Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Port-harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (phed) Consultation And Feedback - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Port-harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (phed) Consultation And Feedback (1616 Views)

NERC Grants Gencos Right To Sell Electricity Directly To Consumers / Sales And Distribution Business / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Port-harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (phed) Consultation And Feedback by 9JAgosurvive: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
In responses to the PORT-HARCOURT ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY (PHED) notice to the general public and in particular residents of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River and Rivers States, of its intention to carry out a review of electricity tariff .

As a customer of PHED resident in Rivers State, I send this feedback with respect to the consultations. While I was unable to find the details of the proposed new tariff on your website http://www.phed.com.ng/ .
I wish to state that as a customer on a pre paid billing system , due to the continued prolonged power outages experienced in my vicinity I feel short changed. This is due to the fact that, when power outages are prolonged and the supply so irregular,its impossible to exhaust prepaid credit within reasonable time, this consequently means that for each month that pass by, fixed charges keep accruing -

Now anytime I have to buy prepaid credit most of the money budgeted goes towards paying off all the monthly accrued fixed charged which had come about due to the extremely poor supply of powers within the period my credit lasted.

Thus, I wish to provide this feedback, and state that as a customer if the PHED is increasing its tariff and doing this in line with current market realities,it must also en-devour to review downward current fixed charge- as in reality this is unfair to any customer to continue paying fixed charges that keeps accruing due to poor power supply that necessitates the inability of customers to consume purchased credits within reasonable time.

I hope this is taken into consideration as part of consultations.

Cc NERC

Cc PHED

Also Other than its website The Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company PHED has no social media presence, shouldn't these channels also be used as part of its consultation with its customers ?

(1) (Reply)

#A Brother In Need Of Ur Advice On How To Quit Betting... / Facebook Message From My Friend Funke Akindele / Do U Want To Start A Bulksms Business But Don't Have Enough Funds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.