohorayodele: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Armaggedon:
Osun?...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...chokes

lielie no go kill who compose this stats

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Sophistication is when you collect odourless fufu as a result of poverty and later start shouting that your GDP is bigger than Enugu State (Obodo Oyibo)

7 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
hefty4real:

grin Hope say u no spoil that chair oo angry Anyway that's how we roll grin
I actually hurt my elbow
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Damjoy(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
I disagree with that of Kwara... There is evident poverty in that State that owns the The so[color=#006600][/color] called Saraki sad
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Yujin(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
Now let me give us a food for thought. It is generally said by many people that its the north that feeds the rest of Nigeria with her agricultural produce. If that's the case then how comes they're this poor with a majority of them living below the poverty line? Does it mean they produce and sell everything and then scramble for the few remnants or is there a good explanation for this? Note this report is solidly based on feeding pattern of the regions.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by sweatlana: 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
And to think that hausa fulani are the richest set of nigerians. What are they doing with all there money?

They can't help there own brother but they can help Nigeria. Mtchweee

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by ikombe: 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
shout out to ma osun niggas ,

i rep Anambra 4 life .

Make i see wan heidiot wey go dey claim lagos as im state undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by superstar1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
telim:
how can kwara sate be 80% of yoruba and other tribes owning the remaining 20%. Pls, Stop spreading false claim on nairaland.

How many LGs are Yoruba speaking ones in comparison to others?

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Ayietim(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
Being in the tunnel is depressing but you know what? Keep walking, keep hoping, don't stop believing and before long, The Glory of God will certainly lead you out of that dark tunnel into the life of your dream where everything is possible.
http://ayietim.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by 2rutalk1: 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Same Northerners that have ruled the country for ages have highest incidence of poverty. This is a clear indication that the number of political elite in a given geographical entity does not translate to corresponding economic development and poverty reduction in that region. So for those killing themselves over which region gets what in our political sphere, just be aware that such position(s) may not translate to the economic development of your region, rather it breeds economic dualism (center-periphery model), where the rich perpetuates the poor in poverty trap thereby widening the already widened gap between the rich and the poor.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by apolonius(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
How sad that the regions that have driven the Nigerian rent-sharing elite vehicle has the highest poverty percentages!

There is a sure difference between being properly educated and being a custodian of state resources!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by ikombe: 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
apolonius:
How sad that the regions that have driven the Nigerian rent-sharing elite vehicle has the highest poverty percentages!

There is a sure difference between being properly educated and being a custodian of state resources!
true talk grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / APC Matters In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.