Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,047 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? (1444 Views)

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? / I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? / Unable To Stop Throwing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by adeniyi1st(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2006
Please help me out to help my friend.

My new colleague need my assistance to help him stop smoking. I said he has tried on various occasions to stop it but to no avail.

You advice will be helpful. 
Re: My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by kiki(f): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2006
smokin is not somthin u can stop like that he needs to go through some steps to do it it is really hard to stop it once u are addicted to it
Re: My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by adeniyi1st(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2006
Please what are the steps to take for him to stop?
Re: My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by kiki(f): 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2006
well i don't know much about this so heor she might need to consult a helth doctor or if we have on here
Re: My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by flyingdut(m): 9:47am On Sep 23, 2006
she will benefit from nicotine either as gums or skin patches. remember addictions can be difficult to stop, it takes time and perseverance
Re: My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by MP007(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2007
get nicotine patch from ur doctor, start from there,
Re: My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by ayo84(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2007
getting a smoker to quit is quite herculean,some smokers are awarwe of the adverse effects smoking does to their bodies but they cant help it,they really cant.
if you smoke and you really want to quit you can search online where you can get nicotine patches.

stop puffing
http://dutonialmx./2007/08/16/stop-the-puffing/

Re: My Friend Want To Stop Smoking, What Can He Do ? by Kefuie: 9:23am On May 14, 2010
My Top 5 Steps To Help Your Friend Quit Smoking
1.Some of the most difficult things you have done in your life and
realize that you have the guts and determination to quit
smoking. It's up to you.

2. After reading this list, sit down and write your own list,
customized to your personality and way of doing things. Create
you own plan for quitting.

3. Write down why you want to quit (the stop smoking benefits):
live longer, feel better, for your family, save money, smell
better, find a mate more easily, etc. You know what's bad about
smoking and you know what you'll get by quitting. Put it on
paper and read it daily.

4. Ask your family and friends to support your decision to quit.
Ask them to be completely supportive and non-judgmental. Let
them know ahead of time that you will probably be irritable and
even irrational while you withdraw from your smoking habit.

5. Set a quit date. Decide what day you will extinguish your
cigarettes forever. Write it down. Plan for it. Prepare your
mind for the "first day of the rest of your life". You might
even hold a small ceremony when you smoke you last cigarette, or
on the morning of the quit date.
Quitting smoking can reduce your risk of these problems. The earlier you quit, the greater the health benefit.
Here is a useful link.
http://stopsmokinghabits.com/social-benefits.html

(1) (Reply)

Would You Alter Ur Baby If U Knew It Was Gay? / My First Antenatal Tests : So Scared / Names Nigerians Call The Male Organ !!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.