Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Please Doctors And Pharmacists Your Attention Is Needed Here - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Doctors And Pharmacists Your Attention Is Needed Here (1715 Views)

Isha Sesay, CNN Journalist Commends Nigerian Doctors And Nurses / You Are Not Doctors! Nigerian Man Who Nearly Died From Error Blasts Pharmacists / Save This Child Nairalanders, Advice Me On What To Do, Please Doctors And Nurses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Doctors And Pharmacists Your Attention Is Needed Here by HisSexcellency(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
For over three weeks now, i have been having severe waist pain. somebody recomended i take "Lofnac and Fenocap", the former i have been taking since then and it worked wonderfully the first two day as almost 90% of the pains was gone. since i couldnt get fenocap at any of the pharmacy around, i continued with the lofnac adding paracetamol to it. but about four days ago the pain is back and now moving down to my left knee cap and my shoulders, the drugs doesnt appear to be working anymore. A friend told me to buy Naprofen, i just got it this night but the information indicates that its thesame as lofnac.
my question is can i combine both or leave lofnac for now. the naprofen is 500mg while lofnac is 100mg
Re: Please Doctors And Pharmacists Your Attention Is Needed Here by Businessideas: 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Naproxen comes in 500mg(modified).These drugs are NSAIDs and you may have used wrong equivalent doses assuming that you actually procured genuine drugs.
NSAIDs are hardly recommended for long use and avoided in some categories of people like asthmatics, those with history of peptic ulcer (Sodium in Naproxen sodium is also a concern when used by people having Hypertension linked to low sodium excretion or hypernatraemia) etc.
You will do well to be properly examined to establish the main cause of the pain even if you will eventually be placed on NSAIDs.(Pharmacist)
Re: Please Doctors And Pharmacists Your Attention Is Needed Here by 19naia(m): 6:36am On Jul 02, 2015
I beg sir, what are the price ranges of anti malarials and malaria treatments?
I like the antibiotic one Doxycycline because it has broader protection beyond just malaria. What price range is it in Nigeria?
I was not feelng well tonight but have began to recover. I ate excess and a mix of new things that did not combine well or source from good places. kiss
Re: Please Doctors And Pharmacists Your Attention Is Needed Here by HisSexcellency(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Businessideas:
Naproxen doesn't come in 500mg.These drugs are NSAIDs and you may have used wrong equivalent doses assuming that you actually procured genuine drugs.
NSAIDs are hardly recommended for long use and avoided in some categories of people like asthmatics, those with history of peptic ulcer (Sodium in Naproxen sodium is also a concern when used by people having Hypertension linked to low sodium excretion or hypernatraemia) etc.
You will do well to be properly examined to establish the main cause of the pain even if you will eventually be placed on NSAIDs.(Pharmacist)

ok, thanks alot.
the naproxen i got was made by Swiss pharma nigeria ltd its called RelevĀ® containing 500 mg of naproxen BP.
i took only two tablets of the naproxen last night, didn't want to add lofnac to it for fear of over dose. it only releave the the pains a little, can still feel my knee cap ache when i walk.

(1) (Reply)

Aspire Cleito Sub Ohm Tank Review / All You Need To Know About Peptic Ulcer Popularly Know As Stomach Ulcer / Man Collapses & Dies In Front Of School After Taking His Child 2 School In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.