Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Unable To Stop Throwing Up - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Unable To Stop Throwing Up (158542 Views)

Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. / How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. / What Can I Do To Stop Throwing Up While Travlling... Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Stop Throwing Up by acidkiss: 12:40am On Apr 03, 2006
I went out drinking last night and went to bed around 3am.  I woke up at 11, got sick and went back to bed.  I got up at 2 and drank some milk because my stomach was still up set and milk usually helps, and I took an antacid.  I got sick again several minutes later.  If have been getting sick almost every hour since then.  All I've been able to drink is some water and my stomach is constantly in pain, and I keep throwing up yellow acidic bile.

I don't understand why, I didn't drink more than usual last night.  I don't want to go see a doctor because I can't stand doctors/hospitals, and I haven't seen one since I was like 13.

Any advice on how to calm my stomach, I haven't taken any painkillers because I know they can make it worse, I finally forced myself to eat some crackers because I just read that it can help.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Zahymaka(m): 2:02am On Apr 03, 2006
You might have been given "something" in your drink or your system just isn't taking it. You'd better see a doctor -- it's risky staying that way.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by bluenubian(f): 2:57am On Apr 03, 2006
hey, the exact thing happened to me, but u need to keep eating even though u r still throwing up, or u might go into metabolic acidosis, the pukeing will stop eventually, but if it doesnt after about 24 hrs maybe u need a doctor, eat some toast, that helps or some herbal tea
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by ajadudu: 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2006
Time will cure you, however you could drink a glass of whatever you had last night again, no more.
It works,
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by camara(f): 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2006
u could buy avomin to stop the vomitin.if u're in nigeria,go buy urself living bitters,it's herbal,since u don't want to go see a doc.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by perculiarrose(f): 11:51pm On Apr 03, 2006
It could be apendicitis (God forbid) but when I had mine, it was the same. I kept throwing up all the time, it was so bad that anything that goes down my throat, even saliva, comes out. I thought i would die but when I saw my doctor he said it was apendicitis and I had my surgery the next day. After the surgery though, i was fine. So see a doctor except of course if u've had yours removed undecided
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Oracle(m): 12:31am On Apr 04, 2006
The best thing for you to do is to overcome your fear by going to see a doctor
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:44am On Apr 04, 2006
Drink lots of cold cold water
Then drink somemore, if you have Ginger sweets/tea take that. It usually helps to sibside the puking effect
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Txlonghorn(m): 12:56am On Apr 04, 2006
acid_kiss:

I went out drinking last night and went to bed around 3am. I woke up at 11, got sick and went back to bed. I got up at 2 and drank some milk because my stomach was still up set and milk usually helps, and I took an antacid. I got sick again several minutes later. If have been getting sick almost every hour since then. All I've been able to drink is some water and my stomach is constantly in pain, and I keep throwing up yellow acidic bile.

I don't understand why, I didn't drink more than usual last night. I don't want to go see a doctor because I can't stand doctors/hospitals, and I haven't seen one since I was like 13.

Any advice on how to calm my stomach, I haven't taken any painkillers because I know they can make it worse, I finally forced myself to eat some crackers because I just read that it can help.

I sure would love to help you out, but it would be nice to know if you a dude or a chick, and what was you drinking, Beer, Liquor or both. Did you smoke anything with your alcohol.

I had some wild and crazy nights in College, I have so many over the counter remedies for you.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by hotangel2(f): 4:04am On Apr 04, 2006
If you are a girl, uhmm are you sure something didn''t "go down" last night?

Anyways, i think it's the "milk" u drank, are you sure it's not expired? Check the bottle for expiry date. I mean it could be an expired milk, thereby making you throw up. It could also be that something was "mixed" with your drink, or you probably took something u weren't used to taking. Some stomachs react negatively to new drinks.

Watever you do, seeing a doctor is ur only best option. Prevention is better than cure. Having the fear of a doctor is not justifiable not see one. Rush to them fast cos they are there for a reason. We are on the net, and we can't judge ur sickness just by you telling us wat you drank and now u are puking. There r several things ur doctor will detect that we can't. So please see one before your case become severe.

I would say you should buy anti-biotics, but you can't buy them without a recommendation from ur doctor, except of course u in Nigeria.

Use agbo-jedi-jedi, and drink water & salt or do it the white girl way, stick ur brush down ur throat, and Throw up! Throw up till u cant throw up no more.

I still think it's the milk tho, check the expiry date. And hunnie, pls see a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Makeda(f): 4:47am On Apr 04, 2006
The same thing happened to me when I was in college, and I had alcohol poisoning. I felt like I was going to die. tongue Just make sure you eat, especially bread. I know it is hard to eat, but trust me the bread will sort of soak up the alcohol. You will still feel uneasy in the stomach for a few days after, but soon you wil start to feel normal again. smiley It just takes time to wear off. Good Luck!! I hope you feel better soon!! cheesy
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:11am On Apr 04, 2006
hot-angel:

If you are a girl, uhmm are you sure something didn''t "go down" last night?

Anyways, i think it's the "milk" u drank, are you sure it's not expired? Check the bottle for expiry date. I mean it could be an expired milk, thereby making you throw up. It could also be that something was "mixed" with your drink, or you probably took something u weren't used to taking. Some stomachs react negatively to new drinks.

Watever you do, seeing a doctor is your only best option. Prevention is better than cure. Having the fear of a doctor is not justifiable not see one. Rush to them fast because they are there for a reason. We are on the net, and we can't judge your sickness just by you telling us what you drank and now u are puking. There r several things your doctor will detect that we can't. So please see one before your case become severe.

