Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD (48770 Views)

If Nigeria Musicians Were Football Clubs / 8 Nigerian Musicians That Needed To Stop Making Music In 2016 / List Of 6 Nigerian Musicians That Can Possibly Win The Grammy Award(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by martineverest(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2015
He will be d last to win grammy awards.grammy is not kora or city people awards.
chamboy:
Dbanj would b d first Nigerian to win it...

Y didn't "Oliver Twist" Win Grammy...it's like the most influential Nigerian Song of All time
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by martineverest(m): 11:24am On Jul 02, 2015
Nneka and asa ll be d first to win it.....they are more popular internationally than 2face and dbanj
sammybhaws:
Where is nneka egbunna!!!!! U haven't listened to the international acclaim single heartbeat by nneka or kangpe? Mehn u dull!!
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 02, 2015
Its gonna be a cold day in hell before any of these guys win a grammy.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by BrOwnSuga3: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2015
SIMI
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by naptu2: 11:30am On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:

We all know that no Nigeria Musician as ever won Grammy.So this made me to compile the list of the six Nigeria Artist that can win the Grammy award for us.
the list goes thus:
1Femi Kuti: He has been nominated four times for the grammy award in the world music category in 2003,2010,2012 and 2013 but has never won it.
Femi kuti's voice was featured in the video game " Grand Theft Auto IV"
if any Nigeria musician will win He would probably be the one.
2 LAGBAJA:
Lagbaja is a multi- award winning Nigerian Afrobeat musician,singer and song writer.he was born in 1960 in Lagos. He is also a Globacom ambasssador.
3 Dare ART ALADE:
popularly known as Darey - is a Nigeria multi-platinum selling and award winning musician,singer-songwriter,and idol series judge.Darey is having one of the best vocal power in Nigeria music.

Nigerians that have won Grammy awards.

1) Babatunde Olatunji. 1991. Planet Drum
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babatunde_Olatunji

2) Sikiru Adepoju. 1991 (Planet Drum) and 2009 (Global Drum Project).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikiru_Adepoju

People of Nigerian descent that have won Grammy awards include

1) Sade Adu
2) Seal
3) Kevin Olusola.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by ayindejimmy(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:
you are very correct Sir! Went to follow Timidakolo on Twitter now it saddens my heart to see the Guy having only 50K+ followers. Nigerians dont support good music,all dey want is beat not Lyrics. Dat's why people like Asa,Timi Dakolo,Dare art Alade,Femi kuti and Burna boy dont get enough recognition as dey ought to get.
Diz people are the only set of people that can take our Music to D Next Level

Abeg, remove Burnaboi. I've listened to his music many times. He's more of freestyle music
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Funjosh(m): 11:36am On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:
no I mean grammy. atleast dey 've nominated Femi kuti 4times, Asa won an award in France some Years ago. it's very possible for them.

I see Asa winning it soon cool
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by danbrowndmf(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

He's still the same at his very core.

We forced him to change. He's got bills to pay. We changed Darey. We changed Banky. We changed Tiwa Savage. We are changing Timi Dakolo.

We forced them to be less of genuises. We forced them to become mediocres. We forced them to be less than what they are. We clipped their wings.
We also changed Vector the Viper.

We forced them to become quacks as against maestros so they could pay their bills.

Only Asa got lucky. The rest are trapped by our poor taste.

These guys deserve more than us. These guys deserve fans that appreciate their true genius talents.sad
so ur a big fan of vector thaviper bro?
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by ayindejimmy(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:

We all know that no Nigeria Musician as ever won Grammy.So this made me to compile the list of the six Nigeria Artist that can win the Grammy award for us.
the list goes thus:
1Femi Kuti: He has been nominated four times for the grammy award in the world music category in 2003,2010,2012 and 2013 but has never won it.
2 LAGBAJA:
Lagbaja is a multi- award winning Nigerian Afrobeat musician,singer and song writer.he was born in 1960 in Lagos. He is also a Globacom ambasssador.
3 Dare ART ALADE:
popularly known as Darey - is a Nigeria multi-platinum selling and award winning musician,singer-songwriter,and idol series judge.Darey is having one of the best vocal power in Nigeria music.

Actually, two musicians of Nigerian origin have won many international awards and even a GRAMMY b4.
If you grew up in the late 80s and early 90s when music was music you would know these fellas

Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel popularly known as Seal won about 4 Grammies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(musician)

And Helen Folasade Adu popularly called Sade Adu

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sade_(singer)
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Abbey2sam(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

We forced him to change. He's got bills to pay. We changed Darey. We changed Banky. We changed Tiwa Savage. We are changing Timi Dakolo.

We forced them to be less of genuises. We forced them to become mediocres. We forced them to be less than what they are. We clipped their wings.

We forced them to become quacks as against maestros so they could pay their bills.