I would say you should buy anti-biotics, but you can't buy them without a recommendation from your doctor, except of course u in Nigeria.

Use agbo-jedi-jedi, and drink water & salt or do it the white girl way, stick your brush down your throat, and Throw up! Throw up till u can't throw up no more.

I still think it's the milk tho, check the expiry date. And hunnie, please see a doctor.

LOL white girl style, that is funny  grin grin grin
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Oyin100(f): 8:04am On Apr 04, 2006
OH C'MON! GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!! I wonder how many of the proposed remedies you'll have to take before you feel better. You can't take them all, you know. How would you know which one would solve the problem? Just head to the Doctor's now, before you compound your problem.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by wiseguy(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2006
Please go and see a doctor fast. I don't like seeing doctors myself but in so many cases they are there for you. Please go. Delay is dangerous.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by micklplus(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2006
i really feel for you o. though i dont get drunk and dont drink anyhow ! eachtime i feel a kind of uneasiness as a result of what i have taken, i make sure i take lots of cold water to flush my system and i think the white girl way is highly recommended and take lots of water after then and relax then eat good food and relax ur nerves.
cheers
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Rottweiler(m): 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2006
If you attach any value to your life you would go visit a doctor right away! Good luck and get well soon.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Rottweiler(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2006
If you attach any value to your life you would go visit a doctor right away! Good luck and get well soon.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2006
go and c a doctor for a bad hangover, i doubt he/she has been poisoned, do you know to what extent u have to drinkkkk before u reach alcohol poisoning, ?
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Zahymaka(m): 1:41am On Apr 05, 2006
You might try eating guguru and epa.* grin

[b]*[/b]Popcorn and groundnuts
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by bluenubian(f): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2006
@zahy
LMAO grin grin
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Anabib(f): 2:15pm On May 05, 2006
JUST GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!

(A word is good enough for the wise)
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by eveseh(f): 8:27pm On May 05, 2006
go see a doctor
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by dblock(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2006
you can't stop throwing up grin I can't start throwing up, my stupid brain tells my system to swallow it all the time angry
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by dblock(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2006
Anabib:

JUST GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!

(A word is good enough for the wise)

Actually that was five words  grin
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Radiant(f): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2006
Alcohol poisoning
You probably had large amounts of alcohol in a short period leading to alcohol poisoning.
Severe vomiting is usually the first symptom of alcohol poisoning, 'cause the stomach is irritated by alcohol and tries to get rid of it. Thereby, the vomiting.

It also depends on how strong the concentration and also did you eat before dinking?

Your best bet is to seek for a doctor afap as even death can occur due to negligence coz your blood alcohol level keeps rising.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by esoneek(m): 12:29am On Oct 29, 2006
ur story sounds to me like that of a patient in acute intestinal obstruction,(high) especially becos the vomitus is bilous (that shld be greenish if u know wot bile means) and its usually a surgical case that could also resolve spontaneously.its an emergency any way, and wld require u seeing a doc. immediately.
by d way radiant, a patient with alcohol poisoning isnt expected to have bilous vomiting cos alcohol irritates the stomach, it doesnt get to the first/second part of the doudenum where the common bile duct drains bile into the intestines(gut).a patient with alcohol irritating his abdomen will rather present with upper GI bleeding with severe wretching due to a linear mallory-weiss tear at the oesophago-gastric junction,alrite?
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Radiant(f): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2006
My dear, after excessive consumption of alcohol, a person vomits bile!!! The vomit may be green or yellow due to bile.

For your information, bile is not acidic. So, for her to have vomited "yellow acidic bile" means that her vomit contains acid from gastric juice from the stomach 'cause the gastric juice in the duodenum is neutralised by bile and is therefore no more acidic.

What has acute intestinal obstruction got to do with alcohol shocked Besides, it was a sudden effect which from her description suggests alcohol poisoning.

D'u even know the causes of acute intestinal obstruction? Maybe if you had said acute pancreatitis It would have made more sense.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by esoneek(m): 2:17pm On Nov 03, 2006
i feel u very much,radiant but i must say u havent thorougly looked at the history, u are talking of excessive consumption of alcohol when she said she didnt drink more than usual, i still strongly suspect acute intestinal obstruction becos it might occur whether or not she just had binge drinking or not.What if she is a chronic Peptic ulcer dx patient and she is now having Gastric outlet obstruction acutely or perforation with peritonitis causing all the vomitting , sick feeling and all.this is wot i think is most likely though other less likely causes could be a worm impaction manifesting suddenly,a tumor or adhesions.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Radiant(f): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2006
Oh my daiz!!!  shocked shocked shocked

esoneek:

i still strongly suspect acute intestinal obstruction because it might occur whether or not she just had binge drinking or not.What if she is a chronic Peptic ulcer dx patient and she is now having Gastric outlet obstruction acutely or perforation with peritonitis causing all the vomitting , sick feeling and all.this is wot i think is most likely though other less likely causes could be a worm impaction manifesting suddenly,a tumor or adhesions.

I understand how intelligent and smart you want to sound but baby, you iz wrong!

Think of the 'acute' cause and symptom.You must be sharper than this and more logical if you intend to save lives and not loose them.
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by jammin(m): 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2006
radiant!!!! please dont. cool
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by esoneek(m): 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2006
ok, ok , no stress, common things occur commonly.
but i must confess u 've got some b*lls undecided , radiant
Re: Unable To Stop Throwing Up by Radiant(f): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2006
Yeah baby! I got me some balls indeed!  cool

Best wishes in med skul tho'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Bra Day: Nigerian Ladies Share Braless Pictures / What Can I Use To Clear Off Pimples On My Face / Cypri Gold Caplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.