These guys deserve more than us. These guys deserve fans that appreciate their true genius talents.sad

Nigerians just want to party, we don't appreciate good music
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by danbrowndmf(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2015
BrainnewsNg:
Where is Tu-Face (Innocent Idibia) on this list?

This list is incomplete.

Who supports me?
i support u!
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by ayindejimmy(m): 11:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Abbey2sam:

Nigerians just want to party, we don't appreciate good music
We're talking Grammies not BET awards
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by chamboy(m): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2015
Creamish:

R u constantly in the bend down and dance mood?
Yes baby
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
so ur a big fan of vector thaviper bro?

Yes sir. I listen to his hit song KILODE FT. EMMSONG everyday.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by sojihandsome: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2015
Do you own a Blog? here is an opportunity for you to make good money from a reputable and reliable organization

www.NaijaBet.comnews.naijabet.com/naijabet-andro… Become an agent with ease and make alot placing bet for people http://news.naijabet.com/affiliate
http://www.naijabet.com/partner_register/
http://naijabet.com/partner-login.php

Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by chamboy(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2015
afelouz:

Dat doesnt make it worthy to win a Grammy! Grammy is not only about how popular ur song is. If its how pupular ur song is then some american artist wouldnt have been snubbed by grammies and some could have won also
Yes Popularity wins it, because u don't Knw the Winners doesn't mean dey r not popular.. some American Artist u mean like R.kelly nw compare an Adele to R.kelly
Tho Racial Sentiment is involved tho
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by naptu2: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Actually, two musicians of Nigerian origin have won many international awards and even a GRAMMY b4.
If you grew up in the late 80s and early 90s when music was music you would know these fellas

Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel popularly known as Seal won about 4 Grammies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(musician)

And Helen Folasade Adu popularly called Sade Adu

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sade_(singer)

naptu2:

Nigerians that have won Grammy awards.

1) Babatunde Olatunji. 1991. Planet Drum
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babatunde_Olatunji

2) Sikiru Adepoju. 1991 (Planet Drum) and 2009 (Global Drum Project).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikiru_Adepoju

People of Nigerian descent that have won Grammy awards include

1) Sade Adu
2) Seal
3) Kevin Olusola.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by vicadex07(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I love this bitter truth...I cringe so much when people hype the likes of wizkid and olamide
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by danbrowndmf(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Yes sir. I listen to his hit song KILODE FT. EMMSONG everyday.
listen to "1980" intro to his last album

you dnt like Kingkong? His latest
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
vicadex07:

I love this bitter truth...I cringe so much when people hype the likes of wizkid and olamide

They are limiting themselves.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by pbs4real(m): 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:
[s][/s]
Na lie or u mean hipTV Awards
u be enemy of progress
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by pbs4real(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
danbrowndmf:
i support u!
so u sef wan tel me say u knw see 2face for that list
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Roydxemmy: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
UjSizzle:

Lmaoooo with hin ogogoro voice grin
hehehehe....imagine...be lyk say na op wan gv am d award
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Goldmaxx(f): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
STFU, psquare is beta than all those pple u listed,he has more international friends and influence.
And for dbanj,lmaoo,when last did he release a hit song.Is it feeling the niggar?lwmkmd.....you must be 4rm france.
chamboy:
Grammy is an International Act Award and it's given to International Recognised Artist
Not the likes of wizkid, 2face, Darey, banky W, burna boy, Pasuma...

We should b talking of Dbanj, Asa, Wale, Nneka
#teampsquarerocks#
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by fejikudz(m): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Makes alot of sense
RESPECT
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Koolking(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
You killed and buried the list when you added Banky W, Dbanj, Tim. I see no talent in these dudes. They are living on 'Cult Personalities"
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by hadura29(m): 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:
yeah bro wana include Praiz before but the guy as changed his pattern

Praiz bawo, Brymo instead...
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
badex10 i can't believe Asa is not on your list!!

infact thread locked and burnt to ashes!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by hadura29(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Fact bro.... The likes of Brymo, Jesse jags, raw talent but naija loves noise and it puts food on their table...

I still listen to my favourite artists though. I can't fill my head with thrash...
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Maximus85(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Badex10:

the list goes thus:
2 LAGBAJA:
3 Dare ART ALADE:

Darey, vocal power? Hmmm, Timi Dakolo has the best vocal strength in Nigeria. And where is Asa on this list? I will kick lagbaja out and put Asa straight in.
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
If to say Asa no dey there.. i for finish you today
Re: Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD by cotzywitzy(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

@TheSonofMark... We need people like you in this country... God bless u sir.... Respect to u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 20 Richest Musicians In Nigeria And Their Net Worth / Nigeria’s Top 50 Songs(1960-2010) – The Complete Music Countdown, Do You Agree? / Top 20 Hottest And Most Popular Songs In Nigeria 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.